Remove Advertisements

[10] Malygos P2 buggy Anti-Magic Shields - Sanity Check?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Malygos P2 buggy Anti-Magic Shields - Sanity Check?

Postby snoweagle » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:08 am

Hello All,

Apologies if this has been discussed in here... Had a search but didn't see much...

Are any of you experiencing bugs in phase 2 where the shields occasionally don't work...

Before the patch we experieced it maybe once every few attempts, and it was easily dealt with by a timely battle-res. On the day after the patch we went in (with the same healers) and it seemed to happen at least once per attempt (I think we had 1 where it didn't) and a few times to more than one person. That night we had no battle res with us so it felt like P2 was wrecking all our best P1 work, leaving us with 8-9 ppl for p3 (if it wansnt our healers who died).

Now my gut feeling is that even if it's a legitimate bug it still shouldn't be happening all that often (despite the just-patchedness of servers). Somehow I get the feeling we're missing something fundamental, but on the other hand the same healers knew the fight and had no such trouble on previous attempts so I'm not sure what that could be.

So question is:

Is/has anyone experienced the same thing wether in 'real bug' form or as a missed tactical detail...

If so are there any known ways of dealing with it? Bringing more dr00ds comes to mind but I'm thinking more along the lines of preventing it. The 'best' info I've found is at http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=1 It talks about not jumping, interfaces etc... but I'm not confident to start advising my raiders to be blowing up their folders without something a little more solid than what's written there...
snoweagle
Maintankadonor

Re: [10] Malygos P2 buggy Anti-Magic Shields - Sanity Check?

Postby Belloc » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:45 am

If you are targeted by the scions before you enter a shield, you will not gain the benefit of the shield against that attack. I'm sure you can imagine how random this effect can be.
Belloc

Postby Jasari » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:01 am

Yeah, we experience that and came to the same conclusion That Belloc described. Haven't run it since the patch though but I'd assume the same is still true.
Jasari

Postby snoweagle » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:31 am

Thanks for the replies...

Looks Like we'll have to make sure we're tight about using only every other shield...

we've been experiencing the same issue with deep breath... is there anything that can be done there?
snoweagle
Maintankadonor

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon