Remove Advertisements

Can we solo MgT (to Delrissa)?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Can we solo MgT (to Delrissa)?

Postby ihavenoskill » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:30 pm

latchee wrote:After some tests, if you want to loot delrissa, you have to kill her in last.
Don't know why, but you can't loot her otherwise.

I don't think this is true. I remember running this instance at level 70 many times on all 4 of my level 70 toons. With some line-ups we would burst Delrissa down first so we could avoid her heals. Never had an issue with her not dropping loot.
ihavenoskill

Postby amh » Fri May 01, 2009 7:39 am

I´ve never not killed her first, she´s always dropped loot.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Impervium » Mon May 04, 2009 8:51 am

With Dual specs out now, would it be reasonable to just switch to full ret and burn Kael down? What about the Arcane boss?
Impervium

Postby Tropicana » Mon May 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Ret for kael is definitely easier imo. For the arcane boss, I haven't tried as ret yet, since he does hit pretty hard.

edit: got down 2nd boss as ret. 2 tries, about the same strategy as prot.
Tropicana

Postby Dork » Wed May 06, 2009 7:25 am

I decided to see how much AR I needed to make the 2nd boss trivial (doable with out using cooldowns of course) and I can easily do him with just the Kara trinket and AR boots (22sta enchant/24sta gems) with out having to use bubble or LoH.
Dork

Postby Lydirn » Sat May 09, 2009 3:48 am

Soloed the place full on prot the whole way yesterday. None of this 'ret' stuff ;)
1st boss- cake.
2nd boss- I kited him to avoid the sparks, to the exit. By the time he's there, I was full health, he was at 20%, overloading- at that point I let him get me down to about 50% in health, then popped my shield to remove the debuff- and brought him down as far as I could- LoH to save myself at the end. I used about 100 arcane resist.
Delrissa is a joke. Just survivability.
Kael as prot is a pain but doable- focused on him and got him to 60% at the first pyro- then I DSed, and killed the 1st phoenix, then pushed him into phase 2, and from there on he's cake.
Most of the time, I was wearing a heavy shield block set- about 1600 block pre buffed, and glyphed for shield slam.
No bird though =/
Lydirn

Previous

Return to General Strats