Remove Advertisements

[10] Thorim's Arena

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Thorim's Arena

Postby honorshammer » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:22 am

We need tips on handling this.

What we did: I stand in the circle with DPS and heals surrounding me. The first couple of elites go fine. Avengers Shield, Hand of Reckoning, Exorcism, etc.

Then the Commoners show up, Drop a Consecrate. Gets some but not all. Then more elites are coming, and they spawn faster. You've got a freaking sea of mobs to try to target through. I tried a /targetexact macro for the Whirlwind guys, targeted one still in the stands.

If you have any tips on handling this, I'd love to hear it. We eventually gave up and went to play with Freya.
honorshammer

Re: [10] Thorim's Arena

Postby inthedrops » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:54 am

Answers for same question here (25 man but still applies): http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22795

In regard to targeting the mobs, if you're already in a sea then you're getting behind. Solve that and you won't have to worry about the target macro problems. I found I was most consistent when I kept a vigorous lookout for new spawns and targeted them BEFORE they ever came near the center area. Perhaps having healing stand outside of the circle made that process easier because they'd run towards a healer more often than not.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Re: [10] Thorim's Arena

Postby guillex » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:17 pm

Looking at it, seeing as it's still the same deal in 10 and 25 for that part of the fight (I haven't been there myself, but it seems like it is), I'm going to close this version, and edit the title of the other version to encompass both raid sizes.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon