[10] Iron Council

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Iron Council

Postby Panzerdin » Thu May 07, 2009 10:26 am

Don't ever plan for bad play. Optimise your raid around people not fucking up, in the same way that you don't stack avoidance and +heal in case you never get healed.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Jasari » Thu May 07, 2009 10:34 am

Panzerdin wrote:Don't ever plan for bad play. Optimise your raid around people not fucking up, in the same way that you don't stack avoidance and +heal in case you never get healed.

Well since the interrupter will prioritize stopping the Lightning Whirl over chain lightning, it's inevitable that you'll be hit by it on occasion even without anyone playing bad... unless you have two dedicated interrupters which probably won't be the case in 10man. Staying spread out also makes it faster for most people to move out of the rune since it will only be centered on one person.
Jasari

Postby BubbaBill » Fri May 08, 2009 12:50 pm

I was wondering why they are taken down 1 at a time instead of DPS'd down at a similar rate? It seems each gets more powerefull when their are fewer of them. It would make sense to kill them all about the same time. Sure you would have all 3 up for longer but none of them are particularly deadly untill the others start dropping off. Just makes sense to me burn them all down to about 10% then start picking them off. I'm sure there is a reason this isn't done but in all my reading I haven't found it yet.
BubbaBill

Postby Jasari » Fri May 08, 2009 12:59 pm

BubbaBill wrote:I was wondering why they are taken down 1 at a time instead of DPS'd down at a similar rate? It seems each gets more powerefull when their are fewer of them. It would make sense to kill them all about the same time. Sure you would have all 3 up for longer but none of them are particularly deadly untill the others start dropping off. Just makes sense to me burn them all down to about 10% then start picking them off. I'm sure there is a reason this isn't done but in all my reading I haven't found it yet.

They heal to 100% every time one is killed.
Jasari

Postby PsiVen » Fri May 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Vladogor wrote:How long did you manage to stay alive tanking him? Were you soulstoned?

Steelbreaker doesn't hit boneshatteringly hard until the third tank in the rotation, which will never happen in 10-man. Last week we actually killed him before the first tank melted down, with 2 healers it gets dicey in P2 but isn't bad at all in P3.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Dianora » Tue May 26, 2009 8:49 pm

Didn't see a thread on the 25 man version... Did they buffed Steelbreaker in 25 man version this week? I've been doing Steelbreaker Big->Med->Small since week 1. This week, he started to hit me 25k per fusion punch, without dot or rune of power. I mean, my gear only have gotten better since last week, but I'm getting 2 shotted.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby PsiVen » Tue May 26, 2009 10:16 pm

25k sounds about right for Fusion Punch. Yeah, he will two-shot you, but he attacks pretty slowly.
PsiVen

Postby Treck » Wed May 27, 2009 3:11 am

If the debuff isnt removed he will kill you in seconds. But if noone of his allies are dead, he meeles for about 10k, and then fusion punch for 25k, But if hes beeing killed first, a fusion punch followed by an autoattack shouldnt be killing you.
Then ofc if your killing the others first he gets a 50% more dmg debuff, Autoattack 15k fusion punch35-40k. And when 2nd add dies he autohits for 20k and fusion punches for 50k, His hits are healable, but fushion punches has to be CDed (in 25man atleast, 10man was a joke compared to 25 didnt even swich tanks before he died).
Treck

Postby PsiVen » Wed May 27, 2009 4:09 am

With NR aura and 45-47k HP, cooldowns are not necessary for Fusion Punch until the first tank death in 25. I don't think they're mandatory for that phase in 10-man either, and if you have a sufficiently geared second tank it's probably still true for his turn.

Is it 50% per add? I guess 25k is a little high for a first-phase punch. Perhaps you forgot or were missing:
- Sanctuary
- RF
- TbtL (talent)
- Divine Plea (glyphed)
- NR aura/totem (or at least MotW)
PsiVen

Postby Treck » Wed May 27, 2009 5:03 am

25k is high, actually meant unmitigated.
Noticed numbers closer to 21k.
And i can see now after looking it up that its actually 50% when both are dead, so 25% per add.
But when we were doing Steelbreaker (25) im second as tank (thats prolly why im using higher numbers than it actually is :S)
so a fusion punch is eather very close to killing me, or its a oneshot without CDs.
Usually do Salv on first fusion, and shieldwall on second, i dont wanna take them without CDs (with a LoH somewhere in between to reduce meele dmg intake)
We still have problems with ppl dying every now and then in P3 so never actually gotten to the 3rd tank tanking with everything else going flawelessly, also prolly missing some dps once we get down to it, but were getting there.
Treck

Postby Dianora » Wed May 27, 2009 10:47 am

Treck wrote:25k is high, actually meant unmitigated.
Noticed numbers closer to 21k.
And i can see now after looking it up that its actually 50% when both are dead, so 25% per add.
But when we were doing Steelbreaker (25) im second as tank (thats prolly why im using higher numbers than it actually is :S)
so a fusion punch is eather very close to killing me, or its a oneshot without CDs.
Usually do Salv on first fusion, and shieldwall on second, i dont wanna take them without CDs (with a LoH somewhere in between to reduce meele dmg intake)
We still have problems with ppl dying every now and then in P3 so never actually gotten to the 3rd tank tanking with everything else going flawelessly, also prolly missing some dps once we get down to it, but were getting there.

I think I'll chalk it up to healers composition. I'm used to having a discipline priest and holy paladin on me during Steelbreaker phase. This week, it's holy paladin and restoration druid. Well, I've joggle around enchant (goodbye hand mounted pyro-rocket, hello 800 armor) and see what happens next week.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Pala » Sun May 31, 2009 10:21 am

I tank small and medium in the back with a resto shaman healing me. If I can't get Brundir off a blue rune I'll ask the shaman to earth shock him. Things go pretty well for all of it and I've noticed that Overload is about every minute or so. I have a stopwatch going for my 1 min Sacred Shield so when it gets to 10 sec I tell my shaman healer to get ready to move since she is watching my bar closely. This has worked pretty well. We have a druid tanking Steelbreaker with a ret paladin cleansing Fusion Punch. We switched one day when the ret paladin wasn't there and the druid called out for a lot of shocks from the shaman.

I noticed last week and again last night that when Stormcaller Brundir is the last alive he will reset his aggro table when he goes in the air for Lightning Tendrils. This surprised a few dps who discovered it. :D
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Worgrider » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:32 am

Anyone having issues with 2 Fusion Punches in a row? Last night during each of our attempts the MT on Steelbreaker would get hit by 2 Fusion Punches in a row causing an instant wipe. We're hoping it was just a glitch and we're trying again tonight.
Worgrider

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon