Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Yogg Saron

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Yogg Saron

Postby Merodyn » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:17 pm

Pretty fun fight :) havent downed it yet though, but hopefully tomorrow.

A advice for a new tankadin on offtank duty in phase 1, if u dont wanna get whine from the tank who drags the guardians to "sara", use seal of blood(so u dont have a dot ticking when the other tank taunts and run) and never pull with taunt unless its absolutely necessary, Diminishing Returns ftl. Also remember that the mobs blow up, so tank them outside the raid when phase 2 begins.

A thing that helped us also, is to try and get an extra add ASAP in the beginning of phase 1, so melee dps always have something to hit.

Phase 2, pretty much dps stuff i guess, and interrupt the caster tentacles if u can(hammer/shield)

About phase 3 i got no experience yet.

[edited by Worldie - fixed title, tags please]
ImageImage
Merodyn

Re: Yogg Saron

Postby Mutley » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:09 pm

We just all pulled our own mobs to Sara, not have tank one standing there taunting it all. Causes far less problems with DR on taunts and no need to cut yourself with SoB.

Getting a 2nd add up as fast as you can is idd a good idea, we had our druid dash in to spawn one asap.
Mutley
Vek'nilash EU
Mutley

Postby Teloc » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:47 pm

We where trying to pull our own down there as well. We managed to get to phase 2 a few times. But it was a pain when the tank got M/C and the add ran back to the raid.
Teloc

Postby kram » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:42 pm

on 10 man we basically just had everyone dodge gas and tanked all adds right on sera, we only used one tank though.
kram

Postby Markoh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:02 am

We had 2 tanks (one a feral) because the adds start to come too fast for one tank and will get messy if you use one. Also if you are struggling on p1 bring an extra ranged dps, we did this and went from getting to p2 50% of the time to having him dead within 2 attempts.

I'll probably make a "guide" for him later today like I did with maly 10.
Markoh

Postby Teloc » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:54 am

Markoh we are going to try that strat tonight, the two tanks are gonna be in the middle pulling the adds down to sara. See if that helps, we were running down as the tanks cause well some of our dps is fail and can't move from the slow ass cloud of doom.
Teloc

Postby Markoh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:32 am

We actually alternated adds, so you don't have to stand in the middle the whole time. One other tip is that having to wait and go the long way around clouds infinitaly better than touching a cloud to get the add to the middle. Also the dps req isn't that tight in p1, we did melee on the outside dps them down and then the tank takes it to the middle where the ranged blows it up. While the 1st tank is in the middle blowing Sara up the 2nd tank moves to the next add.
Markoh

Postby Barsine » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:27 am

So, I have usually no problem doing my duty in p1, with a bit of yelling at certain trigger-happy ranged dpsers. But in p2 I'm feeling rather useless as a protadin. Usually I run around and HoP people on contrictored people, cleanse and throw and occasional heal if someone is low. Other than that I'm pretending to do prot dps. :/

How do others deal with p2? Do you equip healing weap+shield and go fulltime healing or do you do as much dps as possible?
Barsine

Postby Markoh » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:50 am

Tank the crusher's, a single healer is more than enough to keep you up. With you on the crushers they won't be able to channel there -20% dmg debuff.
Markoh

Postby Splug » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:35 am

The corruptor tentacles can be interrupted and silenced (and with Mimiron up, the cast time is extremely slow). If one of your tanks can interrupt, putting them on the corruptors and the other tank on the crushers is advisable to suppress both debuffs in my opinion. Just watch to be sure the corruptor tank moves if he gets linked to the crusher tank.

Also, those crusher tentacles can get pretty viscious toward the end. Most of the time that buff doesn't get too bad but once in a while I had them randomly swing for 30k+.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Barsine » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Ye, I ended up just nuking the corrupters and constrictors.
Barsine

Postby Seloei » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:25 pm

Tanking crushers might work on 10 man, but in 25 man with 99 stacks they hit for 40-45k EACH swing every 1s with mimirons aura up. So they are basicly untankable.

Does anyone have any idea how to handle the stacking raid damage debuff in 25 man, since it is impossible to tank those?
We decided that if there is a second spawn a tank will go and swing at it so he doesnt cast a second -20% aura and stops hitting every once in a while.

Also, is there an enrage timer or not? some said its 15 minutes, some said it's 5 minutes after p3, some said there is none?

There is no useful guide for 25 mans anywhere, and you can't make out a lot from a tank perspective from all the vids out there :/
Seloei

Postby kram » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Seloei wrote:Tanking crushers might work on 10 man, but in 25 man with 99 stacks they hit for 40-45k EACH swing every 1s with mimirons aura up. So they are basicly untankable.

Does anyone have any idea how to handle the stacking raid damage debuff in 25 man, since it is impossible to tank those?
We decided that if there is a second spawn a tank will go and swing at it so he doesnt cast a second -20% aura and stops hitting every once in a while.

Also, is there an enrage timer or not? some said its 15 minutes, some said it's 5 minutes after p3, some said there is none?

There is no useful guide for 25 mans anywhere, and you can't make out a lot from a tank perspective from all the vids out there :/

You shouldnt really get a 2nd -20% aura, if you are youre probably falling behind on crushers. A tank or anyone can run in and interrupt the channel then step out and just keep running in and out to help remove the debuff so long as the stack isnt above 30-40 on 25man.

P2 tanks dont do much, go do some bad dps to a corrupter and interrupt some casts on them (you can hoj, AS, arcane torrent) or help cleanse the raid.

I wouldnt worry about any enrage timer Im not sure if there is one or not, I know bigwigs has a timer for one but its not correct iirc. Youre more likely to get overwhelmed and wipe before you hit a enrage.
kram

Postby Seloei » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Yeah, the main reason why we were 'falling behind' was since the ranged dps was too slow on moving to the other side to dps the new one and by then a second one had spawned by the time they reached it. Too slow moving on the raid was what got multiple auras up.

But... do you have all ranged burn the biggest add, and the melee break the grabbers and then kill the cursers? With 9 melee + 1 healer going into the portal as soon as its up, even if theres adds from p1?
Our main reason of failure is one word : Chaos. Noone knows what the hell they are supposed to do.
Seloei

Postby Barsine » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:41 pm

kram wrote:I wouldnt worry about any enrage timer Im not sure if there is one or not, I know bigwigs has a timer for one but its not correct iirc. Youre more likely to get overwhelmed and wipe before you hit a enrage.

Wowwiki says that there's a 5min enrage timer in phase 3, but I'm almost certain we spend more than 5 min in that phase on the kill so.
Barsine

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon