Remove Advertisements

mechanar, Capacitus?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

mechanar, Capacitus?

Postby Sinthoras » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:39 am

Hi there Pallys,

I am glad about having found this nice forum! I am prot pally since lvl 27 having hit lvl 70 2 weeks ago. Out of the lvl 70 instances I have only have tried tanking steamvault and SH until now.

I have a question about mechanar, first boss the mechanolord Capazitus ! I am really not sure how to tank him! There are those 2 phases red and green, once stop casting and once stop physical dmg.
What do I have to do in those 2 phases?? Because I passively always make spell-dmg, right? I would be thankful 4 your advice!

greetz!
Sinthoras

Postby Ingerimm » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:46 am

As far as I remember (your) reflective damage is not affected by reflection abilities of mobs. Just remember to stop autoattacking when the physical dmg shield is up, and it's better not to judge if the spell shield is up, as judgements get reflected.
Ingerimm - 80 - Eredar EU - 0/53/18
http://armorylite.com/eu/eredar/ingerimm
Ingerimm

Postby Suikano » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:48 am

It's really not that hard, you're overthinking it.
In the anti melee-phase just turn off auto attack.
In the anti-spell phase don't cast any judgements/offensive spells or put up seals that are holy/damage in nature.

There's also a spot by the bottom of the stairs that's a really nice spot to tank him in for safety but it's a little hard to describe in a forum ;).
Suikano

Postby Sinthoras » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:12 am

Thanks for your quick answers ! Does it mean, as long as physical dmg shield is up, that I can only stand in front of him doing nothing but judge as often as I can?
I am afraid to loose aggro especially in the spell dmg shield phase but the best thing will be just to try myself, right? :)

I have often seen tanks (when I played another char) tanking the boss on the highest of those boxes next to the ramp , allowing another groupmate to pull, can I do that as Pally too on the box?
Sinthoras

Postby Quean » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:01 am

Does he reflect Holy Vengeance if you use SoV? I assume so...otherwise I'd imagine SPriests and Locks wouldn't have much reason to stop attacking =p
Quean

Postby Dorvan » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:09 am

SoR is not reflected by most magic reflective shields, including this one as I recall. AoE damage (i.e. consecrate) is also not reflected.

As others have said, it's just:

Physical reflect
auto-attack off
consecrate
holy shield
can use judgment if you turn off auto attack again right after

Magic reflect
Do everything you'd normally do except judge.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Tiandelin » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:30 am

If you're Horde, JoB should work through his spell shield too, though it's not likely to be necessary anyway.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Suikano » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:50 am

Just remember, judgement activates autoattack! turn it off the instant you judge.
Suikano

Postby Invisusira » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:21 pm

Just stop attacking when it's damage reflect, and stop judging when it's spell reflect. Winner!
Invisusira

Postby Sinthoras » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:17 pm

Thank you all for your comments ! This Boss no longer concerns me now I am looking forward for my first mecha run tanking;)
But did anyone tried to tank him on the boxes ? Or is it better to pull him besides the ground of the ramp?
Sinthoras

Postby Invisusira » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:41 pm

I stand on the ramp, yeah.
Invisusira

Postby Kroda » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:42 am

hmm

I usually just keep attack on and don't worry about it. Healers keep me up and I keep generating aggro from the non-melee portion of my hits.

I just don't judge during the spell reflect part
Kroda

Postby Tresjynn » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:53 am

I much prefer this fight on Heroic mode. Yeah, he adds an enrage mechanic, but the matching-debuffs-to-multiply-damage part is cooler, and he loses both reflective shields.
Two accounts, two tankadins! Raaar.
Tresjynn

Postby Pallise » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:02 am

On normal mode I just switched to SoL or SoW when he starts doing spell reflect (same with all Spell Reflecting bosses) and attack as normal when he has his melee damage shield up. Im not sure if he reflects SoR tbh, but I have used SoV on a spell reflecting boss in Mana tombs or SV (cant remember which one) before and I ended up with it on me.
Pallise

Postby Dorvan » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:46 am

Tresjynn wrote:I much prefer this fight on Heroic mode. Yeah, he adds an enrage mechanic, but the matching-debuffs-to-multiply-damage part is cooler, and he loses both reflective shields.

Wait, he has an enrage on heroic? I never noticed
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics