[25] Help avoiding Mimiron rockets

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Help avoiding Mimiron rockets

Postby Khabel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:42 pm

We had our first go at Mimiron last night and finally got him down after a lot of attempts. The main problem I had was seeing where his rockets were going to land, especially in Phase 4. With consecration and Death and Decay seeing any sort of ground affect was near on impossible. Is there any way I can tweak my video settings or something to help me spot them?

I was DPS for that phase btw
Khabel

Re: [25] Help avoiding Mimiron rockets

Postby kram » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:26 pm

Khabel wrote:We had our first go at Mimiron last night and finally got him down after a lot of attempts. The main problem I had was seeing where his rockets were going to land, especially in Phase 4. With consecration and Death and Decay seeing any sort of ground affect was near on impossible. Is there any way I can tweak my video settings or something to help me spot them?

I was DPS for that phase btw

Turn off projected textures? you can watch his back and call out right when the launch.
kram

Postby Avengeance » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Keep moving :P use the side of the boss where there isnt 5 melee piled up, or alternatively, look on the back of the body and see when the rockets are launched, then just move out the way if you really cant see the landing circle.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Turning off Projected Textures is the easiest way. You won't see Consecrations or Death and Decay or Desacration, but you will definitively see the rocket "aim".
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby dbags » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:55 pm

You can also see the rockets launch from the "back" of the middle section. This doesn't give you as much time as seeing the mark on the ground, but a second or so. See the rocket launch, move to an empty spot.
Never give an inch.
Bubblefet
Dbagz
dbags

Postby PsiVen » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:00 am

I may be crazy, but I thought the reticule was itself a projected texture (the warning circles on Hodir certainly are). You don't want people habitually turning that off. I agree the easiest way is to watch for a rocket launch and -then- make sure you're not standing in a target.

For p4, apparently you can Baby Spice him to help see. We haven't tried this.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Seloei » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:01 am

I believe bigwigs has a timer for when the rockets are going to launch, the version of deadlybossmods i run doesn't have it and sometimes i end up getting twated by a rocket in p4.
Have a ranged dps call out when a rocket is going up, then just strafe ~5-10 yards away from it, not towards melee and your safe.

It is impossible to see the rocket if you are tanking the base in p4, because he just loves to roll right on you.
Seloei

Postby Avengeance » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:52 am

We tried baby spice once on P4 and it caused more harm than good - his hitbox becomes small and the MT (me) had trouble rotating him to avoid spinning laser (he just kept moving on front of me)
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Oryann » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:13 am

The easiest way is just have one of the tanks who arent doing anything yell, "Rocket Launch!" and have all of the melee run out just to make sure it doesn't hit them.
Oryann

Postby Eanin » Sun May 03, 2009 11:02 am

They're invisible to colorblind people. Maybe you're colorblind.

I've started a suggestion thread here.
Eanin

Postby Amran20 » Sun May 03, 2009 11:54 am

Good suggestion. I'll make sure to not gank you in open world PvP if I happen to see you from now on. :D

I'm not colorblind myself, but I have a couple friends in game that are.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Invisusira » Sun May 03, 2009 11:55 am

I call "rockets out" and then move. In phase 4 it's particularly annoying because the base makes it hard/impossible to see if you're on one, so I just move anyway. If everyone takes a couple steps, noone gets hit.
Invisusira

Postby Panzerdin » Sun May 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Invisusira wrote:I call "rockets out" and then move. In phase 4 it's particularly annoying because the base makes it hard/impossible to see if you're on one, so I just move anyway. If everyone takes a couple steps, noone gets hit.

This is by far the best method.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Venoseth » Mon May 04, 2009 2:07 pm

I, out of habbit, move 5~ yards now every couple of seconds. :o

Has yet to fail me. XD
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Postby Seloei » Tue May 05, 2009 11:20 am

They seemed to have fixed the rocket animation and with spelldetails and the rest at 0, i was able to see the circle on the ground ABOVE his hitbox, quite hard to miss if you are atleast looking at where the boss is and if his doing a rocket strike or not.
Also, they seem to have fixed phase4 so he doesn't hump you like you are tanking the head, but has a hitbox as big as phase1.
Seloei

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon