What would be the minimum dps threshold for Ulduar?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

What would be the minimum dps threshold for Ulduar?

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:39 am

My raid group has decided not to push into Ulduar right off the bat but we would still like to know what we must expect from our DPS before going in when we decide to.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Re: What would be the minimum dps threshold for Ulduar?

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:45 am

10 or 25 man?

I haven't been in yet (will do tomorrow) but one of my good friends told me that their dps was all doing over 3k and they beat an enrage timer by only 20 seconds. This was the 10 man version. I'm not sure who the boss was though.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:01 pm

OK, 3k DPS, makes sense - what about 25?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:40 pm

Klaudandus wrote:OK, 3k DPS, makes sense - what about 25?

I haven't the foggiest I'm afraid.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Jonlo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:05 pm

4k minimum (4.5k I'd say) Or you're not going anywhere past XT-002 Deconstructor.

That's a standing still, fighting patchwerk type minimum. If you can't put 4k down on Patchwerk as a DPS, and have much higher dps players in the guild, it will be hard.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Varmin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:23 pm

If your guild is in full 25man gear there really should be no reason they aren't in the 5-6k+ range.
4.5k is probably around a minimum for most of the fights. But, tbh your dps should be 5.5k+
Varmin

Postby Jonlo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:16 pm

Varmin wrote:If your guild is in full 25man gear there really should be no reason they aren't in the 5-6k+ range.
4.5k is probably around a minimum for most of the fights. But, tbh your dps should be 5.5k+

That's what I'm getting at. There's no excuse for anything less than 4k and that's a bare absolute minimum, if you have other people at 6k+
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Varmin wrote:If your guild is in full 25man gear there really should be no reason they aren't in the 5-6k+ range.

Sadly, they're not - We're a casual guild and our time window for raiding is between 3 and 4 hours per week to raid, we're able to clear the 4 wings but normally we run out of time by the time we clear 'em.

we'll see what we can do - the best members (including me) might have to split up and start ulduar10, that is at least doable at this stage and is something I'll have to let my RL know (since he does want to do Ulduar)
---
Klaudandus

Postby Duzzit » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:55 pm

4.5k + in ulduar. or xt wont like you.

Duzzit

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:15 pm

Duzzit wrote:4.5k + in ulduar. or xt wont like you.

Assume a regular raid with 3 tanks and 7 healers, this leaves space for 15 DPS.

XT has 25kk HP, and a enrage timer of 6 minutes. I will assume that the time you spend DPSing the heart balances the time lost killing adds, moving, etc. (p.s. we almonst involotarly activated the hard mode in 10 men, got the heart at 1%, got the boss down by like 20% >< )

25kk HP / 6 minutes = 69444 DPS / 15 DPS = 4629 DPS each (ignoring tank DPS) to beat the enrage timer. It's actually less than that, since the time on the heart is significant due to the 1:4 ratio of damage transferred with the heart taking additional damage, so assume anyway at least 4k DPS each in heroic.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tribune » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:39 pm

We have had an odd week of stuff coming up and we finally got into Ulduar tonight. We had people have real life stuff come up and d/c. After much fun and death we killed Flame Leviathan (I think we were down to 21). Since it is a vehicle fight it mainly take learning. So if your guild comes to the decision that they are not ready for Ulduar and the XT-002 Deconstructor, I would suggest killing Flame Leviathan for fun anyway.
Tribune

Postby Minarva » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:30 am

We have killed XT with an average dps of 3.7k, blowing heroism on the heart and nuking it down as best as we can. It gets it to like 15% and we continue on boss. We have a frost mage (duel specced especially) and a rogue on each of the "northern" sides near the stairs and we kill the bottom adds just before they arrive. Ulduar can be forgiving on your dps, but you will need to constantly work around it.

(currently at Thorim)
Minarva

Postby Epimer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:09 pm

After a night spent wiping in XT (including a really painful 0% wipe with him at 80k health), I can tell you that having two folks in the raid doing 2.7k dps doesn't cut it. Our top 2 were at or around 4k, the third around 3.7ish, and then those two. No problems bursting the heart down to 10% with a Heroism in the first heart phase, but just didn't have the sustained dps to beat the enrage.

It was a fairly painful learning evening.
Epimer

Postby Amran20 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:31 pm

Really? My guild did it, top DPS 4K, 2nd, 3700, third and 4th, 2600, 5th 1900 for pure DPSers, and we beat the enrage by about 20 seconds =P We had 2 tanks, 5 dps, and 3 healers.

Edit: Did you guys DPS the pummelers or something?
Edit2: Or like not DPSing the heart on the 2nd and 3rd heart phases? I can't figure this out, you guys rocked us in pretty much every sense of the word, yet didn't get a kill.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Threatco » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:10 pm

If you bring 2 tanks 3 heals 10 man.

My estimate is 3 k dps average from the 5 dps would be good enough. +/- 500 perhaps.

Living long enough to get to the enrage timer is the hard part.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon