Remove Advertisements

[10/25] XT-002

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] XT-002

Postby PsiVen » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:11 am

From what we saw in 10-man last night, 1 heart phase = exactly 25% of XT's health. But you can't take him all the way, because if you kill the heart he goes into hard mode. To complete the 205 second kill achievement, we burned down his heart to 10%, whacked him for a few seconds until the next heart phase, and repeated. Gotta be able to keep up with the scrapbots, as more than 1-2 hitting him can ruin the achievement time.

Hard mode looks fun, but the enrage timer seems crazy tight.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby trellian » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:20 am

If you dps him hard enough to the next 25% (heart) fase, he will not do a tantrum.
This will greatly increase the ease at which you do this encounter.
trellian

Postby Falibard » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:46 am

CountZero wrote:If you do enough damage to the heart you can get him below 50% when the heart phase ends. Then the next heart phase starts immediately. We did this last night and the fight became very easy this way. In the second heart phase we didn't have heroism so when the phase ends he had around 35%.

My group for 10 man actually had the opposite thing happen. On one attempt we dps'd the heart to ~5% when he came out he popped right back into heart phase, but then we had the issue of adds getting out of control and causing a wipe.

What eventually work for our group was to use cooldowns on the first heart, BL the second, by the third most cooldowns were up again and when he pops out you can execute/hammer of wrath/etc.
Falibard

Postby discerpo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:00 am

Tank spot has a nice vid on this "Heart Burn" method
Discerpo-Unholy/Blood Troll DK
Horde-Gorefiend

Vindicated wrote: The hell? this is the internet, where I've been over 18 since I was 12.
discerpo

Postby Belloc » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:21 am

Falibard wrote:
CountZero wrote:If you do enough damage to the heart you can get him below 50% when the heart phase ends. Then the next heart phase starts immediately. We did this last night and the fight became very easy this way. In the second heart phase we didn't have heroism so when the phase ends he had around 35%.

My group for 10 man actually had the opposite thing happen. On one attempt we dps'd the heart to ~5% when he came out he popped right back into heart phase, but then we had the issue of adds getting out of control and causing a wipe.

What eventually work for our group was to use cooldowns on the first heart, BL the second, by the third most cooldowns were up again and when he pops out you can execute/hammer of wrath/etc.

That doesn't sound like the opposite at all. What happened to you was exactly what happened to him (except you had trouble dealing with adds).
Belloc

Postby Falibard » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:05 am

Belloc wrote:
Falibard wrote:

What eventually worked for our group was to use cooldowns on the first heart, BL the second, by the third most cooldowns were up again and when he pops out you can execute/hammer of wrath/etc.

That doesn't sound like the opposite at all. What happened to you was exactly what happened to him (except you had trouble dealing with adds).

Wouldn't that be the opposite result? It made it easier for his group, but caused problems for mine?

I can definitely see the merit in the "heart burn" method, I'm just having trouble visualizing how it would work effectively. If dps has to pull off to deal with the adds then you're losing the effectiveness of back to back heart phases. Hmm I'm gonna try to find that Tankspot video someone mentioned.

Edit: I watched the TankSpot heartburn video. Looks totally feasible on 25 man, my group (10) had a bit of trouble doing it that way. For us, burning the heart to about 20% left enough health on the boss gave us more time to control adds, it unfortunately had the side effect of us getting more tantrums that we would like. But hey, it was the first week... we'll only get better at it. :D
Falibard

Postby Legatø » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:30 pm

The only way that we were able to get him down on 25 was with the heart dps. We Lusted on the 1st heart, and got him right into the second. This can be a bit dangerous, however because of scrap bots coming into the mix after two adds phases. <3 Imp blizzard and good mages.

Someone posted up a bit ago about a trick for tantrum. When I OT'd the fight, both me and the ret made macro's for Divine Shield + Divine Sacrifice. Makes the SO much easier.
Slightly insane, and not prepared Guild Leader of Dragonblight's Hope Rides Alone 10 man Guild

80 Blood Elf paladin. Enjoys long walks on the beach, sunsets, and smashing people's faces in with a large piece of shiny metal.
Legatø

Location: Pennsyltucky. That part of the state that is Arkansas between Philli and Harisburg.

Postby Seloei » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:38 am

XT-002 does Tympanic Tantrum about 75 seconds after pull and after he finishes the heartmode.

We did it pre-nerf with 3 healers ( pala(mt), priest(raid), druid (melee) and 2 tanks ( warrior, pala ) and just burned the hell out of him with bloodlust on the first 25%. He went to heartmode, and we burned the heart down to 5-10% before it ended and then everyone aoe'd the adds, and if any got into melee range, those were taken care of by them. If any adds were even close to the boss, our elem shamans / fire mages / boomkin used their aoe pushback move to clear em out from there.

If you have the dps to burn the heart to less than 20% and not hit a tantrum at the start, you can remove it altogether from the equation if you are not doing hardmode. Just focus on aoe'ng the adds before hitting the next heart phase, or you will get swarmed.
Seloei

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon