Remove Advertisements

[10] Mimiron P4

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Mimiron P4

Postby Amenian » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:31 pm

I tank the bottom portion of Mimiron on P4 and am having some difficulties with his Arcane Barrage. It doesn't matter how small my movements are to get behind him when he uses this ability, I always end up with him moving all over the place and wiping the raid due to the Arcane Barrage. Does anybody have any tips on how to tank this phase and still keep him centered when reacting to this ability?

Also, any tips on how to not get swallowed up by the graphics of him and be unable to see when you're the rocket target?
Amenian

Re: [10] Mimiron P4

Postby Chunes » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:11 pm

No advice on the first issue. My 10man just learned that they need to pay attention to where he's facing when he starts a barrage because there's a chance i'll have to dance around him.

with regard to the second issue, our extremely ghetto work-around was to just throw baby spice on the bottom portion of the boss.

honestly, blizz should implement a fix for this at some point. Until then though, just be sure someone in the group is capable of baby spicing.

if this is not viable (i.e. your spicer dies), then just kite him in a very tight circle. You'll be able to see the graphic on the ground as you walk out of it, just make sure your melee are smart enough to not wander *into* a patch you have left on the ground.
Chunes

Postby Panzerdin » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:21 pm

For the first one, you can either move outside of the arc this ability will cover while it's casting, or have an offtank in such a safe zone taunt off you (potentially risky). Failing that, just chain CDs and don't move.

You can also move around it, and if you manage to follow a perfect arc, then you won't cause it to spazz out.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Belloc » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Tips I have heard are to strafe in a circle without moving forward or backward. Tips that I know work: Blow shield wall and Guardian Spirit if you have it. Use any survival cooldowns available.

And hope that they fix the heat wave bug.
Belloc

Postby Salamandra » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:56 pm

Panzerdin wrote:For the first one, you can either move outside of the arc this ability will cover while it's casting, or have an offtank in such a safe zone taunt off you (potentially risky). Failing that, just chain CDs and don't move.

You can also move around it, and if you manage to follow a perfect arc, then you won't cause it to spazz out.

Arcane Barrage does 80k spellfire damage per second. No cooldowns will work.
Salamandra

Postby randomjibberish » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:17 pm

During P4, I tanked the bottom section by strafing in a circle. I'd tap strafe every 5-7 seconds just to check if theres something red glowing under me. It worked really well for the laser barrages as well. I was able to stay outside the laser barrage without causing mimiron to go psycho.
randomjibberish

Postby Joanadark » Sun May 03, 2009 11:41 pm

Have someone tank the middle section.
If the person who is top on threat from the middle section at any point dies, the middle will freak out the next time he spins up, and swivel all over the place.
If you have a designated person tank the middle and recieve specific attention from healers, he should remain facing the same side of the room no matter how you move the bottom portion when he is spinning up. A ret paladin throwing up Righteous Fury works well for this.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Panzerdin » Mon May 04, 2009 1:33 am

Salamandra wrote:
Panzerdin wrote:For the first one, you can either move outside of the arc this ability will cover while it's casting, or have an offtank in such a safe zone taunt off you (potentially risky). Failing that, just chain CDs and don't move.

Arcane Barrage does 80k spellfire damage per second. No cooldowns will work.

I beg to differ. Bubblewall and Pain Suppression/HoS/GS/any other external survivability cooldown, followed by your other tank taunting off of you and Shieldwalling/you HoSing and Bubble/DGing and it's eminently survivable.
Panzerdin

Postby Salamandra » Mon May 04, 2009 6:33 am

Panzerdin wrote:I beg to differ. Bubblewall and Pain Suppression/HoS/GS/any other external survivability cooldown, followed by your other tank taunting off of you and Shieldwalling/you HoSing and Bubble/DGing and it's eminently survivable.

It's not really what you said though, which was "chain" cooldowns. That suggests you use one, then another, then another. Even with both Bubblewall and Pain Suppression when being hit by it you'll take 24k damage a second in a 10-man raid. With another cooldown ontop of that, yeah, you'll probably survive with healers spamming you, but it's hardly a good solution.

Also... you have 2 tanks for Mimiron? Why?
Salamandra

Postby Panzerdin » Mon May 04, 2009 6:48 am

I don't, I'm simply telling people how to manage it if they choose to stand there and eat laser.
Panzerdin

Postby inthedrops » Mon May 04, 2009 6:56 am

Regarding the two tank thing. In P4 anything wearing plate can tank for a while and live. So the whole "taunt" 180 on other side if lazer barrage will make MT move isn't too scary.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Blar » Mon May 04, 2009 7:01 am

One of the dps in my group used Babyspice ( I believe that is what it is called) on the bottom portion which allowed the melee to see the inner circle area better for rockets and allowed me to easily adjust during the arcane barrage.
Blar

Postby Corpsicle » Mon May 04, 2009 9:43 am

Salamandra wrote:Also... you have 2 tanks for Mimiron? Why?

On our first 10 man kill we had a lot of problems with either a tank dying due to lag in phase 1 or to assualt bots in phase 3 (when there were more than 1 up). We found that we added a lot to our survivability as a whole by using 2 tanks and 3 healers. The 2nd tank is there to taunt the boss in Phase 1 if any point the MT looks to go down to Plasma, allowing healers to just deal with Plasma and not worry about additional melee hits. During phase 2, having the 3rd healer kept one or both of our other healers from getting splatted. Phase 3 was easy with 2 tanks picking things up and splitting the assault bots between them. (Yes, we don't have a kiter and have to tank them). We just assigned a healer to each tank and the third to the Aerial Unit tank (affliction warlock). Phase 4 we had the OT taunt to keep the body still so the MT could run out because we invariably ran into massive bugs if we didn't.

After a few weeks, and some bug fixes, I could see doing this fight with 1 tank and 2 healers. Doing it with more just simplifies it a bit for progression.
Corpsicle

Postby Belloc » Mon May 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Blar wrote:One of the dps in my group used Babyspice ( I believe that is what it is called) on the bottom portion which allowed the melee to see the inner circle area better for rockets and allowed me to easily adjust during the arcane barrage.
This will often get your melee killed by the pew pew barrage, since the melee have to be closer to DPS. The barrage effect is from the middle of the boss, which the melee will have to be hugging in order to dps the tank.

Not always a good idea.
Belloc

Postby Tiranknight » Mon May 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Salamandra wrote:
Panzerdin wrote:
Also... you have 2 tanks for Mimiron? Why?

We use 2 tanks for Mimiron (10)

Warrior specced into Imp. Spell Reflect to tank the Chopper in Phase 3, and I tank everything else Assault bots, and junk bots, he'll pick up any loose junk bots when I have 10 or more mobs on me and miss a stray junk bot. He tanks Phase 1, and I off-heal, Hand of Sacrifice Plasma Blasts.

works quite well... maybe some time when we get better on this fight I'll go Ret for it.
Tiranknight

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon