Remove Advertisements

[10/25] General Vezax Questions.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] General Vezax Questions.

Postby Aubade » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:08 pm

Our healers/casters were having some problems with Saronite clouds on General Vezax last night, does anyone who's done the fight know if there's a bug with the vapor cloud? our healers weren't getting ANY mana from them, and if they took more than 4 stacks they were getting 1 shot (this was on normal...)

Also, after 35% does the Saronite Animus spawn? or does it only spawn if you're doing hard-mode by not using vapors?
Last edited by Aubade on Fri May 01, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Re: General Vezax Questions.

Postby Splug » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:11 pm

The debuff stacks exponentially. The first tick is 1k, but each subsequent one grows by larger and larger values. I believe 8 on 25 is a 24k pulse, which is lethal. I've heard it's not a 1:1 conversion, so they will notice health dropping much more than mana rising. Our paladins in particular said this was a problem as their mana would barely inch up, and they'd be one stack away from lethal damage. They need to get to about 5 or 6 stacks, step out and reset, then do it again.

The animus is spawned when eight unbroken saronite vapors merge. So if you're killing them to get mana back, you won't be able to spawn it.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:43 pm

Aubade wrote:Our healers/casters were having some problems with Saronite clouds on General Vezax last night, does anyone who's done the fight know if there's a bug with the vapor cloud? our healers weren't getting ANY mana from them, and if they took more than 4 stacks they were getting 1 shot (this was on normal...)

It's my understanding that the clouds will only work on a fixed number of people, I believe that number is 6 but I'm not positive. If more than that number of people are standing in the cloud then not everyone will get it. Prioritize.

I could be wrong, I sat during the fight. But this is what they were saying in vent.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby kram » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:26 pm

a few of our healers noticed some issue with being unable to get stacks from some of the vapors this week
kram

Postby guillex » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:01 pm

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21641

Start naming properly.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Re: [10/25] General Vezax Questions.

Postby Aubade » Fri May 01, 2009 2:40 pm

As an update, (killed boss like a week and a half ago, but forgot to update our findings)

When we were originally having problems with the mana regen we were bursting all of the clouds as soon as they spawned (bad idea). I've read some suggestions that having more than 1 cloud up at a time can cause the bug.

On our kill attempt, we only did 1 at a time when we needed it, and it seemed to work perfectly fine.

Also, the ideal stack# is 5-6 according to our healers.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby cordelia » Fri May 01, 2009 7:15 pm

I've heard shadow crash now hits melee regardless of how many ranged there are... Confirmations?
cordelia

Postby Seloei » Sat May 02, 2009 12:30 am

do you mean 10 man or 25 man?
If theres not enough at ranged then he will hit the melee also, and if your healers/ranged are getting mana back in melee range, look for the fun laz0r green beam healing the boss by 15x5k.

We had the crash on melee during the 10 man, when we only had 3 healers and 2 ranged, with 2 of the healers getting mana back which left 2 at range so he just threw the crash on me.

Not sure what the amount is needed, but i'd guess 5-7 for 25man, and 3+ for 10 man, for him not to cast it on melee? Just a guess but there was a blue post saying that it can target melee if theres not a valid target at range.
Seloei

Postby Joanadark » Sun May 03, 2009 11:37 pm

cordelia wrote:I've heard shadow crash now hits melee regardless of how many ranged there are... Confirmations?

False.

Minimum number of people who must be out of melee range for Mark of the Faceless and Shadow Crash to never be cast at those who are:

10-man: 4
25-man: 7

The debuff stacks exponentially. The first tick is 1k, but each subsequent one grows by larger and larger values. I believe 8 on 25 is a 24k pulse, which is lethal. I've heard it's not a 1:1 conversion, so they will notice health dropping much more than mana rising. Our paladins in particular said this was a problem as their mana would barely inch up, and they'd be one stack away from lethal damage. They need to get to about 5 or 6 stacks, step out and reset, then do it again.

The animus is spawned when eight unbroken saronite vapors merge. So if you're killing them to get mana back, you won't be able to spawn it.

-Splug

-its a 2:1 damage:mana ratio
-you want exactly 6 stacks, then repeat. Not 5. 5 will give you barely 1.5k mana back and you will run oom. 6 stacks will give a little over 3.5k mana back. 7 stacks the damage is barely survivable and should be avoided. You want 6 stacks, twice, from each green puddle, no more, no less.
-Immunity and absorbtion effects on the damage cancel the mana restore. You gain mana back based on the damage you take, so you must take damage.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Joanadark » Wed May 06, 2009 12:40 am

Oh, and totally forgot to respond to the OP.

If pets or DoTs kill the vapor, it sometimes bugs out.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon