[10] Ignis - Now with added Zerg.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Ignis - Now with added Zerg.

Postby Djr » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:22 pm

On 10 man yea ive seen the OT slag potted, seemed to happen when the add was shattered and he ran to pick the next 1 up, this week our DK did add duty we 2 shotted and he got slag potted. Yea hes defo zergable but if your OT is good on add duty its still better to shatter the 1st 3 adds then nuke him imo - takes a mage 1 CD to turn and shoot the add while the ot runs to pick next one up - why risk the damage on the MT for no reason - ON 25 man again ive seen the same thing but if one tank is collecting the adds and the other takin em to turn molten again ive only seen the tank with the 1 add potted.
Djr

Postby Epimer » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:58 am

Does anyone who's zerged him on 10 man have a WWS or similar of the kill? Or a breakdown of what the 5 or 6 dps numbers were like? I'm trying to assess if this is going to be a valid strategy for our raid. Thanks.
Epimer

Postby Rasmfrackn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:37 am

Epimer wrote:Does anyone who's zerged him on 10 man have a WWS or similar of the kill? Or a breakdown of what the 5 or 6 dps numbers were like? I'm trying to assess if this is going to be a valid strategy for our raid. Thanks.

http://wowwebstats.com/ff4f2nyeynrug?s=91934-111501

Nothing to write home about... we did the zerg method the first attempt but bringing an alt and a low-dps boomkin, AND 3-healing it made it take too long. The second attempt I ended up shattering some early and they somehow self-heated, letting me shatter more even after we pointed him out over the puddles to remove scorch spots (we kept the first 2 scorches, doused the rest).

This filter is his swing damage increasing over 6 minutes on a blood deathknight, FWIW. :)

When it becomes lethal I can't say anymore due to his hit size nerfs... if you want to kill him in 4 minutes on 25-man, I think that's roughly 100,000 raid-wide dps.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Auroris » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:40 am

I just did it with my fury warrior. Numbers for dps was like 4021, 3700, 3023, 2500, and 2606. Tanks was like 1811? We held him in the water where Scorch instantly despawns and we had the OT being healed. pally tanked him in the water, Ignis was learning how to swim the entire fight. ^_^
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby arilink » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Checked out the zerg strat today.
Ignis had 7 stacks in the end.
It wasn't nearly close.
That's just sad.
Lailani - Paladin
Vixi - Deathknight
arilink

Postby Lewid » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:47 pm

yeah, killed him a few days ago with this strategy with only 8 up. I'd like to see a wws of this strategy in 25s
Lewid

Postby Epimer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:47 am

Zerged down yesterday, on the 7th (!) attempt. Here is a log of the kill. Dunno what happened to our mage, and it got sloppy right at the end, but job done.
Epimer

Postby Consecrator » Fri May 01, 2009 1:20 am

Im confused so i apologize if this makes no sense. you all keep talking about zerging him. When we do it we have the warrior tank on the boss, i tank the adds and the dps ....well they dps. What is the non zerg strategy? did you have dps on the adds or somthing? cause when i tank the adds i just shatter them myself so all the dps is on the boss the whole time anyway. if you are zerging the boss why doesnt the add tank shatter some adds , what else are you goign to do? if you just tanking them anyway you might as well kill them to make it easier on your healers.

Again maybe im just misunderstaning the idea. so my main question is what is the difference between a zerg on ignus and a non zerg?
When I was 8 years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a tea cozy. Many years later I would find out that it wasnt a spider, it was my uncle harold.
Consecrator

Postby Tubben » Fri May 01, 2009 2:12 am

Consecrator wrote:Again maybe im just misunderstaning the idea. so my main question is what is the difference between a zerg on ignus and a non zerg?

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2930
Tubben

Postby Rasmfrackn » Fri May 01, 2009 8:35 am

The Zerg method is actually more about movement than the adds. By tanking him facing into the water, you eliminate the need for anyone to move (and you don't lose TPS by moving him) because the scorch patches don't stick, so you don't lose dps time. Offtanks just hold the adds because there are no flame patches to heat them up with.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Kracus » Tue May 05, 2009 12:50 pm

We tried and killed him on our 2nd or 3rd attempt on 10 man this weekend, probably won't do him any other way (unless going for an achievement like shattered) and we didn't have a shaman.

2 tanks 2 heals I want to say and the rest of course was dps.

We attempted this on 25 man yesterday, we got him to 30-35% by the 6th stack, so a bit away from that one.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby Potus » Wed May 06, 2009 12:15 am

My guild did him yesterday, 25man with zerg.. it was sad. However, some tricks were spent at the end, during flame jets when tank and healers were up in the air, just to avoid silliness.

Here's a WWS-log
You know this, because you are psychic.

Potus

Postby Arcand » Thu May 07, 2009 9:02 am

Rasmfrackn wrote:This filter is his swing damage increasing over 6 minutes on a blood deathknight, FWIW. :)

...and then on a warrior, then a death knight, a pet, then you, then a hunter.

That story pretty much tells itself. :)
Arcand

Postby Macha » Thu May 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Still don't see the point unless it's an intentional hardmode you want to go through. You need a tank anyway, and in 10/25man a tank alone can easily take care of the crappy adds.

Basically, the zerg just makes it harder, as a lot more healing is needed both on adds and on boss. You gain nothing - since only one tank handles adds in both ways, your raid dps isn't increased.
Macha

Postby Jasari » Fri May 08, 2009 6:22 am

Macha wrote:Still don't see the point unless it's an intentional hardmode you want to go through. You need a tank anyway, and in 10/25man a tank alone can easily take care of the crappy adds.

Basically, the zerg just makes it harder, as a lot more healing is needed both on adds and on boss. You gain nothing - since only one tank handles adds in both ways, your raid dps isn't increased.

We only use one tank of this fight, so we do get quite a bit more raid DPS.

However now that the stacks only need to get to 10, some of the adds become brittle without even trying and we usually have a mage break a couple of them.
Jasari

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon