Remove Advertisements

Raid Leader considering using a Prot Pally in SSC

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Raid Leader considering using a Prot Pally in SSC

Postby Petes » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:15 am

My raid leader is considering bringing in a prot paladin to help progress through SSC. Basically, I have very little raiding experiance in SSC in general (we've only downed lurker), and I need to know where and how to use a prot paladin in this instance. Right now, all I can tell my raid leader is I know they're good for tidewalker adds, and for some reason they're good for leo. So basically you just need to tell me everything. :X
Petes

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:17 am

A look in the SSC section of this forum might give you all the infos you are looking for :)

Oh, don't break the sheeps on trashs with consecration, too :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:19 am

(Moving this thread to the SSC forum)

A Prot Pally brings an added benefit for:

Tidewalker - AOE murlocs
Leotheras - Picking him up after whirlwind with Avenger's Shield (without having to chase him around the room)
Vashj - Picking up naga phase 2 (1 prot pally can replace 2 warriors here, depending on your strategy)

We can also stand in just fine in any situation where we don't have a direct benefit.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby divinituss » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:20 am

Tidewalker adds: Ability to hold AOE aggro for heavy AOE to take place, compared to other tanks where there is a chance of adds leaking and killing healers

Leotheras: Fast hitting boss such that only paladin's HS can ensure uncrushability from that boss. Also, ability to grap snap aggro from range themselves as compared to most other tanks.

Vashj: Ability to break free from roots without external aid.

For other bosses, pretty much it doesn't matter who tanks it, other than maybe lurker requires the paladin to be swimming for consecration to hit (not entirely sure whether this is fixed already). New paladins may have trouble with aggro on hydross though.
Kimbeatina - Frostmourne

divinituss

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:25 am

divinituss wrote:For other bosses, pretty much it doesn't matter who tanks it, other than maybe lurker requires the paladin to be swimming for consecration to hit (not entirely sure whether this is fixed already).

My consecration definitively hit Lurker while standing on the platform.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Petes » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:34 am

somehow I missed that there was even an SSC forum at all O.o
Petes

Postby Nebuchadneza » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:29 pm

Karathress: Sharkkis the hunter, and easily picking up his pet with consecrate instead of using 2 tanks.
Nebuchadneza

Postby Lieris » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:30 pm

My guild can't do SSC without me, our strategies for all but Lurker are dependent on me being there. It's nice to be so needed but it means I can't take a break every now and then >_<

To add to what everyone else has posted:

Hydross: I MT the nature phase. When he transitions I drop a consecration, the adds get frost nova and we AOE them all down. On the frost phase we have to use banishes and single target tanking so it's no surprise that most of our DPS time on Hydross is during the phase I tank.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Therem » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:40 am

Also pretty good as add-tank for Hydross, as you have an easier time grabbing adds then other tankclasses.
Therem

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern