Razorscale[10]

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Razorscale[10]

Postby ShieldLove » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:30 am

It should be noted that if one of your tanks pitches in on DPS during a grounding and achieves top threat, then this person will be included in the flame patch target list, regardless of where he or she stands. I note this from personal experience, having tanked adds all along the ground to the left of the circle.

I ate flame patches all night, but only after the initial grounding. I worked around this by gathering only ranged dps on my adds and assigning all the melee DPS with our other tank.
ShieldLove

Re: Razorscale[10]

Postby dmok » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:07 am

ShieldLove wrote:It should be noted that if one of your tanks pitches in on DPS during a grounding and achieves top threat, then this person will be included in the flame patch target list, regardless of where he or she stands. I note this from personal experience, having tanked adds all along the ground to the left of the circle.

I ate flame patches all night, but only after the initial grounding. I worked around this by gathering only ranged dps on my adds and assigning all the melee DPS with our other tank.

You are incorrect.

After the first grounding, Razorscale positions herself to the back-left of the circle (almost directly where you claim to be tanking adds). Therefore you are the closest to her, so she spews flame patches at you.

To repeat: Razorscale moves between grounding phases. She starts in the middle of the circle, and then moves to the back-left corner. She will always return to this second spot for the rest of the encounter.

This was tested and observed in both the 10man and 25man version both last week and last night after 3.1.1.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon