[10] Iron Council

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Iron Council

Postby Markoh » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:18 pm

There are 3 mobs here that have to be tanked. Steelbreaker hits hard and WILL kill you if fusion punch isn't removed immediately. But the surprise that came to me was how much runemaster hits for. This guy was just blowing me up with 14k hits and basically required me to have a healer of my own focusing on me (while also still watching the raid).

I was just curious how people who have done this chose to do it, we were initially 2 healer 2 tank ( a feral and myself) but that failed miserably. Tanking both runemaster and stormcaller usually ended in my death (or a healers death) from overloads. We ended up having the dk switch specs and tank both and myself switch to healing which ended us with 2 tanks 3 healers. After we switched this setup we ended up one shotting him.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the difficulty of ulduar 10 man; tanks get rocked, healers have to be on point, and the dps requirements are semi stringent.
Markoh

Re: [10] Iron Council

Postby Salamandra » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:20 pm

I did this with 2 tanks 2 healers relatively easily, while tanking Runemasters/Stormcaller, target Stormcaller while tanking and whenever he casts Overload just run away. No one else should be within 30 yards of him anyway and he doesn't really move. Also stun him every Hammer of Justice cooldown.
Salamandra

Postby Markoh » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:42 pm

The issue with overload was when moving runemaster out of a rune of death or him deciding to start casting and not moving with me and being stuck in a bad position.

Do you have imp hoj?
Markoh

Postby kram » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:19 am

IMO you're best sticking the paladin tanking Steelbreaker that way you can dispel yourself the instant you get hit by fusion punch. Let a warrior or dk tank the other two.
kram

Postby discerpo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:12 pm

We have MT pali on steel breaker, i take the other two.

In phase one i mind freeze the chain lit when its up just help lessen raid dmg, and silence/ crazy shadow hand of grabiness the little guy out of the blue runes. wehn he does over load i call it out just to make sure my healer moves ( everyone else is on the other side of the room) and i either AMZ or AMS(AMS just nerfed to 50% instead of sexy 100%) but should still not be a problem.

Once steel breaker is down Pali mt takes the rune guy and ppl just need to pay attention to the runes. DK can also mindfreeze the whirling lightning thing i havent seen one more less then every ten sec so a lone DK tank will be fine for interupts.
Discerpo-Unholy/Blood Troll DK
Horde-Gorefiend

Vindicated wrote: The hell? this is the internet, where I've been over 18 since I was 12.
discerpo

Postby Amran20 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:12 am

Iron Council is a bitch for 2 Tankadins. We got around the distinct lack of interrupts by having a Shaman babysit me while I was tanking Stormcaller Brundir. Also, just in case, we had a resto shaman who knows how to go Bear and bash its face in.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Corpsicle » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:04 pm

We have two tankadins, one specced into Imp HoJ and one not. I am the one with out it, I took Steelbreaker and the Runemaster. Our other paladin took Stormcaller. Kill order was Steelbreaker -> Runemaster -> Stormcaller. When Stormcaller was on a rune and interrupt was down for his tank, he called in vent and I angled to send an avenger's shield that way and then moved back to position (not sure if this helped but it seemed to from my memory of it). We also had a shaman to help with interrupts as needed and called for. While tanking Steelbreaker I selfcleansed and made sure to keep my two mobs well away from Stormcaller and his tank. Once Steelbreaker was down, I moved Runemaster to be on the opposite side of the room from Stormaster in case stormaster had readjusted his position and gotten close. It was just a matter then of the raid staying out of the rune of death on the ground and getting away from Stormcaller as needed in phase three when Runemaster was down. We had reasonable success with this strategy last week and were able to beat the encounter, although it did take some repetitions.
Corpsicle

Postby kensanity » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:25 pm

yeah i was gonna say that the new Avenger's shield mechanic is something that shouldn't be overlooked in this encounter. its helpful for getting silences off when rune of death is on the dwarf. However, i am not sure if it interrupts the spinning thing.
kensanity

Postby Kuridan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:37 pm

On our 10 man kill I tanked both Steelbreaker and Runemaster on one side of the room while a warrior tanked stormcaller on the other side. I have a vid of our kill on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iGXeAhANNw
Kuridan

Postby kensanity » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:47 pm

idk if this happens on 25, but on 10, does the dwarf really need to be tanked when all 3 are up?

typically the MT picks up the big guy, i pick up the runeguy and dwarf, silence the dwarf, hammer him in the back of the room, then proceed to bring the runemaster towards the front of the room where the big guy is being tanked. AT this point, the dwarf will just go wild with the chain lightning and its dmage yo. Its gonna hit but its consistent so easy to heal through. No point in wasting a kick rotation on him in the back. When the big guy dies the tank jumps on the dwarf to interrupt and whatnot while dps switches to MY target, the runemaster.

This seems to alleviate a lot of the issues involved with weird damage and the like.
kensanity

Postby Thrornir » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:00 am

Something to mention - Stormcaller Brundhir is fully stunnable on 10 man. Hammer of Justice lasts the full 6 seconds, and you can run seal of justice for random stunning during his casts.
Thrornir

Postby Arquine » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:41 am

[10 man]

we tried the hardest mode last night; it's not as hard as it looks until you hit reach p3 Steelbreaker. He cast a debuff which is "always" on your tank; and your raid needs an average of 5.8k DPS (we're still naxx geared though) before he blows off your tank.

Also, anyone dying heals him for 15% of his HP - which is bloody annoying =/
Arquine

Postby Nalyn » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:16 am

Amran20 wrote: Also, just in case, we had a resto shaman who knows how to go Bear and bash its face in.

You must have one hell of a resto shaman then :)

We also did this fight with 2 prot pallies, and I would think having a warrior or DK playing OT would work a LOT better. Yes, we have the tools to do what is absolutely required for this fight, a silence to move the dorf out of the power rune, and a stun to stop the whirl...but that's about it, no interupt really hurts for this.
Nalyn

Postby Amran20 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:44 pm

DRUID!

Bah words fail me often.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Belloc » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:17 pm

Don't tank the stormcaller. Seriously. He'll spend the entire first part of the fight just casting chain lightnings that deal piddly damage.

For our first pull, I went prot and hung back with him... but it became immediately clear that it was completely unnecessary. Subsequent pulls involved the Steelbreaker tank (another paladin) running back there and using Avenger's Shield and Hammer of Justice to interrupt casts.

Do not tank the stormcaller unless you are killing him first.
Belloc

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon