Glyphs

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Glyphs

Postby Ranluka » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:33 pm

What Glyphs is everyone using?

Currently I have Imp Judgements, Rightous Defense and the Vengence Glyph. I'd like to replace one with Divine Plea, but I'm having a hard time choosing...
Ranluka

Re: Glyphs

Postby amh » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:17 am

SoV/Corr, Divine Plea + Judgement.

Probably swapping out Judgement when I find a Glyph of Salvation. Need to test Salvation a bit, see if I´m comfortable with it.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Thornir » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:32 am

I'm going with DP, SoV, and RD Glyphs.

DP for mitigation.
SoV for threat.
and RD because i've got no +hit tanking gear :(
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:39 am

RD Glyph is probably the best you can switch since taunting isn't really important in Ulduar.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby honorshammer » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:44 am

Worldie wrote:RD Glyph is probably the best you can switch since taunting isn't really important in Ulduar.

Of the fights I've done Razorscale, Iron Council and Kologarn all require taunting, as does the way we do the Auriya pull. That's over half of the bosses we've killed.
honorshammer

Postby Jasari » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:46 am

Honorshammer wrote:
Worldie wrote:RD Glyph is probably the best you can switch since taunting isn't really important in Ulduar.

Of the fights I've done Razorscale, Iron Council and Kologarn all require taunting, as does the way we do the Auriya pull. That's over half of the bosses we've killed.

But you also have 2 taunts, both off the GCD.

Even with an 8% miss rate (how much is made up for by the glyph), you have less than a 1% chance that both RD and HoReck would miss.
Jasari

Postby arilink » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:52 am

Seal of Corruption, Divine Plea, Hammer of the Righteous
Lailani - Paladin
Vixi - Deathknight
arilink

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:04 am

If a taunt misses, does it still count toward the diminishing returns on that target?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:25 am

moduspwnens wrote:If a taunt misses, does it still count toward the diminishing returns on that target?

No.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ranluka » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Ty guys, I ended up replacing Imp Judgments.

Honestly after a bad night of double misses on 4 horsemen, I'm afraid to run around without the RD Glyph it anymore. And Ulduar has so many more instances where I need to taunt. Only time I taunted in naxx was on 4 horsemen, now it's every other boss, some of the trash and tons of adds to pick up.

I know the odds of a double resist are pretty low, but with the number of taunts a night we have now, the odds of a fatal mistake rise above lvls I care for. Frankly I never used hit gear before, threat was just so good we didn't need it, but now I'm looking for +hit pieces.
Ranluka

Postby Jasari » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:16 pm

Does glyph of RD affect HoReck yet?
Jasari

Postby Barsine » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:53 am

Glyph of Seal of Vengeance
Glyph of Divine Plea
Glyph of Hand of Salvation (will probably change this to Judgement once Ulduar hardmode is on farm, so some time in the next century)
Barsine

Postby leperkhaun » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:23 pm

DP, judge, Sov
leperkhaun

Postby Hiroko » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:40 am

DP, SoV and Judgement too.
When I feel a missed taunt is an issue then I swap in more hit gear to reduce the resist chance.
Hiroko

Postby Araceli » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:58 am

I don't have end-game gear and I haven't missed a taunt, I mean RD has missed yes, but HoRec is right there to pick up the mob if needed.

I currently use...
- Divine Plea
- Vengeance
- Hammer of Wrath
Ambassador Araceli of HAVEN

"What's there to hate about being a tankadin? —NOTHING!"
Araceli

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents