[10] Sartharion with 3 drakes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Sartharion with 3 drakes

Postby guillex » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Bumping this thread for any future discussion pertaining to the viability of warriors/pallies post 3.1.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby majiben » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:36 pm

If you're using the burn method then I can speak from personal experience and say a paladin can tank it fine in 3.0
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Strom » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:34 pm

Yup. Paladins are fully capable using the burn method ;)

We just did it tonight. I did 3.6k DPS on the kill. On an earlier attempt I did 4.7k DPS... but it was a perfect storm with greatness and mirror procs during heroism with wings up lol
Strom

Postby Zoltar » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:30 pm

Few of my guildies want to try the burn method on 3D. Their plan is to stack a 3.5-4K melee grp with me as the tank and one healer. So 8 DPS, one tank & one healer. I think they have the DPS for it just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for how to spec/gear for it. I have a few sets to choose from and am a JC/BS so stam is reasonably high. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Zoltar

Postby knaughty » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:20 pm

Wear TPS gear.

Damage taken is minimal, but the Raid DPS requirement is fairly brutal. At 45? seconds, he goes immune
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby majiben » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:03 pm

81-86 seconds is when he goes immune (spawn time on disciple varies). 45 seconds is when tenebron lands.
majiben

Postby Belloc » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Zoltar wrote:Few of my guildies want to try the burn method on 3D. Their plan is to stack a 3.5-4K melee grp with me as the tank and one healer. So 8 DPS, one tank & one healer. I think they have the DPS for it just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for how to spec/gear for it. I have a few sets to choose from and am a JC/BS so stam is reasonably high. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You'll need about 4.5k dps from everyone if you want to realistically pull it off. Get all of your melee buffs going :P

Believe me, it's not fun to see Sarth go immune at 11%... or 12% on an attempt without heroism. Best of luck.
Belloc

Postby Zoltar » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:47 am

The DPS group is going to be 3 DKs (one of each spec), Mutilate rogue, ret paladin & 3 warriors all in 25 man gear and very good players. Healer will be a resto shaman.

Knaughty, when you say use TPS gear how much Stam can I afford to sacrifice for more TPS? I have the Darkmoon card and a lot of block/str gear but I am worried I may compromise my stam too much. In my boss tanking kit I have 30.8K HP unbuffed. I could always swap out Monarch crab for the DM card but I would be losing about 1.5K HP. ALso, what would you suggest would be the highest TPS spec for this encounter?
Zoltar

Postby Strom » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:47 am

To give you an idea here was my stats unbuffed:

~27,100 health
540 def
~49% avoidance
~1300 block value

now the important part-
3030 AP
22% crit

I spec for 5/5 reck, and put 20 in ret with emphesis on crit since its a short fight (hoping for some luck). I also used Broken Promise with Righteousness over Last Laugh due to Reckoning.

On many of our tries (and even kill I believe) I had about a 45% uptime on heroism, 35% uptime on greatness, 30% uptime on reckoning (yeah its nice here with the adds), and 25% uptime of mirror of truth.

Your DPS matters more than your survivability. I usually popped DP shortly after Tenebron is aquired to help the healer and he is taunted off of me not long after it expires.

EDIT:

Also its 30 sec mark when Tenebron lands, then 75 sec mark when Shadron lands. The disciple spawns anywhere from ~8-12 sec after that. So you have roughly 83-87 seconds before he goes immune.
Strom

Postby Belloc » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:03 pm

Stamina does matter, especially for double breaths. Double breaths are about the only thing that will kill the tank, assuming the healer is doing their job.

So, if you can survive a double breath with a little room for a melee hit, you're fine.
Belloc

Postby knaughty » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:08 am

Belloc wrote:Believe me, it's not fun to see Sarth go immune at 11%... or 12% on an attempt without heroism. Best of luck.

Multiple wipes on 1% and 0% are worse.

The "3k health left" wipe was the most annoying.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby majiben » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:33 am

I have a friend who saw a 91 hp PW progression wipe. And people laugh when I always demand thorns before the pull. :-P
majiben

Postby inthedrops » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:10 pm

I tanked this using the zerg method (heck video here if you want to watch it) and I was really surprised that threat wasn't a problem for anyone. I kept asking after the first wipe attempts if I was fine and there simply weren't any problems. I wore what I would consider a balanced set; threat/stam/avoidance in equal amounts. I had two ToT in the WWS from the rogue. One on the pull. Not sure when the other came. Also, my HoR resisted on the drake in the video hence me trying to run in for quick ShoR. As you can see in the vid, I was far from optimal in my rotations and messed them up plenty. Also had a few seconds targeting the drake doing no threat on sarth and still no problems.

I think pallies are really good choices based on the gear I wore, my non-perfect performance, and that there were no threat problems.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby toulon » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:13 pm

I'm planning a run with some guildies this weekend, what cooldowns besides Bubblewall are needed? I'm at 41k hp raid buffed before the pull. We're planning protadin (me) tank, priest healer and 8 dps.

Whats the best class for kiting Tenebron? Not sure if we'll have a hunter available. It's going to be a melee heavy group. Thinking 2 rogues/2 arms warriors/ret pally/blood dk/shaman/mage/protadin/priest

Okay so I put on my gear and all, how are these stats?

With Kings/Flask/Food buff
~37,199 health (with fort and Com Shout, add another 4.5kish)
540 def
~49% avoidance (forgot to write it down but I know its usually around 50%)
~1740 block value

now the important part-
2920 AP
12.98% crit

I do about 2.2k DPS in Heroic Ulduar tanking bosses
Last edited by toulon on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toulon

Postby Jasari » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:22 pm

Casters aren't preferred for zerging just because they lose a little more DPS from needing to move than melee classes do.

We use a ret pally to run and taunt tenebron.
Jasari

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon