Remove Advertisements

[10] Mimiron P4

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Mimiron P4

Postby Invisusira » Mon May 04, 2009 4:34 pm

Why would you do that? Just have a ranged tank it.

Trust me, having an extra hunter in there instead of a 2nd tank makes a MASSIVE difference in 10 man.
Invisusira

Postby Passionario » Tue May 05, 2009 1:26 am

If we don't kill all three parts in time, do they regenerate to 25% or 50%?

And, on a related note, does a 'killed' part use its abilities during the 10 seconds while it's waiting for repair?
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby nicolax » Tue May 05, 2009 1:37 am

Amenian wrote:I tank the bottom portion of Mimiron on P4 and am having some difficulties with his Arcane Barrage. It doesn't matter how small my movements are to get behind him when he uses this ability, I always end up with him moving all over the place and wiping the raid due to the Arcane Barrage. Does anybody have any tips on how to tank this phase and still keep him centered when reacting to this ability?

Also, any tips on how to not get swallowed up by the graphics of him and be unable to see when you're the rocket target?

What i do in 25 man is :

- tank the bottom, set your focus on the middle part. When you see the middle part doing "spinning up", 4 sec cast, quickly check what directions are the guns facing and move opposite. The middle part will stand still during spinning up, but the bottom part will move and thus you can completely avoid getting damaged by pewpew laser barrage.

- tank the bottom part at max melee range to avoid rockets. Spice is not a good idea as we found out, the hit box will be too small.
nicolax

Postby Treck » Tue May 05, 2009 2:07 am

Passionario wrote:If we don't kill all three parts in time, do they regenerate to 25% or 50%?
And, on a related note, does a 'killed' part use its abilities during the 10 seconds while it's waiting for repair?

As i remember they repair to 25% on 10man, and back to 50% on 25man
A "killed" part repairing doesnt do anything else.
We had the MT dying when lower part was on 1%, then started repairing, its broken and cant move does not need to be tanked and doesnt do the mines.
The middle part should interrupt the spinnup if its on when it needs to repair.
Treck

Postby Passionario » Tue May 05, 2009 3:30 am

I see, thank you.

(One of our raid members came up with an idea of treating the middle section like Kologarn's Right Arm: that is, re-killing it on cooldown to minimize the impact of raidwiping abilities and effectively turn phase 4 into phase 1 with no plasma blasts)
Passionario

Postby Serelynn » Tue May 05, 2009 7:53 am

Ran into problems on 25 man with Shock Blast and Laser Barrage happening at once. I'd run out for the Shock Blast, by the time I ran back in, the boss was moving to come towards me and then the barrage wiped everyone out. The other thing that hurts is when Laser Barrage is aimed at your face and you need to move to avoid it without the boss moving at all. Any further suggestions on handling those situations?

We eventually got the boss down on 10/25 but it just seems a bit ridiculous when those abilities overlap. :(
Serelynn

Postby Tiranknight » Tue May 05, 2009 8:34 am

What's really cruel is when he does a Laser Barrage, followed Directly by a Shock Blast you just finish up avoiding those Shiny Beams of Death spinning your camera and running your ass off, and then you're ready to collect yourself and "Oh ****" he's charging up a Shock Blast and Boom... too late you're a few seconds off trying to get out... or you nearly kill yourself running through the mines...

p4 is ridiculous if you're in melee range you have so much **** flying in your face. Lasers, Rockets, surrounded by Land Mines, and on top of that you have 3 Giant Hunks of Scrap metal stuck in your face making it difficult to see exactly wtf is going on.
Tiranknight

Postby Belloc » Tue May 05, 2009 9:17 am

I don't see the problem with pewpew followed by shock blast. I can't remember a phase 4 where he wouldn't use a shock blast more than 5 seconds after a pew pew. You know it's coming, so be mentally prepared.

As far as avoiding the pewpew as a tank, just circle strafe. If you've made it this far into Ulduar, certainly you've acquired that skill.
Belloc

Postby Serelynn » Tue May 05, 2009 11:26 am

It's laser barrage during a shock blast that is a problem, he uses them simultaneously, you run out for shock blast (the tank is immobile while casting it) and the laser barrage starts shooting as you run out. When you run back in, the tank becomes mobile again and the boss freaks out and the middle section spins around the room during the barrage. It's fun.
Serelynn

Postby Belloc » Tue May 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Serelynn wrote:It's laser barrage during a shock blast that is a problem, he uses them simultaneously, you run out for shock blast (the tank is immobile while casting it) and the laser barrage starts shooting as you run out. When you run back in, the tank becomes mobile again and the boss freaks out and the middle section spins around the room during the barrage. It's fun.

They hotfixed him a week ago to prevent him from casting both in rapid succession.
Belloc

Postby Serelynn » Tue May 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Hm. I found some patch notes for that fix, but he most definitely cast Shock Blast and Laser Barrage at the same time, multiple times for most of the night which is what held us up for so long. Guess I'll put a forum post up on the official forums and see if anyone else ran into the same problem.

1:52'01.718 Leviathan Mk II #8 Shock Blast hits Shadowfiend #22 for 20000 Nature. #512506
1:52'01.885 VX-001 #7 P3Wx2 Laser Barrage hits Padmakali for 15520 Arcane. (4000 Resisted) #512529
1:52'02.260 VX-001 #7 P3Wx2 Laser Barrage hits Padmakali for 17460 Arcane. (2000 Resisted) #512562

I'm not completely failing at reading WWS am I? Was doing an ability search looking for "P3Wx2 Laser Barrage" or "Shock Blast" so I could find where they overlapped. :\
Serelynn

Postby Seloei » Wed May 06, 2009 12:01 am

Belloc wrote:
Serelynn wrote:It's laser barrage during a shock blast that is a problem, he uses them simultaneously, you run out for shock blast (the tank is immobile while casting it) and the laser barrage starts shooting as you run out. When you run back in, the tank becomes mobile again and the boss freaks out and the middle section spins around the room during the barrage. It's fun.

They hotfixed him a week ago to prevent him from casting both in rapid succession.

They fixed that the first shock barrage doesn't come at the same time as the laser barrage. the 3. laser barrage he does, coincides with a shock blast and laser barrage. You could take it as a mini-soft-enrage, if you don't have a priest to save you on that combo.

As for avoiding his laser barrage, it's quite easy if you know how to strafe circle around the boss. If it's pointed at you at the start run through and keep on just strafe circling him until he stops it. Try not to move, or he might go banzai and wipe out the raid.
Seloei

Postby Passionario » Wed May 06, 2009 6:02 am

Belloc wrote:They hotfixed him a week ago to prevent him from casting both in rapid succession.

Y'know, that what I find annoying about P4 strats.

Everywhere I look (Maintankadin, Tankspot, EJ, Wowwiki, even Wowhead comments), people are discussing methods and strategies for dealing with blast/barrage combo that was supposedly fixed, and saying extremely little on how to deal with the rest of the phase. :(
Passionario

Postby Nalyn » Wed May 06, 2009 7:13 am

Passionario wrote:Y'know, that what I find annoying about P4 strats.

Everywhere I look (Maintankadin, Tankspot, EJ, Wowwiki, even Wowhead comments), people are discussing methods and strategies for dealing with blast/barrage combo that was supposedly fixed, and saying extremely little on how to deal with the rest of the phase. :(

The rest of P4? or the rest of the phases?
Nalyn

Postby Belloc » Wed May 06, 2009 7:33 am

Passionario wrote:
Belloc wrote:They hotfixed him a week ago to prevent him from casting both in rapid succession.

Y'know, that what I find annoying about P4 strats.

Rest of the phase? Spread out, keep your head tank within range, run away from PewPews (preferably counter-clockwise, if you can make it). When PewPew is over, he'll almost always shock blast, so look for mines and then run out. Run back in (especially the tank, ffs), DPS for a while, get the head/body/base to 10% each, be ready to avoid the next PewPew, the next shock blast, kill everything within 10 seconds.

I mean, you've done the first 3 phases... phase 4 is just a few parts of them all at once.
Belloc

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon