Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Mimiron Phase 4 Dark Glare

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Mimiron Phase 4 Dark Glare

Postby Salamandra » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:20 pm

There's another thread which I suspect was on the same subject, but it was poorly worded and got locked. Can't see anything else on it.

When Mimiron uses Shockwave thing, he often uses Laser Barrage immediately after. I can't seem to avoid this, since he's moving towards me as he uses it and I end up getting instagibbed. How do you not get hit by Laser Barrage while tanking him?
Salamandra

Re: [10/25] Mimiron Phase 4 Dark Glare

Postby Equitas » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:12 am

They usually come parallel to each other, when the shockwave comes move back 15 meters, and when its done instantly back in to him.

The Dark glare is independant from the leviathan in its allignment, only in its positioning its dependant from the tank. Basically what you need to do is, have someone who is watching the middle section tell in venti when the dark glare is coming your way, in that case you need to run right through him onto the other side, immediately, or run around, otherwise you are dead.

We wiped on p4 yesterday a lot, but we raided for 9 hours straight, and mimirion trash took us an hour... (sapper gnome WTF?)

I recommend you save bloodlust for P4 and bring your best dps with you, this fight in P4 isnt to hard, but it requires a lot of healing, and a lot of dmg.

Good luck
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Lisson » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:35 pm

The first dark glare and shock blast come at the same time. to prevent him from moving (keeping him in the middle of the room) i DP and got a PS and stood through the shock. if he started dark glare on me, i shifter 10~ steps to the right to prevent me from being effected by dark glare.

after the first, they generally didnt happen at the same time, so i just ran out from shocks and walked him back to the middle (avoiding mines) and at a certain point, the ret pally would bubble and run through all the mines (popping divine sac/hand of sac to help the raid at the same time))

the part i hate about P4 is when ur tanking, he sometimes rides up on ur face, covering your toon and this prevents u from seeing the animation for the rockets under you. died 3-4 times because of that crap.
Lisson

Postby Kihra » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:27 am

I plan to test this tomorrow, but I am curious if it is possible to bubble the Shock Blast and Dark Glare that come together. It seems like bubble taunt would allow you to stay in for the Shock Blast and avoid moving him during the Dark Glare.
Kihra

Postby Lisson » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:56 am

wasnt an issue for us. if the chest is staring at you, strafe to the right like any melee would to avoid it, but dont strafe out of his melee range, u dont want him moving, just shifting his lower part to look at you. just bubble wall/PS or GS to survive the blast.
Lisson

Postby Janduin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:25 am

Yeah, not an issue, just run out away from the glare. Another option is to just make sure you are on the side away from the glare and get a Guardian Spirit from a priest. We had 3 holy priests so we did that when they were available. The most annoying thing for me in phase 4 was that the hitbox seems to be such that I can't see when rockets target me, so I just moved every time he launched them.

Also: You can bubble and taunt the shock blast if you know you won't get out in time for whatever reason.
Janduin

Postby Rojhaz » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:59 am

Baby Spice the Leviathan for P4 to help see rockets. Like others have said, just blow cooldowns and eat the shockblasts to keep him from moving with Dark Glare.
Rojhaz

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon