Remove Advertisements

Karazhan - Prince Malchezaar

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Vanifae » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:33 pm

Daimokuren wrote:Could use a little advice here. Guild's just now got to where we know we can down Curator, and we've tried Shade a couple times. We may try Prince this weekend and if not, then definitely next week. I'm HOPING to get more of the gear I need before then, but it's proven very taxing to farm instances for drops and even to get groups together to do so in the first place so it's been a slow process.

I'm sitting at 10.3k hp unbuffed, and tend to be from 12k-13k buffed in kara depending on group make up and what not. I'm still QUITE crushable with HS up (a bit over 9% according to tankpoints). Judging from Endure's advice here, should I just not even try yet? I don't know what to expect in the fight, but I've started tanking Curator when I didn't think I was ready for that either. Just trying to get some foresight from people that have been there. :)

Is it a completely hopeless kind of thing, or a "Well... If you're lucky and your groups good, you can still pull it off" kind of thing?

Brett

If you are not uncrushable you will die.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Postby Dreamcrusher » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:28 am

Pretty much the same as Vanifae's comment.

I tanked this guy for the second time tonight, and it's still an incredible strain when I'm raidbuffed uncrushable and have 20k armor nearly the whole fight.
<3
Dreamcrusher
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:04 am

Postby Daimokuren » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:55 am

I figured as much, thanks. :) I'll pass it on to guildies and prevent the frustration of a near immediate wipe.

Brett
Daimokuren - 70 Draenei Paly - Balnazzar
Daimokuren
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:00 am

Postby Dreamcrusher » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:57 am

Oh, you'll live through Phase 1 probably...


59% = death tho
<3
Dreamcrusher
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:04 am

Postby Lore » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:42 am

A lot of the problem we have 60%-30% is due to the stupid instant cast bug =\

wtb 2.1 pst
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Jensaarai » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:44 am

Dammit I can't wait to do this guy. wtb 2.1 and a less busy 2 weeks :evil:
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
User avatar
Jensaarai
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Postby Aergis » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:11 pm

Gear makes a huge difference in the fight, especially hp and dodge. Lately I've been tanking him through phase 2 wtih an infernal hitting me at the same time, and hasn't been a problem. We stopped moving to avoid the infernals once we found I could survive it during phase 3, then we tried it during a phase 2, now we dont bother moving at all.

And Jensaarai, you can do it now man, probably even infernal as well. Why waiting till 2.1? And yeah, it helps not to consecrate during phase 2, just in case :lol:
Image
User avatar
Aergis
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:37 pm

Postby Jensaarai » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:16 pm

Well, for the charges and the bug...and unfortunately the rest of my raid group/guild is a little behind me in terms of gear...I was not able to raid at all this past week, and apparently my group didn't get too far (though apparently there was a lack of healers, so eh~).

He will be mine, though. Maybe not for a few weeks while people catch up, etc, but eh.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
User avatar
Jensaarai
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Postby Jensaarai » Sat May 05, 2007 12:29 am

Aergis wrote:Gear makes a huge difference in the fight, especially hp and dodge. Lately I've been tanking him through phase 2 wtih an infernal hitting me at the same time, and hasn't been a problem. We stopped moving to avoid the infernals once we found I could survive it during phase 3, then we tried it during a phase 2, now we dont bother moving at all.

And Jensaarai, you can do it now man, probably even infernal as well. Why waiting till 2.1? And yeah, it helps not to consecrate during phase 2, just in case :lol:


Is your group all ranged dps or something? I know I couldn't stand in a hellfire because when he'd enfeeble my melee dps would bite it.

I got to try my hand at him for the first time tonight...our first attempt ever we got him to 59% (or was it 39%? blanking)...but as I would learn we had very nice infernal positioning for that fight...subsequent fights we kept getting cornered and our melee dps (3) would have nowhere to run. Sometimes the casters had nowhere to run, either.

I had 15.1k with CS, 16k with imp but it kept dying. No flasks...In fact I've never used a flask lol...I still don't have any recipes...but anyway...probably 14.5k armor buffed and 26% dodge...what was really killing us was infernals :/ but sometimes I did get a very unlucky string...like the one time at a low % my frickin' raid dkp mod took a snapshot (it kept taking one every time an infernal died thinking it was netherspite) and it froze me and I took 16k+ worth of crushings in 1.5seconds. That was not cool. Another time he put out a crapload, like four swings, within maybe 1.25 seconds, it was crazy. So I got owned. We did get him to 9% once, though, but our feral druid died around 30-40% and he's a lot of our dps...frickin' nub didn't notice he was enfeebled >.<

My guild warrior is starting to get antsy...maybe I should let him tank it once to show him how it is. I know phase two would rape him....if I didn't have redoubt...>.>

Here's to hoping tomorrow we get better positioning. Anyone have any tips?
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
User avatar
Jensaarai
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Postby Shai » Sat May 05, 2007 3:58 am

There's no magic trick about Prince positioning, but is all about what ifs really. Basically you want to start at a wall somewhere in the middle of a wall and have all your ranged at the middle of the room. If you get an infernal very near you move slightly even if it's not blocking you path directly, make sure you have always somewhere to go even if another infernal drops at the worst possible place. So basically move before you absolutely have to, and know where you are going to move next if an infernal drops at your face.

Also keep in mind where the first infernals dropped, they will depop first and that's where all the space will be at the end of the fight, so try to remember that when choosing where to move. Now, when it starts to get crowded unless you get really bad luck you should have a corner somewhere where you can still be. Also your ranged camp need to learn to look for safe places, if you have a clear spot near the wall sometimes you can stand between two infernals just fine even if it looks like they novas are interlapping. Also don't be afraid to run through infernal if there's a lot of space at the other side, just make sure all your healers don't run at the same time and nobody heals you.

Usually you should get to the end of the fight just fine, but sometimes you seriously get the shittiest luck ever, that can't really be avoided occasionally. Since you got him to 9% once I'd say you have the fight, it's just a matter of how soon you get favorable infernals, since first kill is far more likely if you don't need to run your ass off trying to not be owned. Also even if you don't it's practice for the later times you'll be killing him.
User avatar
Shai
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:11 am

Postby Saladin » Fri May 25, 2007 12:09 am

I've never faced him bfore tonight.. so the patch changed things up a bit.. i am 10.9 khp unbuffed and uncrush.. 25% block tho >.< but my healers rock.. i hit 14k hp fully buffed no flasks ...however the infernals are SOOO GAYYYYY

we got him to 10% on the best try but a healer went down to SW pain of all things >.<

My question is does anyone have any tips on how to move him during the fight or should that not happen.. I cant see jack cept for his huge .. you know.. so when the raid leader says SALLY GO LEFT .. i do and then they say OTHER LEFT >.< .. makes for great laughs but really positioning is a pain

we had 7 attempts tonight.. 2 of which we had him to 15% and 10 % (phase three) the others .. i bit it in phase two while the raid was trying to reposition..

i will take any tips/feedback from anyone whos tried him after the patch
Image
Saladin
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 8:14 am

Postby Kvaern » Fri May 25, 2007 3:35 am

They guy you have on lookout for infernals has to be on the ball and tell you, the tank, exactly where to go because you as you say can't see jackshit yourself.

That's the key to the fight.

You do sound somewhat undergeared though and prepatch I wouldn't have bothered with an 11k unbuffed tank, just too much random in that fight making it an exercise in frustration, but I guess it might be possible now with 8 charges on HS.
Kvaern
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:45 pm

Postby Saladin » Fri May 25, 2007 10:25 am

Yea i dunno what id do without it.. the charges always last till the cooldown on HS is up.. fully buffed without flask or decent food I was oover 14 k.. imma see what I can do to buff that tonight.. aggro was never a problem..
Image
Saladin
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 8:14 am

Postby Jensaarai » Fri May 25, 2007 10:59 am

Kvaern wrote:They guy you have on lookout for infernals has to be on the ball and tell you, the tank, exactly where to go because you as you say can't see jackshit yourself.

That's the key to the fight.

You do sound somewhat undergeared though and prepatch I wouldn't have bothered with an 11k unbuffed tank, just too much random in that fight making it an exercise in frustration, but I guess it might be possible now with 8 charges on HS.


My guild doesn't seem to believe me on this >.< not to mention the fact that they say "move left, left!" and I start moving to my left and they're all "No, our left, your right, right!" /facepalm :D I zoom my camera out as far as I can go and I can still not see anything usually. However, if you put the camera directly behind you sometimes you can see through him...and if you get good at rotating you can find the infernals...I had to make a cross-field dash the other night, mad fun :P
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
User avatar
Jensaarai
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Postby Lore » Fri May 25, 2007 12:24 pm

Jensaarai wrote:
Kvaern wrote:They guy you have on lookout for infernals has to be on the ball and tell you, the tank, exactly where to go because you as you say can't see jackshit yourself.

That's the key to the fight.

You do sound somewhat undergeared though and prepatch I wouldn't have bothered with an 11k unbuffed tank, just too much random in that fight making it an exercise in frustration, but I guess it might be possible now with 8 charges on HS.


My guild doesn't seem to believe me on this >.< not to mention the fact that they say "move left, left!" and I start moving to my left and they're all "No, our left, your right, right!" /facepalm :D I zoom my camera out as far as I can go and I can still not see anything usually. However, if you put the camera directly behind you sometimes you can see through him...and if you get good at rotating you can find the infernals...I had to make a cross-field dash the other night, mad fun :P


I've gotten pretty good at positioning myself so that his Shadow Nova moves me where I need to be :P It's a ton of fun.

And yeah, fortunately our guys usually call out which direction I need to go so it's not too tough. Can't see crap while tanking him.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests