Remove Advertisements

The Auraiya pull

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: The Auraiya pull

Postby Seloei » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:32 am

If you are having trouble with aurayia pull then have the raid LoS inside the corner next to the stair, the 2 tanks who are picking up 2-3 of the cats stand at the stairs out of LoS also.
Have a hunter misdirect a tank who is almost down the ramp to the other side and disengage out of los (or just run to the rest of the raid). All tanks blow their shield wall equivalents on the pull, if you can survive the pounce and initial positioning your golden and the fight is retardedly easy. The only time a tank will die during a pull is IF all 4 cats try to pounce him while he has shield wall + last stand up.
After the 4 panthers are on tanks (one has two) you separate them from each other and burn them down with bloodlust, after 2-3 have died she will cast the first screech and everyone has to get infront of the boss and into the corner ( if they got thrown out from there ). After that, you finish off the last cat and pick up the feral defender. Just use taunts on the cat when he stops jumping, he rarely stays on anyone for more than 3s. Deathgrip him out or thunderstorm him out JUST before he dies.
Our group was : 4 tanks, 6 healers, 15 dps
(pala, pala, warrior, dk), (pala, pala, druid, druid, priest, shaman) and half melee/ranged.
Seloei

Postby Ahms » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:09 am

not sure how effective this would be in 25 man, but for 10 man one of our engies dropped a flame turret where she paths and then we hid behind the corner. she aggrod on turret and killed it and then they all just walked over to us behind the corner to the engy who just happened to also be our OT
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants

-Ahms of Mannoroth

Art - http://ahms.deviantart.com/
Ahms

Postby Notorius101 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:57 am

Ahms wrote:not sure how effective this would be in 25 man, but for 10 man one of our engies dropped a flame turret where she paths and then we hid behind the corner. she aggrod on turret and killed it and then they all just walked over to us behind the corner to the engy who just happened to also be our OT

This sounds like the Consecrate tactic, just drop the consecrate they walk into it, but you are LOS so they just walk over to you, each tank grab their targets. Basically the same thing but with a turret :D

See engineers and you guys said you had nothing of use :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Notorius101

Postby Dalithe » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:30 pm

Did this pull yesterday, it was quite a feat for us to get right at first. Ended up with War MT, Druid, DK, and Pally OT's. On the pull had the raid stand around the corner out of LOS. Then the DK tank dropped DND and came to us around the corner, I picked up 2 cats tanked where I was, War picked up boss, and the other 2 picked up one each then moved away from me.

It was much easier for me to control 2 mobs than the other tanks, and the 1st two went down extremely fast. Then we all huddled in the corner with a arms warrior behind her and the raid took the blasts while he would interrupt the 2nd cast, can't remember what it was, but it was takin' care of well because of him goin' bezerker fear immune to pummel her.

/r
Dal
Dalithe

Postby Equitas » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:24 pm

Easy pull tbh, tested 4 times, done killed her in the 4th try.

Tank lineup:
Prot Warri -> Auriaya
Prot Paladin 1 -> 2 Adds
Prot Paladin 2 -> 2 Adds

Send the warrior forward with full hots shield and wings. He pulls, the paladins need to exorise 1 mob and singletarget taunt the other one, with shieldwall on otherwise youre dead, really fast.

Then just tank and spank and done.

Just mark the mobs, keep one in your target and the other one with focus. Taunt the first one, and exorzise the second one. Then just proceed to tank them.

Damage dealers should do absolutely nothing until tanks are in position, takes about 6-8 seconds, then full dps with bloodlust.

Done.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Rorshach » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Our strat which worked on the last try of the night after wiping on her about 13 times.

DK MT.
Bear, Tankadin, Warrior OT spread out in a semi-circle on the platform.
Tankadin (me) in front of the stairs going up to Kolo.
Warrior in the space between the two platform circles where we kite her.
Bear on the outside edge of the circle near stairs going down to Auriya's pathway.

Raid hides in the corner between the stairs up to Kolo and the stairs down to where Auriya turns around on her patrol, has LOS on all 4 tanks but not on the boss + adds.

DK puts down DnD to aggro everything as they walk towards us.
3 Hunters MD 3 adds one to each tank, Warrior MT pulls 4th add with taunt.
Tanks blow all mitigation cooldowns just before adds hit.
Tankadin has first skull because my TPS is insane, burst down add 1.
Tankadin taunts Warrior's second add (doesn't matter which one) raid bursts it down too without having to move.
Raid moves to Warrior's add then Bear's add.

By this time we might have had one fear in between Warrior and Bear adds going down.

Kite Auriya around the platforms to ensure you are far enough away from void zones during fears. We even went down the stairs to the entrance to Hodir's tunnel. We only kill 3 spirits then let the last one run around as much as it likes as the damage buff has been reduced enough by the 3 deaths.

Fear ward rotation on the DK tank as well as 3 shamans with tremor totems in the tank + healing groups helps tons.

The spirit void zones are easy. DPS spirit down to about 10% then wait until it stops jumping around, taunt to where you want it then burst it down. Rinse repeat.

Enjoying my new Saronite Plated Legguards from Kologarn. The thing I noticed is that it has a lot more armour than usual for that level. ilvl 239 is only 2117, these are 2880. I like!

The thing that I love most about Ulduar is that we don't know it like the back of our hand like we did Naxx, and it's tough! Not impossible by any means, and some are very easy on non-hard mode but not Naxx25 easy. I am thoroughly enjoying this as we are going into these fights with only basic information and giving it our best.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Edited for spelling. Long night!
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Smite-Turalyon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:39 am

Lore wrote:Does she sentinel blast on 10man? We did it the other night and never even noticed it, figured it was 25man only.

The sentinel blast is piddly on 10man. Handling that opening round of cat pounce ownage was by far the hardest part of the encounter. We even got a bad fear and someone agro'd 2 of those stone things around that room and we tanked them off to the side for the last 8-10% and still managed to get the kill.
Smite-Turalyon

Postby Winchester » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:46 am

Our raid didn't have a hunter so we had to come up with some strange heal aggro tactic.

We had 4 tanks in the raid so we used them all. We spread each tank into a corner.

The pull:
A warlock lifetaps till he's low on health, then he pulls with an imp.
Then a healer and the warlock run out of line of sight near add tank 3 and the healer heals the warlock and gets heal aggro.
So when the pull is performed the mobs will run up the stairs towards the healer, and all of the tanks pop their cd's and pull a previously marked add. The boss tank tanks 1 add until the first one is dead.
When the 2nd add is dead the other 2 tanks move their adds clockwise after each add, until they are all dead.

We take the defender out 2-3 times, and move to the other side in case there are too many black spots.

We tried, too many tactics to count, and this one was the one tactic that allowed us to escape without a tank getting raped by the pounces.
Seal of Posting
220 Mana
Instant Cast
Fills the paladin with the urge to troll, granting each post a chance of luls.
Only one seal can be active on the paladin at any one time.

Unleashing this seal will bump your thread.
Winchester
Maintankadonor

Postby Equitas » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:11 am

Winchester wrote:We tried, too many tactics to count, and this one was the one tactic that allowed us to escape without a tank getting raped by the pounces.

Try kicking your healers out of the raid... or make them precast.
Of the Nightfall - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Winchester » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:26 am

Equitas wrote:
Winchester wrote:We tried, too many tactics to count, and this one was the one tactic that allowed us to escape without a tank getting raped by the pounces.

Show me healers that can heal through 4 adds pouncing + boss hitting the maintank at the same time and i'll consider it.
Seal of Posting
220 Mana
Instant Cast
Fills the paladin with the urge to troll, granting each post a chance of luls.
Only one seal can be active on the paladin at any one time.

Unleashing this seal will bump your thread.
Winchester
Maintankadonor

Postby Falibard » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:34 am

I have only done this on 10 man so far, but I've done it on two toons. The first time I was on my Pally tank and just stood at the top of the stairs and just hid behind the little wall and Avenger's Shield pulled, OT taunted one, easy as pie. Tried the same thing on my DK and it was absurdly difficult. If a hunter MD'd on add would instagib him, if I used DnD to pull and it didn't pulse at the right time healer aggro would pull them, it was bad. It occurs to me now that you could theoretically have a paladin bubble+taunt pull couldn't you? Just have a pally Bubble + Hand of Reckoning then have the tanks right behind them to pick them up right away.

In my head its a good plan...
Falibard

Postby Racerover » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:46 am

Guardian Spirit the tank, run in, nuke adds grouped together with full cooldowns popped. Win.
Racerover

Postby Equitas » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:29 am

Winchester wrote:
Equitas wrote:

Show me healers that can heal through 4 adds pouncing + boss hitting the maintank at the same time and i'll consider it.

I got healed through 3 cats hitting on me until the other tank responded to take his with exo/taunt.
I had wings, Pain suppression and Bubblewall up aswell as a retribution paladin with Bubble and Sacrifice/guardian 2 min talent shit.

Dmg was easy healable :) and makes the pull alot easier. And btw you need to react faster, if you have 4 cats on you the pull went wrong its that simple. It takes a while to get it right, we send our MT1 (warri) to the front while me and my prot buddy exo/taunt them. Tank them and done :)

Its really all about execution.
Of the Nightfall - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby inthedrops » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:39 am

There have been a lot of useful things posted here. But I want to chime in a second time and emphasize that you can completely avoid the pounces by LoS'ing the whole raid and being out of the short range of pounce. Yes, completely avoid any pounces.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Rorshach » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:53 am

inthedrops wrote:There have been a lot of useful things posted here. But I want to chime in a second time and emphasize that you can completely avoid the pounces by LoS'ing the whole raid and being out of the short range of pounce. Yes, completely avoid any pounces.

Could you explain the strat a little more explicitly or did I miss a previous post of yours?
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon