[25] Patchwerk...post 3.1

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Patchwerk...post 3.1

Postby Taragor » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:13 am

Ok we were farming this guy as guild, now he is annihilating us to say the least. We dont even get anywhere close to his enrage phase, it seems the fight lasts no more than 1 minute, perhaps two. I have even better gear than when we farmed him....def is 548, and im at 105.6% avoid (way over). Raid buffed im at 36k health, other tanks are a dk who is comparable with my gear, and the bear tank is just around 40k. Healers are usually able to keep up, like I said this is farm boss. What the heck did he get some type of super upgrade in patch 3.1.1?????

Any help appreciated.

I am at work, so i cant link armory but you can search me if you please, although I think link is broken as its not showing all my stamina correct.

Taragor (of Anivilmar)
Taragor

Re: [25] Patchwerk...post 3.1

Postby Dracora » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:49 pm

I've not had any problems. I pug Naxx 25 now that my guild no longer does it. We wiped a few times on Patch only due to the fact that the healers weren't prepared. After that, no real concern than before.
"Those who are strong have to be right."
~ Wufei Chang
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Dracora
Dracora

Postby Belloc » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:25 am

It's the same fight as it has been since WotLK launched. Nothing has changed.

On a somewhat related topic, I need to attempt patchwerk with less than 540 defense, soon. I'm almost positive that he is incapable of critting. I know that his hatefuls cannot crit, which leads me to believe that his normal attacks cannot crit.
Belloc

Postby Jasari » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:28 am

I also heard Onyxia deep breaths more
Jasari

Postby Panzerdin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:26 pm

Don't worry, you can kite her to Vael's room now.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Eizieki » Fri May 01, 2009 11:07 am

Same thing happened to me the other night. We've had him on farm for months, Naxx 25 easily completed every time.

Raidbuffed I top 40k HP, 570ish def, 23%ish for dodge, about 19% for parry and block. HS soakers about the same.

So we were a little suprised when he completely murdered us twice. Third time we had to have more people than normal healing, and that time we managed it.

We also noticed loads of buggy stuff going on throughout the whole instance that night, so I think things have been messed around.
Adventures into sleep deprivation.

Eizieki

Postby Synagain » Fri May 01, 2009 12:58 pm

We did it for the first time last night since 3.1 -- seemed easier if anything, downed him about 2:50 and I was taking hatefuls which weren't very painful at all.
Tichondrius Elite
Synagain - 80 DK Unholy/Blood Tank
Synergist - Rogue
Synagain

Postby Riposte » Sun May 03, 2009 12:09 am

Did it last night with a pug, and got it on our second attempt. It didn't really seem harder than pre-3.1, maybe a little easier. The first attempt only had 4 healers, and none were very well geared. We switched off some dual-specs and had no real trouble the second time around. I got stuck healing, which sucked, but I still got Hero's Surrender :)
Riposte

Postby Malthrax » Wed May 06, 2009 8:17 am

Ugh.. we STLL have problems with this fight - mainly with the healers being incapable of keeping the off-tanks alive without a sh*tload of luck. Last night, we lost both OTs in the first 40 seconds, then lost all the melee, managed to b-rez the OTs, and pull through a 1-shot, but it was a skin-of-your-teeth victory.

I don't understand it... two solid warriors soaking hatefuls, one paladin healing each warrior with bacon on the other, two resto druids hotting and whatnot, and a resto shammy chain healing his brains out (also had a holy priest dedicated to me, as MT). So, five well geared (mostly naxx-25 gear, some naxx-10 pieces) healers are unable to keep these two warriors from faceplanting.

For holy'dins - aren't they just supposed to spam Holy Light non-stop on their target, only stopping to refresh Bacon on the other OT? Or is there a point in weaving Flash and Holy Shocks into the mix?

http://wowwebstats.com/fqa4mvk3cae4y?s=223348-258810 if anyone feels like peeking.

In looking at the WWS, the OTs are dodging/parrying hatefuls like nobody's business... I see is a distinct lack of healing during the first 20-30 seconds of the fight, which is bad IMO, especially since I've told these guys countless times to spam heal their target and don't stop under any circumstance.

*sigh*
Malthrax

Postby Belloc » Wed May 06, 2009 10:21 am

We used our trials and offspec tanks on Monday. No problems.

This boss will always be a gear and healing coordination check. If you've stopped doing him, you might forget how to assign healers on it.
Belloc

Postby Panzerdin » Wed May 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Malthrax wrote:Ugh.. we STLL have problems with this fight - mainly with the healers being incapable of keeping the off-tanks alive without a sh*tload of luck. Last night, we lost both OTs in the first 40 seconds, then lost all the melee, managed to b-rez the OTs, and pull through a 1-shot, but it was a skin-of-your-teeth victory.

I don't understand it... two solid warriors soaking hatefuls, one paladin healing each warrior with bacon on the other, two resto druids hotting and whatnot, and a resto shammy chain healing his brains out (also had a holy priest dedicated to me, as MT). So, five well geared (mostly naxx-25 gear, some naxx-10 pieces) healers are unable to keep these two warriors from faceplanting.

For holy'dins - aren't they just supposed to spam Holy Light non-stop on their target, only stopping to refresh Bacon on the other OT? Or is there a point in weaving Flash and Holy Shocks into the mix?

http://wowwebstats.com/fqa4mvk3cae4y?s=223348-258810 if anyone feels like peeking.

In looking at the WWS, the OTs are dodging/parrying hatefuls like nobody's business... I see is a distinct lack of healing during the first 20-30 seconds of the fight, which is bad IMO, especially since I've told these guys countless times to spam heal their target and don't stop under any circumstance.

*sigh*

They aren't casting Holy Light nearly enough. Even with no haste, they should be managing 100 Holy Lights, and neither was above 50, which is frankly bollocks. Counting in haste, and either your WWS is wrong or your Paladin healers are terrible.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Gungne » Thu May 07, 2009 4:00 am

Malthrax wrote:I don't understand it... two solid warriors soaking hatefuls, one paladin healing each warrior with bacon on the other, two resto druids hotting and whatnot, and a resto shammy chain healing his brains out (also had a holy priest dedicated to me, as MT). So, five well geared (mostly naxx-25 gear, some naxx-10 pieces) healers are unable to keep these two warriors from faceplanting.

Mmmmm... Bacon
Gungne

Postby Malthrax » Thu May 07, 2009 1:02 pm

Panzerdin wrote: They aren't casting Holy Light nearly enough. Even with no haste, they should be managing 100 Holy Lights, and neither was above 50, which is frankly bollocks. Counting in haste, and either your WWS is wrong or your Paladin healers are terrible.

So, is it your opinion that, on this fight in a MT/2xOT config with 2 holy paladins, that the holy paladins should be pretty much doing NOTHING BUT casting Holy Light on their healing assignments? If so, I'll let them both know for next time that "people with far more experience than thou have said holylightspamFTW so quit wasting time on the small heals".
Malthrax

Postby amh » Fri May 08, 2009 3:49 am

You pretty much have to on Patchwerk, Malthrax. I don´t think you can do enough hps with FoL-spam.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Dingot0m » Fri May 08, 2009 3:50 pm

Belloc wrote:It's the same fight as it has been since WotLK launched. Nothing has changed.

On a somewhat related topic, I need to attempt patchwerk with less than 540 defense, soon. I'm almost positive that he is incapable of critting. I know that his hatefuls cannot crit, which leads me to believe that his normal attacks cannot crit.

I don't know if I'm missing something, but how are those two in any way connected? Why should Patch be incapable of scoring a crit with normal attacks, just because HS can't crit? Yellow attacks haven't been able to crit for years, think that was changed in a 1.0x-patch. Maybe you meant something else and I'm just hugely misunderstanding where you're going with this..
Dingot0m
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon