UI help needed

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

UI help needed

Postby Aseirak » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:21 am

Currently looking for a UI that tells you when ur Holy SHield is up for use.. or when ur consecration is available..

sometimes when i monitor KTM too much.. i tend to forget about using those abilities :p

I saw a thread which had someone asking..but no answers for them..

need some help here..
Aseirak

Postby Serrot » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:26 am

I know that MikScrollingBattleText offers a warning when the cooldown is done on your spells. I use it (though not for that purpose).
Serrot

Postby Cimzar » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:32 am

How about a warning for when your righteous fury buff is not on? :oops:
<3 Bram
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!
Cimzar

Postby Quean » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:34 am

lulz i could use that too cimzar ><
Quean

Postby Zhalseran » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:34 am

ClassTimer is good although it doesn't tell you anything about consecrate. I've also used Plateadin in the past, it does show pretty much everything you need, I find it to be kind of buggy though.

Personally I use a combination of ClassTimers, and staring at my action bar with OmniCC, watching the cooldowns on different skills.

(also, Plateadin does have a Righteous Fury warner, which is nice! Theres a little "RF" symbol you can plant somewhere that is red when its down and green when it's up. When RF is down, it will give you messages saying "Warning: No Righteous Fury")
Zhalseran

Postby Warrender » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:37 am

Serrot wrote:I know that MikScrollingBattleText offers a warning when the cooldown is done on your spells. I use it (though not for that purpose).

This is indeed a new feature of MikScrollingBattleText. It alerts you to every possible boss emote and mob cast now. I switched to it from SCT a while ago and haven't looked back since.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Aseirak » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:40 am

wow.. those are fast replies :)

thanks guys.. gonna go try the Mikcombat thingy 1st.. then maybe for the Plateadin

thanks..!
Aseirak

Postby Serrot » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:48 am

I use SimpleSpellRebuff to warn me about RF. I doesn't do it while in combat, but does scroll a periodic red warding on your screen that it is missing. Saves my ass often. :D
Serrot

Postby festrati » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:09 am

i use Chronometer to watching the cooldowns

and Jim cooldown pulse to remember me
The Fucker
festrati

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:50 am

I use PowerAuras for tracking RF (puts a big red dagger icon in the middle of my screen when it's not up. Impossible to ignore). I have it pop up for other momentary buffs as well, but that's mostly cosmetic.

The latest version of MikScrollingBattleText is pretty hot. I had problems with it siezing up after big AOE pulls in earlier versions, but this latest one is pretty slick.

OmniCC will put a countdown timer on the buttons themselves, then "pulse" them when avail, which is nice for corner-of-the-eye notifications.

I also use Cooldown2 for tracking trinkets or other abilities that are macroed or otherwise not visible.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Warrender » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:44 am

fuzzygeek wrote:The latest version of MikScrollingBattleText is pretty hot. I had problems with it siezing up after big AOE pulls in earlier versions, but this latest one is pretty slick.

I was just remarking how smooth my FPS had been during last night's KT attempts. It had been choppy up until recently and I think updating my MSBT was what did the trick.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby dzigner210 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:16 am

I saw someones interface (i forget who it was it was in the UI thread) that uses ElksBuffBar Mod and sets RF as a debuff so its RED and hard to miss.
dzigner210

Postby Gracerath » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:54 pm

I changed from SCT to Parrot (just because I wanted a few more fancy animations to try) and it displays a line that says "Consecrate is ready!" or "Holy Shield is ready!" whenever the cooldown is up. It also tells you when a trinket cooldown is ready as well.

I know my SCT told me when trinkets were ready as well, not sure if there was a way to make it show spell cooldown reminders. I'm kind of dumb when it comes to setting up mods to do stuff like that. Speaking of which, Parrot has a more complex menu than SCT so it took me like 2 hours of trial and error to find something I liked.

I was looking into a mod that gives timer bars that I could put off to the side somewhere but given that I'm already pretty strapped for room on my screen as it is, seeing the cooldown notifcations via the combat text was a pleasant surprise.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros