What would be the minimum dps threshold for Ulduar?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: What would be the minimum dps threshold for Ulduar?

Postby Mert » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:59 am

We downed him on ten-man last night. Our highest DPS was an Unholy DK who did around 5.8k and our lowest was an Affliction Warlock on 2.7k, though to be fair on the poor Lock, he seemed to get hit by Light/Gravity bomb just about every other cast.

I'd say we averaged 4k or so across the five DPS, plus around 2k from myself who was tanking the boss. We saved our Heroism unti the third hearth phase, at which point the OT brought the pummelers over and began nuking the heart and all the healers started spamming it as well, except for occasionally topping up the OT. Got him down with about 40 seconds left before enrage.

It's definitely a gear check fight, but it's really one of those where if anyone goes down at any point, you more or less need to consider it a wipe. At least until we're all better geared.
Mert

Re: What would be the minimum dps threshold for Ulduar?

Postby Smite-Turalyon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:26 am

My guild downed him last night on 10man, we used 2tanks/2healers/6dps. Had an elemental shaman and shadow priest handle each side of the adds and the melee helped if scrapbots got close. OT just picked up the pummelers and tanked them the whole time, we blew hero on first heart phase (we found our 2 add controllers were only really able to dps in the first phase as adds would need to be taken care of from then on) and dropped him with about 20-30seconds to go before enrage. Our dps averages were ~2500 (holy pali went alt spec and sucked the wang) to 3750.

As far as I remember this is the only fight we've come close to an enrage and have dropped up to Auriya (sp??), fights seem more about execution and more healer intensive than anything. We're also primarily a 10man guild and are nowhere near full ilevel223.
Smite-Turalyon

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon