Sarth 3D advice and opinions...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Sarth 3D advice and opinions...

Postby Chasey » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:56 pm

I felt coming here w/the knowledge and know how, I see some of you have I'd get a decent answer.
Here is my question, I'm in a very good 10 man guild, at best we have 15 solid raiders not 15 solid toons probably 25 toons but don't have the man power to do 25's. I like the poeple and for the most part content is pretty easy for us. We are still trying to down Sarth 3D which still to me and us is a hard fight. We are not uber and by no means are we a top 500 guild in the nation but I consider us a great 10 man guild.

My questions are; are others in the same position as me? By that I mean are those that have been successful at it in 10 or 25 man guilds? What Kind of DPS are you guys getting from your members out of the successful runs you've had?
I am usually that add and 3rd drake tank, I'm considered the best geared tank in the guild and our 3rd can't take the whelps and 3rd drakes hits.
Advice, suggestions and help would be very apperciated.

We have 1D on farm 2D every now and then w/the right group and 3D is still a mess at best.... :lol:
Chasey

Re: Sarth 3D advice and opinions...

Postby Belloc » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:05 am

It depends on your gear level, 10/25 man raid, and class composition.

If you're doing it on 10-man, you usually have to stack your raid a bit to get really good dps. Otherwise, you have to bring very specific classes so that everyone has the buffs and debuffs that they need.

If you're doing the 10-man, you'll want every dps to put out a minimum of 4k, pre-heroism. You can do it with less, but it will take you many many hours in practice. Even more DPS is really desirable.

I know that you said that you can't really pull off guild 25-mans, but you still need that gear. If you don't have it, don't bother. Naxx-25 is easy to pug and, really, you should have been doing it for a long time if you're serious about getting the harder content down. If you can't find pugs, then start your own.

Is your sig updated with your spec? No ret spec should be without at least 5 points in protection (for the strength talent). If you're serious about sarth 3D, you'll really want to get divine sacrifice as well. Best of luck!
Belloc

Re: Sarth 3D advice and opinions...

Postby Chasey » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Belloc thanks so much for the advice, just what I was looking for.
As for the sig....totally updated, I don't know how that one even go there, I've never been spec'd like that....lol

For me and my gear lvl I'm in most 213 w/the acceptions of my helm and weapons. I have done a ton w/my toon or as much as I can being in a 10 man guild.
I guess my question was or is can a true 10 man do this or do you need the DPS of 213 gear or higher? I know as we go into Ulduar and deeper this will be an easier encounter but I was just trying to get a general feel, what it took to do and is it possible.
Thanks again.
Chasey

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon