Remove Advertisements

[10] Anub changes?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Wolvar » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:03 pm

Is he running on the outside of the green slime? If you run on the inside path, he'll keep up with you.
Wolvar

Postby Velorian » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:32 pm

Wolvar wrote:Is he running on the outside of the green slime? If you run on the inside path, he'll keep up with you.

I never saw him run with me at all. Once I got to the other side, I look up and he's cutting through the center of the room to my new position.
Velorian

Postby Arees » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:28 pm

Velorian wrote:
Wolvar wrote:Is he running on the outside of the green slime? If you run on the inside path, he'll keep up with you.

I never saw him run with me at all. Once I got to the other side, I look up and he's cutting through the center of the room to my new position.

I've had this happen to me as well. I usually start running when his cast bar is about halfway and I usually get a tick or two on me at first but then outrun him after that. It not anything that my healers cant easily handle.
Arees

Postby daemonym » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:09 pm

Velorian wrote:

happened to me the other night. then after the incoming wipe i hear 'wtf did you do that for?' and of course i'm all '...wat.' fail lag is fail.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Re: [10] Anub changes?

Postby Fenrir » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Necro'ing this again >< sorry - I'm just noticing a massive change

I've actually seriously noticed what I think to be a run speed change in 3.1, while I don't know if he really had a debuff noting the 40% run speed, it's now removed and I'm getting as many as 8 ticks of locust swarm without PoJ, while I agree PoJ helps in this; it shouldn't be mandatory to have speed increases when he has 40% run speed.. I was seriously at a loss tonight running it.

A few things I was doing on the fight:
Going 10 seconds early (working initially, then it seemed like he cut around)
popping Divine Shield then /cancelaura (worked fine, removed Swarm, but then wiped on the 2nd swarm)
Going on the outside/inside of circle (didn't really make a difference) but most of my attempts were outside
outside close to the slime
Fenrir

Postby Kelaan » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:56 am

Condider eating the swarm. There's lots you (and others) can do to limit the healing load.

- Divine Protection lasts through all but the last 5-ish seconds (more if you noob it up like I do and cast it early).
- Sacred Shield
- Someone else can Bubble+Divine sacrifice.
- Someone else can Bubble+HoSac
- Pain suppression
- Wings

We've always used the just eat it strategy, though our healers have always been well-geared. It's simpler, and prevents worries about healers standing in bad spots while you kite.
Kelaan

Postby BubbaBill » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Question on insect swarm. Anybody know if Aura Mastery will cancel out the silence effect?
BubbaBill

Postby Arees » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:19 pm

BubbaBill wrote:Question on insect swarm. Anybody know if Aura Mastery will cancel out the silence effect?

I doubt it because its not a silence. It effects all abilities.
Arees

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon