Remove Advertisements

[10] Iron Council

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Iron Council

Postby Invisusira » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Belloc wrote:Don't tank the stormcaller. Seriously. He'll spend the entire first part of the fight just casting chain lightnings that deal piddly damage.

For our first pull, I went prot and hung back with him... but it became immediately clear that it was completely unnecessary. Subsequent pulls involved the Steelbreaker tank (another paladin) running back there and using Avenger's Shield and Hammer of Justice to interrupt casts.

Do not tank the stormcaller unless you are killing him first.

That's pretty dumb advice.
Stormcaller's chain lightnings - when combined with the rest of the stuff going on - will wipe raids, and should always be interrupted. A pally is not really a good tank for those guys because of it.

I usually tank fatty on one side of the room and my warrior OT tanks rune and storm on the other. On 25m, there's a dps warrior over there to help with interrupts as well.
Invisusira

Postby Belloc » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:26 pm

Invisusira wrote:
Belloc wrote:Don't tank the stormcaller. Seriously. He'll spend the entire first part of the fight just casting chain lightnings that deal piddly damage.

For our first pull, I went prot and hung back with him... but it became immediately clear that it was completely unnecessary. Subsequent pulls involved the Steelbreaker tank (another paladin) running back there and using Avenger's Shield and Hammer of Justice to interrupt casts.

Do not tank the stormcaller unless you are killing him first.

That's pretty dumb advice.
Stormcaller's chain lightnings - when combined with the rest of the stuff going on - will wipe raids, and should always be interrupted. A pally is not really a good tank for those guys because of it.

I usually tank fatty on one side of the room and my warrior OT tanks rune and storm on the other. On 25m, there's a dps warrior over there to help with interrupts as well.

I'm talking about 10-man, as that is what this thread was created for. Chain Lightning does relatively low damage and our raid was never at risk of dying to it while all three mobs were up. Attrition from having one of your 10-players focusing on a weak attack is more likely to wipe your raid than healing through it. As I noted, when the first mob dies, a tank is free to tank the mob.

And, yes, paladins make excellent tanks for stormcaller with 20-second hammers and avenger's shield.

I'll repeat, the chain lightning does not make this mob worth tanking while all there mobs are up. Just heal through it.
Belloc

Postby Invisusira » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:30 pm

Belloc wrote:I'll repeat, the chain lightning does not make this mob worth tanking while all there mobs are up. Just heal through it.

And I'll repeat, 10 man or no, that's still bad advice.
Invisusira

Postby Lewid » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:44 pm

yeah thats bad advice... he needs to be controlled at least to some extent.
Lewid

Postby inthedrops » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:51 pm

Obviously it CAN be done with paladin on those two, because that's how I did it most recently. But that doesn't make it the smartest way to do it or the BEST way to do it.

As with all advice on these forums, take it and apply it to the strengths and weaknesses of your guild. Don't assume it's transfer over verbatim and with instant success.

Too much pointless bickering.

At a guess, I'm thinking I failed to interupt on average 1 out of every 3 to 4 abilities. It mostly sucks when he's standing in a rune.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Lewid » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Yeah i was tanking it breifly tonight and after three attempts we quickly switched in our warrior tank. Anyone tried the hard mode on this one and have a wws they can link to?
Lewid

Postby Mozen » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:48 pm

Does Death Grip really work on Stormcaller? Our DK tank last night said it didn't work, and the rogue who assist-interrupts once Steelbreaker is down said the casts sometimes are chained too fast for two of them to interrupt all the casts.
Mozen

Postby discerpo » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:00 am

Mozen wrote:Does Death Grip really work on Stormcaller? Our DK tank last night said it didn't work, and the rogue who assist-interrupts once Steelbreaker is down said the casts sometimes are chained too fast for two of them to interrupt all the casts.

Yes, thats what i use most of the time to pull him out of the blue runes, strangulate works also. I use my Mind freeze in phase one on as many chain lightings as i can because any help to the healers is never bad. During phase two i have no problems i let the chains go through stop the whirly thing and save DG and strangulate to keep him out of runes (same as phase one) i always keep stomrcaller as my target and keep agro on the rune-guy w/ my aoe abilites.
Discerpo-Unholy/Blood Troll DK
Horde-Gorefiend

Vindicated wrote: The hell? this is the internet, where I've been over 18 since I was 12.
discerpo

Postby Mysticknight » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Easy Mode
Kill Order:
Steelbreaker
Runemaster Molgeim
Stormcaller Brundir

Phase 1
If you're just doing easy mode meaning killing steelbreaker first then u should have a pally tank it since u can dispell the punch right away. and pull him out of the blue runes.

-Runed master Molgeim should also be tanked when steelbreaker is being killed.

- Stormcaller Brundir we just left him alone letting him chain lighting really no point on tanking him during phase one chain lighting dont hit for much at all.

Phase 2
Once Steelbreaker is dead that tank should then switch to stormcaller and have a rogue or someone to interup the Lightning Whirl asap.
and run out of the Overloads.

Runed master will drop Rune of Death and everyone needs to move left or right out of it right away since its a rectangle rune on the floor.

Phase 3
- Stormcaller Brundir = stun lock just interup all his spells and run away and spread out when hes doing his Lightning Tendrils have the tanks just taunt back and forth way from the dps.

Hard Mode:
Runemaster Molgeim
Stormcaller Brundir
Steelbreaker

Phase 1
- Runemaster Molgeim burn him
- Steelbreaker being tanked full time
- Stormcaller Brundir dont need to touch him or even have a tank on him till Runemaster Molgeim is dead

Phase 2
- Stormcaller Brundir interup Lightning Whirl run out of Overloads

Phase 3
-Steelbreaker the tank will take Overwhelming Power a stack increases the damage by his target by 200% and then Meltdown Causes the target to die, dealing 29,250 to 30,750 Nature damage to friendly units within 15 yards. so tank needs to be soul stone. and have your off tank tank it till he hits melt down then you pick it back up and hopfuly hes dead by then :D
Mysticknight

Postby Belarkan » Fri May 01, 2009 1:04 am

Mysticknight wrote:- Stormcaller Brundir we just left him alone letting him chain lighting really no point on tanking him during phase one chain lighting dont hit for much at all.

Also to help a bit, just get a rogue or whatever interrupt him and position him further in the room.
This way he can overload as much as he wants without annoying the reste of the raid.
Belarkan

Postby Morganim » Fri May 01, 2009 2:00 am

Mysticknight wrote:Hard Mode:
Runemaster Molgeim
Stormcaller Brundir
Steelbreaker

Phase 1
- Runemaster Molgeim burn him
- Stormcaller Brundir dont need to touch him or even have a tank on him till Runemaster Molgeim is dead

Phase 2
- Stormcaller Brundir interup Lightning Whirl run out of Overloads

Phase 3
-Steelbreaker the tank will take Overwhelming Power a stack increases the damage by his target by 200% and then Meltdown Causes the target to die, dealing 29,250 to 30,750 Nature damage to friendly units within 15 yards. so tank needs to be soul stone. and have your off tank tank it till he hits melt down then you pick it back up and hopfuly hes dead by then :D

Wrong imo

The only way you can obtain enough dps for this is to kill runemaster 2nd, and time a rune spawn JUST as he des, jump in lust, and push 150k minimum raid dps while lust is up. Anything less he wil get to the point that he is 1 shotting tanks before u kill him
Morganim

Postby kram » Fri May 01, 2009 2:11 am

Morganim wrote:Wrong imo

The only way you can obtain enough dps for this is to kill runemaster 2nd, and time a rune spawn JUST as he des, jump in lust, and push 150k minimum raid dps while lust is up. Anything less he wil get to the point that he is 1 shotting tanks before u kill him

10man hard mode is pretty easy, ive done it twice now (first week and last week) with out issue (stormcaller>runemaster>steelbreaker). The dps requirements arent even close to how they are on 25man.
kram

Postby Morganim » Fri May 01, 2009 2:15 am

kram wrote:
Morganim wrote:Wrong imo

10man hard mode is pretty easy, ive done it twice now (first week and last week) with out issue (stormcaller>runemaster>steelbreaker). The dps requirements arent even close to how they are on 25man.

Yeh we;ve given it a go on 25 and its just fucking stupid atm.

Prob give it a go on 10 on our next off night. Was thinking of 2 2 6 with heavy caster stacking
Morganim

Postby Falibard » Fri May 01, 2009 8:34 am

Tried going for Steelbreaker > Stormcaller > Runemaster this week for the achievement and I'll just warn your guys... when Runemaster is the last one up his "Rune of Summoning" is no joke. It spawned multiple tiny, very fast, elemental adds the blow up for 12-14k nature iirc. I'm guessing the right way to deal with them is to throw an earthbind totem when the rune spawn then have ranged burn them down QUICKLY. It was late so we didn't mess with it but the achievement looks like it will require some really fast reaction from the raid.
Falibard

Postby Belloc » Fri May 01, 2009 11:39 am

Mysticknight wrote:Easy Mode
- Stormcaller Brundir we just left him alone letting him chain lighting really no point on tanking him during phase one chain lighting dont hit for much at all.

I'm glad somebody else actually tried this before complaining about how stupid it is. There's really no need to tank him at all on 10-man. Seriously, he's a gnat in the back of the room. If you haven't tried leaving him alone, don't say that it's foolish or bad advice, because it's not.

Falibard wrote:Tried going for Steelbreaker > Stormcaller > Runemaster this week for the achievement and I'll just warn your guys... when Runemaster is the last one up his "Rune of Summoning" is no joke. It spawned multiple tiny, very fast, elemental adds the blow up for 12-14k nature iirc. I'm guessing the right way to deal with them is to throw an earthbind totem when the rune spawn then have ranged burn them down QUICKLY. It was late so we didn't mess with it but the achievement looks like it will require some really fast reaction from the raid.

Everyone is supposed to stack up by runecaller and run far away when the rune of summoning appears. Then, yeah, slot or root them (if roots work) and get them down. This way you control where the rune appears (far away), and where they are running (all to one spot).

Belarkan wrote:
Mysticknight wrote:- Stormcaller Brundir we just left him alone letting him chain lighting really no point on tanking him during phase one chain lighting dont hit for much at all.

Also to help a bit, just get a rogue or whatever interrupt him and position him further in the room.
This way he can overload as much as he wants without annoying the reste of the raid.

His default position is far enough away that no one should ever be worried about the overload (which, I believe, is a 20 yard aoe now). That is assuming that you tank steelbreaker and runecaller near the entrance.
Belloc

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon