General Vezax: Mana issues

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: General Vezax: Mana issues

Postby caerdydd » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:31 am

I'm recording the fight too, so I'll put it on youtube asap if we kill him tonight
caerdydd

Postby Kalakaua » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:25 am

Is 2/2 Spiritual attunement necessary for this boss? I don't want to threat cap all my 6k+ dps rogue friends.
Kalakaua

Postby Flarius » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:12 am

Worst case scenario is you're moving one point from Ardent Defender (completely useless for this fight) to Spiritual Attunement. Doing so won't affect your aggro one bit.
Flarius

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:55 pm

I'd recommend 2/2 SA for this, and once your healers figure out how to rotate through their mana pools I'd recommend switching to your block set; it smoothes out mana dry spells considerably.
baleogthefierce

Postby caerdydd » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:15 pm

Just back from Ulduar. Thanks to patch 3.1.1a, we only had time to put Vezax at 20%.

I tried tonight with this http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... rsion=9806 which is what i always use.

As I said this is the WWS of tonight http://wowwebstats.com/3udfypzsdthg5

With 1/2 AS and BoS, it was ok but I had to change my threat rotation cycle to not use my consecration during couples of cycles.
My threat was a bit lower than it normaly is but my dps were carreful enough.

Hope this could help.
caerdydd

Postby Aubade » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:19 am

hmm, i had no problem on 10M doing this fight with 1/2 SA, and bosanc.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Seloei » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:21 pm

Based on your armor link, im guessing you were using max block value gear, and hence you took more steady damage without big avoidance streaks like the ones who use mainly avoidance gear.
Last week, i was oom with 2/2 SA for 1 minute.
Surge of Darkness, run away... he came back... no mana to use any attacks besides a few bosac hits, and the next surge of darkness, im still oom. Talk about bad / good luck, don't know which applies here more >.>
Seloei

Postby Aubade » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:27 pm

Seloei wrote:Based on your armor link, im guessing you were using max block value gear, and hence you took more steady damage without big avoidance streaks like the ones who use mainly avoidance gear.
Last week, i was oom with 2/2 SA for 1 minute.
Surge of Darkness, run away... he came back... no mana to use any attacks besides a few bosac hits, and the next surge of darkness, im still oom. Talk about bad / good luck, don't know which applies here more >.>

Me?
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Suplicium » Fri May 01, 2009 7:05 am

Suplicium

Postby Sabindeus » Fri May 01, 2009 8:38 am

Ok so having done this myself (Vezax 10), I did have to go respec 1 point from crusade into SA

Things that can affect this:
1. I had to run Kings instead of Sanct at some point due to losing our second paladin.
2. One of my healers is a Disc Priest, so I was getting huge absorbs from her stuff and small absorbs from Sacred Shield.

Those might be why everyone's mileage is varying.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Snippy » Fri May 01, 2009 10:36 am

I went in as Ret into this fight and I was using Salv on other DPS every time it was up. Definately NEED to work that into a rotation if there aren't alot of other paladins you run with. (never on myself however... *hugs ret blues*)

Mana was strange though... even as ret I'd get down to 50% and then all the sudden... full...

Based on other comments .. jumping if melee miss an interrupt to avoid the debuff... it seems that the fight is bugged to an extent. At one point the bosses health didn't reset after a wipe either. There were just strange things about that fight. I'd expect a fix one way or the other. At this point though, my guild won't be tossing a paladin in to tank.
Steph - 80 Paladin
<Infernal Regions>
Server: Lothar
www.wowgirlsgonewild.com
Snippy

Postby Dem » Sat May 02, 2009 3:05 pm

I tanked Vezax today in 10 and Mana wasn't a big problem. I have dual prot spec so without tanking it, I have no utility at all in this fight.

Divine Plea did seem to work. Used consecration initially and dropped it whenever mana became tight. JoW.
Caster DPS waited until the shadow patches were up to maximise their mana vs dps. This gives the tank a chance to build some good aggro initially. Spec was Prot/Holy standard with Improved LoH and 2 in SA. Threat was fine with Mage/lock using their threat drops and the odd salv.

Tried running out when he gets Surge of Darkness but the boot enchant doesn't seem good enough to always get away without getting hit in the back, even tanking at max range and moving immediately on the cast. Ended up just staying in and taking the hits. To make running consistent I'd want Pursuit of Justice I think.

We didn't have much in the way of CD's from other classes to mitigate the damage and he does hit hard so the rotation used for Surge was Bubble Wall, JC trinket + Ignis Trinket (700+ dodge), Bubble Wall etc. Improved Lay on Hands if things look dodgy or at the end anyway. Armor pots.
Geared for standard MT duty - stam & avoidance. He's hitting hard enough that block isn't that much help.

This might not be the best way to do it, but it worked. He was hitting for up to 35k on Surge so staying in on 25 probably won't work although there'll be more in the way of other CD's to use.

Improved HoJ could be useful here if you're short of interrupts as a missed Searing Flames is usually a wipe.

Our healers were reporting not getting any mana back from the saronite patches sometimes.

Fun fight though, really enjoying all the Ulduar fights although we pretty much one shotted everything up to Vezax in 10 today. Yogg doesn't actually look that tough, expect to see him down shortly.
Dem

Postby Sabindeus » Sat May 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Dem wrote:I tanked Vezax today in 10 and Mana wasn't a big problem. I have dual prot spec so without tanking it, I have no utility at all in this fight.

Divine Plea did seem to work. Used consecration initially and dropped it whenever mana became tight. JoW.
Caster DPS waited until the shadow patches were up to maximise their mana vs dps. This gives the tank a chance to build some good aggro initially. Spec was Prot/Holy standard with Improved LoH and 2 in SA. Threat was fine with Mage/lock using their threat drops and the odd salv.

Tried running out when he gets Surge of Darkness but the boot enchant doesn't seem good enough to always get away without getting hit in the back, even tanking at max range and moving immediately on the cast. Ended up just staying in and taking the hits. To make running consistent I'd want Pursuit of Justice I think.

We didn't have much in the way of CD's from other classes to mitigate the damage and he does hit hard so the rotation used for Surge was Bubble Wall, JC trinket + Ignis Trinket (700+ dodge), Bubble Wall etc. Improved Lay on Hands if things look dodgy or at the end anyway. Armor pots.
Geared for standard MT duty - stam & avoidance. He's hitting hard enough that block isn't that much help.

This might not be the best way to do it, but it worked. He was hitting for up to 35k on Surge so staying in on 25 probably won't work although there'll be more in the way of other CD's to use.

Improved HoJ could be useful here if you're short of interrupts as a missed Searing Flames is usually a wipe.

Our healers were reporting not getting any mana back from the saronite patches sometimes.

Fun fight though, really enjoying all the Ulduar fights although we pretty much one shotted everything up to Vezax in 10 today. Yogg doesn't actually look that tough, expect to see him down shortly.

Divine Plea definitely does not work. Judgement of Wisdom also definitely does not work.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Invisusira » Sat May 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Judgments of the Wise, Spiritual Attunement, Aspect of the Viper, and Shamanistic Rage. That's it.
Invisusira

Postby Meloree » Sat May 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Improved Stormstrike, Lifebloom bloom.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon