Remove Advertisements

[25] XT-002 Deconstructor Raid Positioning

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] XT-002 Deconstructor Raid Positioning

Postby anrke » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi all - positioning your 25 man raid on XT-002, are you grouping ranged up in order to make more effective use of AoE heals, or are you spreading out to try and minimise or avoid Light Bomb damage to each other?

Initially we were grouping, but was finding Tantrum + Light Bomb at the same time to be an absolutely killer, always losing a few players each time it happened. Seem a bit better prepared now, so I'm wanting our guild to have ranged spread out, and attempt to avoid Tantrums through burning 25% health and then popping heroism on the heart to get him to 50% asap.

I haven't done 10 man yet, but I read it is considerably easier to maintain a grouped up raid formation for it.

So - what are you finding most effective on 25?

edit: Oh, and can anybody confirm that the Gravity Bomb pull effect is 20 yards on Normal (with 10 yard damage radius) and only 10 yards on Heroic (with still a 10 yard damage radius) ?
anrke

Re: [25] XT-002 Deconstructor Raid Positioning

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Our group position was like
Code: Select all
    4     1      5
        BOSS
        2MELEE3

Where 2 and 3 were groups composed by 2-3 melees 1-2 ranged and 1 healer, group 4 and 5 were composed by 4 ranged dps and 1 healer, group 1 was Tank, 3 healers and 1 ranged DPS.
The rangeds from Group 4 and 5 would divine between front and back add spawns on their side.
In G1/4/5 everyone was spreaded around their healer, for G2/3 the healer was behind them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Salamandra » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:56 pm

We had it like this:

Tank
XT
Melee

Ranged

That was it. All ranged dps and healers stay at the same place, spread out slightly but close enough to fully use aoe heals. Somewhat relies a lot on people seeing that they have debuffs and running out quickly.
Salamandra

Postby anrke » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:06 am

Well, I see the following hotfix has been applied:
XT-002 Deconstructor will no longer cast Light Bomb or Gravity Bomb while channeling Tympanic Tantrum.

So grouping up at least somewhat (as mentioned in above 2 posts) should be less deadly. We went in after 3.1 landed, and Tantrums + Light Bomb in a group of people was naaaasty.
anrke

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:46 am

anrke wrote:Well, I see the following hotfix has been applied:
XT-002 Deconstructor will no longer cast Light Bomb or Gravity Bomb while channeling Tympanic Tantrum.

So grouping up at least somewhat (as mentioned in above 2 posts) should be less deadly. We went in after 3.1 landed, and Tantrums + Light Bomb in a group of people was naaaasty.

I'm disappointed by another unneeded nerf to Ulduar, it was perfectly fine with bombs during Tantrum :|
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:01 am

It's to make the hardmode doable, as you could get insta-gibbed otherwise.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:48 am

That makes me wonder how you survive the gravity bomb in hard mode heroic.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Threatco » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:36 pm

On this fight getting light on you just before tantrum snares you, causing a very fast skill to people around you.

Is spreading out needed to make sure you don't get unlucky with this?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby kensanity » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:01 pm

Threatco wrote:On this fight getting light on you just before tantrum snares you, causing a very fast skill to people around you.

Is spreading out needed to make sure you don't get unlucky with this?

If everyone in a group is 10 yards apart, and their primary healer is at the core of that formation, it should not be a problem. 10 yards and no ranged ever has to move :)
kensanity

Postby Equitas » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:00 pm

We split into 2 camps and tank him at the stairs, dunno works fine for us, for hardmode were probably doing a different one with 3-5 camps.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Charie » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:32 am

I made this picture for the slow people in my guild.
We tank him at the top of the stairs.
Charie

Postby Palabrewtis » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Pretty close to yours, but we didn't go up on stairs. I like your little bomb bots though, I might have to throw those on t here :P

Palabrewtis

Postby amh » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:23 am

We tank him on the stairs as well.

Basicly, if you divide up where the separate bombs need to run, you don´t screw your melee dps over. Gravity-bomb left, light-bomb right ("light is right"). Having the melee on the left leg means that if one of them gets a light-bomb, that player will just move to the right leg and continue dpsing there. Sending all gravity-bombs to the left just keeps it cleaner, since they don´t have to run past a player that ran to the same side with a light-bomb.

I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:09 am

Our positioning was VERY close to the illustration above. I've modified it with updated melee positioning.
Attachments
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (44.5 KiB) Viewed 1955 times
Belloc

Postby mconeone » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:04 am

They upped the enrage timer, so this should be considerably easier.
mconeone

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon