[10] Iron Council

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Iron Council

Postby Panzerdin » Fri May 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Invisusira wrote:
Belloc wrote:I'll repeat, the chain lightning does not make this mob worth tanking while all there mobs are up. Just heal through it.

And I'll repeat, 10 man or no, that's still bad advice.

It IS bad advice, it's far simpler to get ranged DPS to interrupt him (Earth Shock much?).
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Falibard » Fri May 01, 2009 1:14 pm

Panzerdin wrote:
Invisusira wrote:
Belloc wrote:I'll repeat, the chain lightning does not make this mob worth tanking while all there mobs are up. Just heal through it.

And I'll repeat, 10 man or no, that's still bad advice.

It IS bad advice, it's far simpler to get ranged DPS to interrupt him (Earth Shock much?).

I tanked Rune/Storm on my DK with a resto shaman healer and between the two of us we had Stormcaller pretty much locked down.
Falibard

Postby Panzerdin » Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 pm

The way I see it, it costs you nothing to interrupt him (since they're off the GCD) and nothing to tank him (since you don't need to target him), so why leave him? You can, but it's just an unnecessary complication.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Belarkan » Fri May 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Belloc wrote:His default position is far enough away that no one should ever be worried about the overload (which, I believe, is a 20 yard aoe now). That is assuming that you tank steelbreaker and runecaller near the entrance.

Actually, I have to move while the he casts fusion punch. Most of the time rune spawn at the very same time making the punch + white damage very dangerous and usually killing me (we do it on 10 man, 2 healers).
Also, we do Brundir second.
Belarkan

Postby Morganim » Sat May 02, 2009 1:13 am

We did 10 man steelbreaker last, last night. It wasnt hard at all. Give it a go and be surprised when u beat it within 1hr
Morganim

Postby Amindra » Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am

There is actually a lot of inc damage in this fight on 10 man.

I (tankadin) tanks Steelbreaker and Runemaster in the right side of the room, while our warrior handles the Stormcaller to the left, so he is out of range of the entire raid. Yes, you'll take some heavy dmg while tanking both, but if you make sure to move them out of runes asap and dispell Punch instant, it's very doable.

We run with 3 healers on this fight.
Amindra

Postby Vladogor » Sat May 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Morganim wrote:We did 10 man steelbreaker last, last night. It wasnt hard at all. Give it a go and be surprised when u beat it within 1hr

How long did you manage to stay alive tanking him? Were you soulstoned?

-----

Can anybody confirm whether bubbling through Meltdown works?
Vladogor

Postby kram » Sat May 02, 2009 10:50 pm

Vladogor wrote:How long did you manage to stay alive tanking him? Were you soulstoned?
-----

the debuff lasts 45sec iirc (it may be a full minute). and they hotfixed bubbling and other effects from removing meltdown during the first week
kram

Postby Kishandra » Sat May 02, 2009 10:54 pm

On 10-man meltdown lasts 60 seconds.

Anyone know how much the heal is? We've guessed around 20-25%, not sure if it's affected by mortal strike or something similar.
Kishandra

Postby Oryann » Sun May 03, 2009 12:32 am

Arquine wrote:[10 man]

we tried the hardest mode last night; it's not as hard as it looks until you hit reach p3 Steelbreaker. He cast a debuff which is "always" on your tank; and your raid needs an average of 5.8k DPS (we're still naxx geared though) before he blows off your tank.

Also, anyone dying heals him for 15% of his HP - which is bloody annoying =/

I got this achievement today and everytime someone died he healed to full, im pretty sure it was bugged but we managed to get it anyhow. We killed him then I blew up the entire raid. BTW if you DI someone I don't think you explode.
Oryann

Postby Morganim » Sun May 03, 2009 1:18 am

Vladogor wrote:
Morganim wrote:We did 10 man steelbreaker last, last night. It wasnt hard at all. Give it a go and be surprised when u beat it within 1hr

How long did you manage to stay alive tanking him? Were you soulstoned?

-----

First, Bubbling, Bop, GS, DI all dont remove debuff anymore, theres no way to avoid it.

Debuff lasts 1 minute. I had my druid come over and taunt it so she got the debuff/buff first due to me being the only cleanser in the raid (ret focused on dps).

2 healers easily kept us both up (druid/sham) through steelbreakers damage.

As for dps its really easy, we got steelbreaker to 8% when i taunted (10 seconds left on debuff so druid could gtfo) and then killed him with about 40s left on my own
Morganim

Postby Morganim » Sun May 03, 2009 1:19 am

Kishandra wrote:On 10-man meltdown lasts 60 seconds.

Anyone know how much the heal is? We've guessed around 20-25%, not sure if it's affected by mortal strike or something similar.

Its a 30% heal, effected by aimed shot, ms, wound poison.
Morganim

Postby Ahms » Wed May 06, 2009 8:44 pm

this is how we do it for the easy mode. we just do it with one tank and it goes pretty smooth (we used to do 2 tanks but after it got nerfed one is enough for us). i'll call them small/mid/big cause im lazy

i pull mid and big to door and tank them both. i spam cleanse on myself when i see fusion punch coming. move out of runes etc. we just leave stormcaller where he starts out basically and he just plays with himself in his little corner alone. after big is down one dps just watches and interrupts/stuns lightning whirl from small. last time our feral druid just did it with maim. then just kill mid and then small. since you're all near the door and small is at back the overload is totally outranged
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants

-Ahms of Mannoroth

Art - http://ahms.deviantart.com/
Ahms

Postby Svetlo » Thu May 07, 2009 10:07 am

Finally had a chance to go up against these guys last night in a 10man. Had a warrior tanking small/mid while I tanked fatty. Phase 1 wasn't too much of a problem but the Rune of Death in Phase 2 was just kicking our butts. Does anyone have any additional tips for helping avoid it? Or is it just a matter of everyone not sucking and getting the heck out of it quicky? Is a stacked DPS or spread DPS positioning more preferred? As always, thank you for your input!
Svetlo

Postby Jasari » Thu May 07, 2009 10:11 am

Svetlo wrote:Finally had a chance to go up against these guys last night in a 10man. Had a warrior tanking small/mid while I tanked fatty. Phase 1 wasn't too much of a problem but the Rune of Death in Phase 2 was just kicking our butts. Does anyone have any additional tips for helping avoid it? Or is it just a matter of everyone not sucking and getting the heck out of it quicky? Is a stacked DPS or spread DPS positioning more preferred? As always, thank you for your input!

Spread out just in case a chain lightning gets off. The Rune of Death takes some getting used to because it's much bigger than most bad shit that you have to avoid. But if it's taking you more than five attempts, people need to get their heads out of their asses.
Jasari

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon