Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] How To: Ulduar

Postby Panzerdin » Sat May 02, 2009 6:08 am

Yoggy Bear is in!
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Meatydog » Sat May 02, 2009 4:07 pm

In the beginning where you are explaining the vehicles abilities you didnt mention the shield that the seige engine passengers can use.
Meatydog

Postby Dem » Sat May 02, 2009 6:58 pm

"Even with the nerfs, the place is still much harder than Naxx."
Harder yes, more fun yes, much harder, no.

"On my server it's rare to find guilds that have a set 25 man team of dedicated raiders that are serious about progressing through content... most guilds have about 10-15 pro raiders who come prepared and do there homework.. the rest are average - to poor players who raid whenever they feel like it... that's why I believe there's only 2-3 guilds that are actually doing anything in Uld 25 on my server. The rest have to make 10 man teams, and are searching for more people. "

My guild did nothing on the PTR. We're on Yogg in 10 already and will be there tomorrow in 25 in the second week.
You're right about the 10-15 though. Most (no?) guilds can't field a 25 team that's anything like their best 10 man. The trick is to lead the raid such that you encourage/beat the best out of the remaining members.

It might just be a server issue - not enough players and therefore not enough good players. Uld 10 is amazing fun though, so take your 10 best and nuke it.
Dem

Postby Panzerdin » Sun May 03, 2009 12:42 am

This is a guide, not a discussion thread. Please don't discuss Ulduar in it (aside from things relevant to the guide, of course) :twisted:
Panzerdin

Postby Venoseth » Mon May 04, 2009 2:55 pm

Auriaya:

If you're having any trouble with her fear (which is likely, unless you have a Shaman for each party) and have a disc priest; we rotated our Fear Ward on our disc priest after each Terrifying Screech (we run with 5~ priests usually). Once the fear is going up, our priest PW:S himself (for Borrowed Time) and then casts Mass Dispel on the raid that's clumped up on the tank (who's marked, just in-case anyone gets away. :o ).

According to our priest, the cast time w/ both Borrowed Time, Focused Power and his natural/raid buff'd haste the spell is almost instant, and keeps most everyone from going anywhere. Really good to help keep people together for her other abilities, and keeping her feral defender from moving all over.

Also, our DKs (the tank who's no longer tanking after her adds and 1 DPS) take turns Death Gripping the Feral Defender as they're about to die, to keep the void zone away from the raid.

Hopefully that helps anyone who may be having trouble AFTER the initial pull, which is one of the harder parts of the fight. ^^
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Postby Panzerdin » Tue May 05, 2009 10:16 am

Added.
Panzerdin

Postby alayire » Wed May 06, 2009 2:26 am

Council. normally Rune master will target the reiciver of rune of Power while casting it .. he casts it for 2-3 seconds i think. he doesn't exactly do it on cooldown and can be quite messy when he does both shield and rune of power at the same time since he will target the rune of power reiciver for about ohh a split second.

now since the tank of the Rune Master doesn't have alot to do in Phase 1, have him call out the target of the Rune of power. heck .. have him call out when he sees him casts it even before he sees the target so the tank on steelbreaker starts moving him just in case.
alayire

Postby Mozen » Wed May 06, 2009 7:04 pm

Regarding Flame Leviathan, while most (if not all) guides say the choppers need to lay down tar patches to slow the boss, we have people declaring strongly that the boss himself isn't susceptible to tar slowing. The proof cited is that they simply couldn't get the tar debuff on the boss. The debuff does appear on mobs in the gauntlet.

Anyone have screenshots or otherwise solid data that supports either?
Mozen

Postby inthedrops » Thu May 07, 2009 6:46 am

I've never heard anyone say the tar is to slow down the boss. It gets set on fire and hurts the boss while on fire. At least that's my understanding.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Thu May 07, 2009 8:09 am

The bike tar is used to slow down and burn the freya towers adds, not the boss itself. The small dot on the boss is insignificant and hard to place, not to mention you go in range and potentially can get burned with the flame vents.
Our bikes just stand far away ready to pickup the parachutes and if we are doing towers, they handle the freya adds.
Seloei

Postby arilink » Thu May 07, 2009 6:16 pm

In no particular order:

Regarding Vezax: He is immune to taunt.
On Mimiron: There is no Rocket Strike in P1.
On Mimiron in P4: If you want to be specific it's Shock Blast no. 4 which coincidences with a Laser Barrage.
On Auriaya: To prevent random raidmembers from being gibbed by Feral Rush (Feral Defender) you possibly want to stun him (and save the stun DR for) when Sonic Screech is being cast.
On Ignis: Tanking those adds while standing in a scorch area is now preferable ("Casuals win again"!).
On Hodir: To further elaborate the incredible usefulness of Divine Guardian it's recommended use is during those Frozen Blows.
On Yogg P2: If there is a Corrupter Tentacle near a Crusher Tentacle you could HotR that Corrupter to interrupt the Crusher Tentacle well... you said P2 is boring by yourself, didn't you? :lol:
Otherwise: approved.
Lailani - Paladin
Vixi - Deathknight
arilink

Postby Panzerdin » Fri May 08, 2009 8:56 am

arilink wrote:In no particular order:

Regarding Vezax: He is immune to taunt.
On Mimiron: There is no Rocket Strike in P1.
On Mimiron in P4: If you want to be specific it's Shock Blast no. 4 which coincidences with a Laser Barrage.
On Auriaya: To prevent random raidmembers from being gibbed by Feral Rush (Feral Defender) you possibly want to stun him (and save the stun DR for) when Sonic Screech is being cast.
On Ignis: Tanking those adds while standing in a scorch area is now preferable ("Casuals win again"!).
On Hodir: To further elaborate the incredible usefulness of Divine Guardian it's recommended use is during those Frozen Blows.
On Yogg P2: If there is a Corrupter Tentacle near a Crusher Tentacle you could HotR that Corrupter to interrupt the Crusher Tentacle well... you said P2 is boring by yourself, didn't you? :lol:
Otherwise: approved.

In order:
Will change.
Fixt.
I don't.
Not really.
No, taking extra fire damage is not preferable.
Will add.
I hate being corrected this much. Will add.
Panzerdin

Postby Salamandra » Sat May 09, 2009 5:02 am

You put it the wrong way round, he said HotR the corruptors to interrupt the crushers. You put the opposite.

Also I think it's wrong anyway. Diminish Power fades if someone goes into melee range (I also think you have to be there long enough to be attacked, I certainly have gone in and come out without Diminish Power fading), I don't think attacking it has anything to do with it.
Salamandra

Postby Panzerdin » Sat May 09, 2009 12:26 pm

I'll hedge and take it out then, it's not exactly a vital tactical measure anyway.
Panzerdin

Postby Venoseth » Sat May 09, 2009 1:33 pm

alayire wrote:Council. normally Rune master will target the reiciver of rune of Power while casting it .. he casts it for 2-3 seconds i think. he doesn't exactly do it on cooldown and can be quite messy when he does both shield and rune of power at the same time since he will target the rune of power reiciver for about ohh a split second.

now since the tank of the Rune Master doesn't have alot to do in Phase 1, have him call out the target of the Rune of power. heck .. have him call out when he sees him casts it even before he sees the target so the tank on steelbreaker starts moving him just in case.

Instead of this, if you're one of the other tanks, just set Runemaster as your focus target (and make sure you have it set to show casting on name-plates). I can always see exactly who he's casting it on the moment he starts casting. ^^
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon