Remove Advertisements

[10] Ignis Adds a pain?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Ignis Adds a pain?

Postby Arca » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Im not sure if they have always behaved this way, but it seems to me at least the the construct threat tables are a bit wonky. I can AS + Exor and then immediately have to taunt off one of the healers just to have the add deaggro and go for the healer again. Tried switching tanks and the warrior was having the same problem, heroic throw + shockwave and as he is pulling it to the flames, bam, straight to the healers.

I recall reading, but cant seem to find now, a post regarding a fix to ensure the add tank was not slagged on 10man. If this is true (I'm looking for the post :? ) could this fix cause the adds to have really odd threat issues?

I could be really off on this, would appreciate any help.

*Couldn't find the original post, but I found Daelo's list of current issues that says the same thing.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=16473750939&sid=1

It doesn't say specifically the same thing that was happening to me, but maybe the "protections in place"
can make their threat tables a little off.

For the "at work" impaired.
Daelo wrote:Ignis sometimes will slag pot the offtank dealing with constructs.
The protections in place work most of the time, but we're still investigating reports on this. Note that the protection is only granted if the tank is actively being melee'd by the construct. If players immobilize the construct and the tank backs away, the tank will not have the slag pot protection.
Last edited by Arca on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arca

Re: [10] Ignis Adds a pain?

Postby Lewid » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:50 pm

they reset aggro when they turn molton, which will need a little special attention to get back. Perhaps this is the issue?
Lewid

Postby Arca » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:00 pm

they were reseting before they even got 1 stack, hadn't even touched the fire.
Arca

Postby Djr » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Yea the adds seemed to pull to the healers for me when i took add duty cause our fury warrior specced tank sucked at it, imo the healers are doin overtime on ignis and pulling agro as i taunted and ran to the fire - as long as hit em with SoR i had no probs, just dont taunt and run to the fire i found and i was fine. Exocism is your friend in this fight if you your AS is on CD just tauntand exo and they add follows.
Djr

Postby Lewid » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:42 pm

make sure RF is up? we did this last night and held 6 adds at the end without ever losing aggro on even one... might be a specific problem
Lewid

Postby Salamandra » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:07 am

The more adds that are up, the less threat that healers will do to each one, so that's not really a counterpoint.
Salamandra

Postby Arca » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:40 am

Rf was up, like i said, the warrior was having the exact same issue, so RF wasn't it.

Djr wrote:Yea the adds seemed to pull to the healers for me when i took add duty cause our fury warrior specced tank sucked at it, imo the healers are doin overtime on ignis and pulling agro as i taunted and ran to the fire - as long as hit em with SoR i had no probs, just dont taunt and run to the fire i found and i was fine. Exocism is your friend in this fight if you your AS is on CD just tauntand exo and they add follows.

They were leaving after a AS and Exorcism both. :?
Arca

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:52 am

I don't even use AS on this fight because of the stupid daze. I have seen something turn towards a healer after an exo/judgment, but they may have just crit a bunch on an aoe heal.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Mozen » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:39 pm

We had a warrior pick up the adds and I tanked Ignis. He had no troubles keeping the adds, with his intercept, charge or whatever mobility skill it was. Then we had a hunter look out for new adds that appear too far away from the warrior, he would either kite them temporarily or misdirect them to the warrior, so the warrior could concentrate on shattering the earlier adds.

Apart from new adds that aggro straight for the healers, there didn't seem much trouble managing adds.

I'd guess Vigilance refreshing their taunts make warriors better add tanks here.

PS: I love 2min Divine Protection. I can pop it freely when a healer gets slag potted.
Mozen

Postby Jasari » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:14 am

The strat we used that made Ignis pretty easy:

Raid set up:
1 tank - prot pally (me)

3 healers (we had 2 holy priests and a resto druid, but a disc priest and/or holy pally would make it easier)

6 DPS (we had mage, ret pally, DK, hunter, rogue, boomkin but the makeup isn't important)

Tank Iginis while standing in one of the water pools.

Have all DPS/healers stand pretty close behind him so that they're in range of taunts.

Pick up all the adds that spawn and tank them in the water pools.

Move briefly during each scorch, but it'll disappear after a second or two because it's landing in the water.

After a while a few of the adds will become brittle just from getting a stack or two of scorch each time he uses it. When this happens, call out to have a mage or someone blow them up (I think we only killed about 2 adds the entire fight).

Ignis will begin hitting incredibly hard at about 25%. We didn't even have a bloodlust and are mostly 10man geared, but were able to burn him down before the hits got unhealable. Save your bubble wall for about 15%, and have healers ready to rotate CDs on you as well. We also had a ret pally blow Divine Sac/Divine Shield/HoSac on me at about 20%.

We tried using a 2nd tank to pick up the adds, but it was actually harder this way because of the decreased DPS on Ignis. The adds don't hit all that hard and we found it easier to have all healers focused on a single tank rather than separated between the two.

The hardest part of the fight from a tanking perspective will be keeping all the adds and ignis in front of you the whole time. Just warn your healers if you have to move back a little bit to reposition everything.
Jasari

Postby Wolvar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:01 pm

I think the issue is that when ignis "activates" them they don't really join the fight for 5-10 seconds, by that time healers have a ton more aggro than we are used to having to pull.
Wolvar

Postby loeni » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:44 am

Wolvar wrote:I think the issue is that when ignis "activates" them they don't really join the fight for 5-10 seconds, by that time healers have a ton more aggro than we are used to having to pull.

This. I've found that i have the same issue if i just exorcism/AS them, but if i taunt first, and then exorcism they stick like glue.
loeni

Postby culhag » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:12 am

loeni wrote:
Wolvar wrote:I think the issue is that when ignis "activates" them they don't really join the fight for 5-10 seconds, by that time healers have a ton more aggro than we are used to having to pull.

This. I've found that i have the same issue if i just exorcism/AS them, but if i taunt first, and then exorcism they stick like glue.

Quoted for emphasis.
Also be sure to yell on anyone who puts a slowing debuff / stun / root on the constructs.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:07 am

They nerfed the stacks needed to go molten to 10. Yeesh.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:57 am

fuzzygeek wrote:They nerfed the stacks needed to go molten to 10. Yeesh.

yeah it went from something that might take a little practice to something that is stupid and pointless. Used to be scorches hurt bad and getting 20 stacks without taking tons of damage took some finesse.

We killed 25 man Ignus last night with EXTREME lag and me tanking 5 constructs while one tank did his best to make one molten at a time. All of my abilities like taunt were tanking 5 seconds to register that it "worked". If we can kill Ignus while having 5+ second lag conditions it's pretty dumb.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon