Kologarn and Hand of reckoning?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Kologram and Hand of reckoning?

Postby Sturmm:) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:39 am

Well at least i know i'm not alone. :) I hope that if it is a bug and not just RD or bad luck that blizzard spot it and fix it quick.
Anyway will be keeping a closer eye on it now and see if it happens again.
Sturmm:)

Postby MotiVater » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:26 pm

I'll chip in here too and add that I often had to either use RD or (by the time I'd realised he wasnt on me) had to use Hand a 2nd time to get the boss on me. This was for multiple attempts on 10 man last reset, was certainly targetting the body and there would be no reason for DR to come into it with how infrequently any taunt is used there.
MotiVater
Maintankadonor

Postby judge » Thu May 07, 2009 1:53 am

I've noticed similar problems a lot in various places in Ulduar.
After a Hand of Reckoning I would gain the same threat as the other tank, but only gain aggro for a split second before switching back.

This even happens when current tank stops threat rotations and the taunting tank uses everything they have. Without the taunt effect working as it should building up the extra threat to pull aggro naturally is very difficult.

We run 10 man with two pally tanks and luckily it's not caused any major problems except a messy kill on Kologarn when I had to taunt him using RD and ended up with some of the adds from the arm too.
judge

Postby Mert » Thu May 07, 2009 3:35 am

Didn't have this on Kologarn (though on our successful attempt we didn't tank-swap, admittedly) but had it on Razorscale and, like many, chalked it up to DR. I have Tankadin2 configured to announce in /say if a taunt gets resisted/misses/mob is immune and it did trigger even though I'm fairly sure it put damage on him. Not sure what to make of that, to be honest - it's entirely possible that the damage from HotR is calculated seperately to the taunt element I guess, but I don't really know.
Mert

Postby imapler » Thu May 07, 2009 3:59 am

I was at Kologarn last night and i had the exact same problem, and its a bit funny. anyway this is how it happened
our mt (war) second mt(dk) and add tank(me pally) was tanking. the warrior runs in and of the edge dyeing instantly. the entire raid said wtf? the dk pick up Kologarn and i started dpsing the arm. the arm died and i tanked the adds, after the adds where down i went to taunt of Kologarn (first taunt) HoR nothing happened. RD resist. waited for cooldowns, HoR nothing again, RD landed

this was clearly not dr, hope it helps

ps. we laughed at the warrior for the rest of the night saying there should be a mind the gap sign beside Kologarn
imapler

Postby Mert » Thu May 07, 2009 7:40 am

Again without a bigger sample size this is simply circumstantial, but for what it's worth I've only experienced this effect when tanking alongisde a Death Knight in Ulduar and didn't have it once all evening when tanking alongside another Paladin.
Mert

Postby sanguineraven » Mon May 11, 2009 2:50 am

I've experienced this both on 10-man (with another Paladin and with a Warrior on seperate occasions) and 25-man (with a Warrior and a Death Knight).

Seems to happen even if it is the first taunt in the fight and a minute in, was a bit frantic so didn't notice any immune/resist messages but HoR fails and RD usually works but is followed by pumping out some heavy threat. It means there is usually 5-10 seconds of confusion after the other tank calls out for a switch and I am desperately trying to pick it up.

Thought it was just me but seems to be a problem for a lot of people.
sanguineraven

Postby Maddok » Mon May 11, 2009 5:21 am

Had this happen to me last night when trying to tank switch off our feral on our 25 man run.
Maddok

Postby Jasari » Mon May 11, 2009 5:42 am

I've found that for any fight that requires a tank switch I just mash HoReck and RD to make sure at least one of them goes off (with the exception of any extremely rare double-miss scenario).
Jasari

Re: Kologarn and Hand of reckoning?

Postby Belarkan » Mon May 11, 2009 7:13 am

HoR worked fine for me on 10 or 25 men. It sometimes miss but I'm not hit caped.

However, what happens often:
- XX taunts
- Kolograrn doesn't switch target
- XX realises he taunted left/right hand.

I always always use main tank's frame to select the boss before taunting and make sure that the boss doesn't focus me anymore when doing a tank switch.
Belarkan

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon