Remove Advertisements

[25man] Server First achieve

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25man] Server First achieve

Postby Rokh » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:50 am

I have heard conflicting reports on how you get the 'server first' achievemnt.

Some have said you just kill YS, some people say you only get it when you kill YS on 3-buff hard mode, some people say you need 0-buff hard mode.

Anyone know?
Rokh

Re: [25man] Server First achieve

Postby Struggz » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:17 am

Struggz

Postby kram » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:48 pm

the difference between normal(4 keepers) & hard mode(0 keepers):
-40% Damage Done
+20% Damage Taken
-20% Healing Taken
-20% Run Speed
+100% Haste for all adds in the fight (more magic/poison/curses to be removed, more dmg to tanks)
No flash freeze to save people who die (basically multiple free battle rezes)
No way to refresh sanity

Its probably doable this week but it would take quite some extra time learning the fight.
kram

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:02 pm

I believe you can refresh sanity, although I may be wrong about that. It's still going to be considerably harder.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby kram » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:18 pm

removing freya also removes the sanity wells which restore 20 sanity per tick while standing in them.

Either way with good dps its pretty hard to hit 0 sanity. You would probably have to avoid the dark fiend type things inside the portals and swap who goes down and who stays up depending on how fast you get through p2.

also i forgot one extra thing you lose from not having thorim, i dont recall what it is though.
kram

Postby knaughty » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:20 pm

kram wrote:also i forgot one extra thing you lose from not having thorim, i dont recall what it is though.

The ability to actually kill one of the add types which otherwise goes immune at 1%?
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:01 am

Knaughty wrote:
kram wrote:also i forgot one extra thing you lose from not having thorim, i dont recall what it is though.

The ability to actually kill one of the add types which otherwise goes immune at 1%?

Markoh wrote:Thorim: Thorim grants the entire raid http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=62702, which increases damage by 10% and health by 20%. Also during phase 3 Thorim will throw his hammer at the adds that spawn. This is important b/c when these adds get to 1% they go immune to all damage and the only way to kill them is to have Thorim kill them.

^
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:37 pm

From what I've seen, 0-keeper is impossible until something changes. Having -40% damage in phase 3 with adds that never die would be brutal enough and require more healers, but you'd have a lot of people going insane just from randomly targeted stuff.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby kram » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:15 pm

PsiVen wrote:From what I've seen, 0-keeper is impossible until something changes. Having -40% damage in phase 3 with adds that never die would be brutal enough and require more healers, but you'd have a lot of people going insane just from randomly targeted stuff.

Not only that, in p3 theres some mechanic having to do with the adds that heals yogg. He also gains one (or more abilities) a Roar (2.3sec cast) that silences everyone for 4 seconds and hits for ~10k.
kram

Postby itankforcash » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:58 pm

There is also a server first achievement for defeating Algalon.
itankforcash

Postby Seloei » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:26 am

Tehres quite a few achievements for ulduar that seem almost impossible for now. Say... 7 minutes yoggie bear kill. It takes more than double to kill him now usually.
however, i can't see anyone getting close to finishing off this achievement anytime soon. It just requires almost total perfection and insane dps/healers just to get past p2.

Yoggie bear will probably get nerfed, just like the rest of the instance, im guessing the casuals are still having fun on mimiron and haven't gotten past that, or on thorim... I'd say 2-3 weeks to a few months, before "casuals" reach him.
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:30 am

Seloei wrote: I'd say 2-3 weeks to a few months, before "casuals" reach him.

No you are wrong m8 this istance is too ez wtf blizz fking crap istance cleared in 1 week gg casuals

I assume the irony is obvious.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:10 am

Well, for a new instance that is cleared in 1 week. Did it happen to bt / mh? Also, it was cleared in 2 days by the truly hardcore raiders, they could of done it in 1 day also if they hadn't been trying for the "0 keepers up" aproach. Naxx was cleared ( from launch ) in 3 days, altho leveling up took 2 days so in reality, a 1 day clear aswell. Don't know how long it took for ssc/tk but im guessing it took more than a week since it was open, after attunements were completed.
Pre-nerf ulduar was hard, but not too hard, some bugs to iron out and it's okish. SSC / TK were hard also when they came out, but in a few months, there were dozens of guilds who could reach the endboss in atleast one week.

And casuals i mean, guilds who raid maybe 4-8h a week, and don't have "all best in slot" gear + enough skill to oneshot hardmodes on the first time. In my opinion theres "hardcore raiding guilds, raiding guilds and casual raiding guilds.
The first got people who can do wonders with their class/spec/raid with whatever predicament their in.
The second don't raid for 20h+ per week and consist of mostly good or mediocre players, a few bad ones.
The last raid for maybe 4-8h per week at best, and have just a few really good players.

Supreme Voodoo is not a "hardcore" raiding guild and we've had mediocre progress in tbc (been around since vanilla) but even guilds who were having trouble with clearing naxx on our server are now on mimiron/thorim. If that isn't a sign then i don't know what is.

It's just how blizzard wants their raiding to be done in wotlk. If you want "challenges" do the hardmodes, if you want loot do the normal modes. If too many complain it's too hard, they nerf it. I found ulduar a dissapointment, after seeing how much they had nerfed it. It was close to on target for a medium challenge on normal mode before they wacked out their nerfbat. Even "casual" guilds would of gotten yogg down in a month at the most.
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:25 am

To be honest the only current "normal" blocks in Ulduar are Mimiron (which reminds me of Vashj/Kael) and Yogg.

But i'm fine with it to be honest, it's a mid-tier, it shouldn't be hard.

I'll be very if they keep this in the future ones tho.

I wonder how long it will take until someone takes down Yogg "-4" or Algalon, it will be interesting.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Wulfhere » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:21 am

Seloei wrote:...

Supreme Voodoo is not a "hardcore" raiding guild and we've had mediocre progress in tbc (been around since vanilla) but even guilds who were having trouble with clearing naxx on our server are now on mimiron/thorim. If that isn't a sign then i don't know what is.

This is not the case on my server at all. Guilds that had trouble clearing Naxx-25 have now killed.... Flame Leviathan-25. Only guilds that managed to clear Sarth+3D-25 farily early have made it up to Keepers, with the top guild working on Yogg. Other guilds that killed Sarth+3D late or only Sarth+2D are still stuck in the Siege area. Obviously, my server is bottom half for progression but I can't see how you go from barely clearing Naxx to 8/14 Ulduar in 2 weeks, barring guild mergers or highly successful off-server recruiting.
Wulfhere

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon