Remove Advertisements

Hodir and Frost Resist

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Hodir and Frost Resist

Postby inthedrops » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:54 am

Kind Rasmfrackn,
Many thanks for the filtering example and breakdown. It all makes perfect sense now.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Alanyor » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:00 pm

I luv Aura Mastery. Tank had zero frost resi, I used Frost Resi Aura with Aura Mastery at Frozen Blows. 260 FR is enough, at least in 10 man. :)
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby Drae » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:17 am

Tanked it easily on 25 in standard boss tanking gear with no frost resist on it, jumped up and down constantly, and saved bubblewall/trinkets/pain suppression for when he got frozen blows. Obviously had someone else providing frost resist aura and gotw. Dunno what all this crap about the frost nova ability is, but I just freedomed myself straight away every time I got it (already bound for easy access due to pvp).
Drae

Postby Lisson » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:49 am

may have hotfix'd it? we got to it our first night of raiding (tuesday our servers were down all night with consistant crash's)

about 2 pm ST is when we were on hodir and i never took dmg from a single frozen blows attack. ill try to find a wws but i dont think we got one cuz the person that always does it wasnt online at the time.

but if they changed it thats something i need to look into next week.

sorry for any false info i gave if its been changed/untrue whatever.

GL in Ulduar
Lisson

Postby Greengo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:22 am

Worldie wrote:(..)I'd just need to swap one of the two stam trinkets for Repelling Charge and poof, 33k HP unbuffed, 50%ish pure avoidance, 15%ish block, 510+ FrR.

SS or it didn't happen.
Greengo

Postby inthedrops » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:16 am

Greengo wrote:
Worldie wrote:(..)I'd just need to swap one of the two stam trinkets for Repelling Charge and poof, 33k HP unbuffed, 50%ish pure avoidance, 15%ish block, 510+ FrR.

SS or it didn't happen.

He 's not the kind of person to intentionally mislead anyone.

I took a look at the stats I use and have the following without any buffs except frost aura:
Health 33.3k.
Defense 541
Pure Avoidance 50.6%
Block 14.48% (1033 BV)
FrR: 417

I have the three crafted pieces and no ring. His numbers seem in line with things.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Greengo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:51 am

I apologize Worldie.
Posted too fast, just checked once again for 33k hp pool and I see that your stats are possible to reach (currently got high sta set for hodir with 34614 hp / 510 fr with aura, but poor avoidance - 44% only, cause of resi and sta gems).
Sorry once again.
Greengo

Postby nutron » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:48 am

Tanked it with no frost resist whatsover. This is a threat fight if youre trying for hard mode, resist gear is not gonna cut it.
nutron

Postby Ardrhyst » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:25 pm

In this thread, it seems to be stated that there is no benefit to having resistance between 340 and 510, but in the viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17296 thread it states 415 as the desired "cap."

Who is wrong here? Is 415 desirable at all?
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Equitas » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:41 pm

25 Man today.

Warrior tank = fail

I tank with my hp gear, 33.2K unbuffed with t8.25 chest now :P

Just tank and spank really, and move to the iceberg shit when he flash freezes, done.

No need for FR.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Seloei » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:30 am

Hand of Freedom no longer works on live, it was probably a bug on ptr.
We had our resto druid pick out his offspec feral gear since he had a full frost resist set ready for Sarth and he was supposed to pick him up when he gains frozen blows. After i got twated instantly after frozen blows he picked him up and tanked him to 8% on our 2. try. Next try, i went ret and he tanked him from start to end.

The mechanics are odd, could've sworn i got a few hits with him having frozen blows up earlier that only hit me for 6k frost damage or no frost damage at all, and then wham, 40k frost damage hit + 4k melee.
Seloei

Postby kensanity » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Worldie wrote:20 resi on chest does wonders.

Also 20 resi gem, stam/resi gem, def/dodge gem, next.

I'm making this set with the ring just in case i ever have to OT on 25 man. How do I know (if my defense isn't at 540) whether i've gemmed enough resil to cover the defense minimum?

Also, how are u enchanting the helm, and the boots.
kensanity

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Just make sure the sum of the crit reduction from defense and resilience is > 5.6%
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby kensanity » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:59 pm

Whoa snap! I made the four crated pieces, gemmed blue and belt buclke with stam, yellow with stam/resil or 20 resil, and red with agi/resil! Rocking like 34k life and more than 6 percent crit reduction without defense trinket! Worldie u a smart dude
kensanity

Postby nicolax » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:41 pm

I solo tanked Hodir last week for our first kill with 3 pieces of frost gear (chest-belt-boots), easy but problem with tps.

I tried again this week with only the chest piece, and i had no problem tps or mitigation wise. Very easy fight overall but the hard mode seems hard to do :)
nicolax

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon