[Holy-PvE] Holy 10 man Specc help pls.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[Holy-PvE] Holy 10 man Specc help pls.

Postby Crazyknight » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:36 am

I just recently change my second specc to holy to help with raid when we are low on healers and I guess is kinda fun in PVP than being a ''dps'' ret pally but not being able to bring down a healer ...at least they can't bring me down either now :) aaaanyway I don't have a lot of exp with holy and even thought my guildies say I did awesome on some heroics I Can't seem to decide for a good holy specc after we got divinity I think I spend some points wro0ng so any help would be usefull oh and is more for pve idc much about pvp.

this is my current talents points

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... Who+Say+Ni
Crazyknight

Re: Holy 10 man Specc help pls.

Postby ticklefist » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 am

There are a few things you could do to tweek it but overall the spec is not bad by any means and covers all bases quite nicely. It appears to be a PVE spec tho. You said you had an interest in PVP. Are you wanting to spec more towards that or more towards PVE? If PVE I could suggest a couple things, both involving that point in Improved Concentration Aura. You don't need it in PVE really. I also find Aura Mastery to be more of a flavor talent where PVE is concerned. You could keep your point in Aura Mastery while swapping the point in Imp Conc Aura to Blessed Life. I know 4% chance to take half damage doesn't seem like much, and it's not, but the point in that Aura is nothing at all. An alternative to that is to drop the point out of Concentration Aura and Aura Mastery and put both points into Improved Lay on Hands. I would go that route myself. I would also swap the 2 points in Improved Judgment over to Improved Blessing of Might. You just don't need to have Judgment on a shorter cooldown and get to keep your warriors from wasting a GCD on Battleshout if your ret pally's taken the night off.

If you're wanting to go with a more PVP friendly spec that won't break you for PVE, take a look at my armory link below.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Ticklefist
ticklefist

Re: [Holy-PvE] Holy 10 man Specc help pls.

Postby Meliora » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:22 am

Well for PVE I would move a few points around: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxA0gM0s ... xbh:fdwzcM

The reason for this spec is to reduce your C/D from Lay on Hands to 11 minutes giving you a nice Oh Sh*t heal for almost every attempt that can also be used as a semi-innervate if you would rather use it on a caster with low mana. The second change I would suggest is dropping your five points in Divinity and instead picking up Sanctity of Battle for the additional 3% crit and Pursuit of Justice which makes movement fights so much easier on yourself, freeing you up to get a different boot enchant.

For glyphs I suggest for major: Seal of Wisdom, Holy Light, Divinity. Divinity will lead to the larger mana return from Lay On Hands which is always a boost for whomever on mana intensive encounters. Holy Light is nice because of the fact that most of your spells cast are HL which will provide the splash effect. Seal of Wisdom and Seal of Light are both comparable but I prefer Seal of Wisdom combined with my libram to lower mana costs on spells as low as I can.

Good luck with Holy, hope you enjoy it ;)
Meliora

Postby Candiru » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:21 am

Does Aura mastery work on Ignis' flame jets?

If it does, then its well worth the point. Letting you ignore a flame jets interupt every 2min, while you can bubble through a second one and then aura mastery the one after that is pretty amazing for keeping your heals landing on the MT. Its also good on Hodir during frozen blows, and Mirmion to lower the damage from mine explosions if you have to run through them.

Its only 1 point, and it has some nice uses :)
Candiru

Postby Crazyknight » Thu May 14, 2009 7:06 am

Ty very much for the help guys :D
Crazyknight

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes