Remove Advertisements

Bear Boss Trash

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bear Boss Trash

Postby jere » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:34 pm

The immediate trash isn't much of an issue, however, we were having troubles with the bear riding adds. I took one and the prot warrior took the other, but towards the end we seemed to be taking too much damage for the healers to keep up. I know they toss that debuff on you that increases damage taken, but I would imagine it is supposed to be in the realm of what healers can keep up with. They were able to keep us up on the bear boss just fine, but it seemed like these adds were a crap shoot.

My gear should be at an appropriate level for ZA with stuff from Kara/Gruul/Mag, and our prot warrior was having the same issues as me.

Is there some trick to the bear riders that make them more trivial? The debuff isn't cleansable to my knowledge. If there was only one it wouldn't be a problem as we could taunt off each other when the debuff hits, but there are two at a time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
jere

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:39 am

The trouble on bear riders is this: they have a shout (buff) that increases damage done by 50%, and another shout (debuff) that increases damage taken by 25%.

We tank the 2 bear riders far away from each other, and still take huge spike damages, but nothing compared to what happens if you tank them near each others and let the buff/debuff stacking 2 times each.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:39 am

Yup, as Worldie said, tank them away from each other and it should go much better for you.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:10 am

Well, in general we were keeping them far apart (though we tried bringing them close a couple of times to see the difference), but what happened is one of us would die from the damage buff, even spread apart. Usually it was the prot warrior, but I died first a couple of times.

We basically got the trash down through luck (strings of dodges and parries) as the healers couldn't keep up.

I guess I was under the impression that ZA was the step after kara (at least according to some blue posts), but it seems like you need late SSC/TK or perhaps BT/MH level gear to do this.

We started with 3 of our best healers (probably too many healers, but it was our first time so we erred on the side of safety for learning purposes), but we simply couldn't consistantly survive the bear riders (everything else seemed fine).
jere

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:20 am

I don't really see how to do ZA with less than 3 healers. The bear riders just HURT, they should be prepared for that and zergheal both the tanks.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:42 am

Worldie wrote:I don't really see how to do ZA with less than 3 healers. The bear riders just HURT, they should be prepared for that and zergheal both the tanks.

Sweet, so we got the number of healers right then!! That makes me happy.
jere

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:56 am

I found that the perfect setup for ZA is:
2 tanks (no, dps warriors won't work)
3 healers
3 ranged dps (at least 1 mage and possibly 1 warlock)
2 melee dps (druid strongly preferred, backup tank is good)

Worldie
Global Mod

We found out something last night in ZA

Postby Badmoon » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:56 pm

Traquil(sp) shot from a hunter significantly will reduce the DPS of the bears, also make sure you tank them far apart with the healers in the middle.

Also once the riders dismount you can have a warlock fear or a mage CC the bear while you kill the rider, just make sure your cons is down before they do.
Badmoon

Re: We found out something last night in ZA

Postby jere » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:07 am

Badmoon wrote:Traquil(sp) shot from a hunter significantly will reduce the DPS of the bears, also make sure you tank them far apart with the healers in the middle.

Also once the riders dismount you can have a warlock fear or a mage CC the bear while you kill the rider, just make sure your cons is down before they do.

I asked the hunter in our group about this, and he said tranq only removes a frenzied state. Does it also reduce base damage as well?
jere

Postby Lansky » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:27 am

Tranq will lower the damage of any mob that frenzies/enrages that blizzard codes tranq to remove heh. I'd be a little surprised if they were still coding mobs that abilities tranq helped with.

Had my first forray into ZA the other night and saw a small group of mob and 2 bears. Figured I'll tank this no problem. A minor heart attack later after being healed back up from about 230 health we determined that I should let the druid with us tank a bear as well... and we were doing this with all mains in mostly T6 and other best in slot gear. Without proper mob separation I could easily see these things eating tanks of all gear levels very quickly.
Lansky

Postby Badmoon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:02 am

The bears enrage, and the shot works on them. Traquil(sp) shot is in the same catagory as spell steal. It can be really useful on a rare occasion but not really needed.

Now I could be wrong since I am not or have never played a hunter but the hunter in our group said it was working. And we noticed a difference in the healing/damage.
Badmoon

Postby honorshammer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:12 am

Those bears destoryed me like nothing else has recently.

5k Cleave, 5k normals. I'd try to pop the Dawnstone Crab whenever I got shrunk.

The 4 packs with 2 Bear Riders, the Shaman with the Invinceability Totem, and one other mob were just brutal.
honorshammer

Postby Melathys » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:21 am

Honorshammer wrote:Those bears destoryed me like nothing else has recently.

The 4 packs with 2 Bear Riders, the Shaman with the Invinceability Totem, and one other mob were just brutal.

that was the pull that stopped us. Healers trying to say we were going down too fast...but when grim report shows 8+ hits with only one heal (or 13+ hits and two heals if you add both tanks up before they die), something else is going on. oh how I love grimreaper, lol.
Melathys

Postby honorshammer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:17 am

Melathys wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:Those bears destoryed me like nothing else has recently.

that was the pull that stopped us. Healers trying to say we were going down too fast...but when grim report shows 8+ hits with only one heal (or 13+ hits and two heals if you add both tanks up before they die), something else is going on. oh how I love grimreaper, lol.

What we ended up doing was this

Me on one Bear Rider
Prot Warrior on the Shaman
Trap/Sheep the other add
Have the 2nd Bear Rider misdirected to a travel form druid at the bottom the stairs.

The Warrior spell reflect the Shamans Lightbolts and goes to town on the invincibility totem when it spawns.

I tank the Bear Rider. Healers heal through the first Demo Roar, I pop Dawnstone Crab for the 2nd. Consecrate catces the Bear when the Rider dismounts, or RD.

The first Bear Rider was down just as our Druid was coming back. I taunted off and tanked the 2nd Bear Rider. The Crab was on cooldown so I got owned by the 2nd rider. The Druid picked him up long enough for DPS to finish him. Our Warlock soloed the final add down with Chain Fear + DoTs.

The actual Boss fight seemed a bit anticlimatic after that pull.
honorshammer

Postby Melathys » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:46 am

interesting idea with the druid kiting.
Melathys

Next

Return to Zul'aman