The Auraiya pull

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

The Auraiya pull

Postby Janduin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:42 am

Anyone have a failsafe way to do this on 25-man? 10-man I just used Divine Protection and pulled, 25-man someone always seems to get gibbed.
Janduin

Re: The Auraiya pull

Postby Barsine » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Dunno if you call it failsafe, but we did it like this:
- 4 tanks, warrior MT, warrior OT, protadin and feral druid.
Basically, we just stood in a square before the pull, with maybe 20-30y between each one of us. Then we all poped shield wall and all that shit before the boss actually reached us. We also had wings up on the MT since he's taking all the first 4 pounces. Each one of the tank then taunted 1 tiger each. And after that the fight begins. :p
It's really important that the MT takes the first pounces though (or anyone with wings really) since you get totally raped by them.
Barsine

Postby Karnah » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:35 pm

We distracted 2 of the kitties as they were walking away. I then took those as my targets, shield wall, (indestructible potion), and frisbee ho. Hopefully the other tank should have his 2 by the time theyre in the area!
Karnah

Postby PsiVen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:06 pm

How we did it:

Boss tanked at the edge of the stairs, facing the raid which is hiding in the cubby to LoS pounces. One tank OTs 2 panthers off to the side, the other pulls 2 panthers into the raid to kill immediately.

The pull:

MT blows every cooldown and hits boss as she turns away
Every tank pops shieldwall before the adds get in range.
OT1 takes an MD + attacks the other one to pick it up.
OT2 takes another MD + attacks the other one.

It worked fairly well for us, but it was still definitely the hardest part of the fight. The adds themselves die within seconds, as long as you can survive that long. The hard mode for this fight will be nuts.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby james31 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:42 am

Got dragged along to this fight last night in 25 man. Our daytime players had cleared this in 10 man so set up the tacs, so there's some things I don't understand. Was on my priest and healing so I missed a lot of details.

Sentinel Blast is listed both as instant cast and 2s cast on WOWHead. Is it interruptible? We might have been doing this anyway.

Terrifying Screech is also a cast time. Is this interruptible?

Now I've had a night's sleep to think about it, was thinking of slapping a MD on a hunter's pet that's some way away, literally 80 yards away and putting down an explosive trap. Then have the tanks taunt them as they run past us. That's assuming that pounce is aggro based.
Infamous Guild :: Outland :: http://www.infamousguild.com
james31

Postby Janduin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:19 am

Sentinel Blast is interruptible and really must be interrupted on 25-man, Terrfying screech is not.

As for followup on Auraiya pull, these are all great ideas. What ended up working best for us was:

Auraiya and her cats 3/4 the way down the stairs, me at far side of inner circle. Hit consecrate, run up stairs and around corner. They hit consecrate, aggro me but I'm LoS. I pop Divine Protection as they come around the corner but it's not really necessary as there are no pounces. One tank grabs 2 adds off me quick and moves away, the other grab Auraiya. 2-shot after we started pulling with this method.
Janduin

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:09 am

Misdirects: Hunters and Rogues aren't that useless.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby inthedrops » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:01 am

Regrettably, I wasn't in the fight last night but our raid definitely struggled with the pull for a long while. From what I can tell from listening and reading is that timing matters. You can get lucky or unlucky it seems too. Consistency could take a while while people figure out timing.

We tried MD thing for a while but most of the time the hunter would get pounced by something. Probably bad timing somewhere.
Tried a snake trap, same. Probably bad timing somewhere.
Tried combination of taunts and MD's, same. Probably bad timing somewhere.
Tried pally bubble technique, same. Probably bad timing somewhere.

In the end, the raid appears to finally get consistent when the entire raid but the hunter dropping an agro trap went LoS about 6 yards from the edge of the stairs.....just inside the short range of pounce. As soon as the adds came up the stairs and became LoS to the tanks they each taunted their target. All tanks also blow cooldowns on the pull.

This resulted in pull consistency so that they were able to kill the boss in a couple attempts.

HTH sorry for lack of detail.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Mithos » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:51 am

We fought her on the left side (near where the first 2 trash mobs are) and had a rogue distract 2 of the adds when she was about 5-10 seconds from engaging us. We then had the MT pull the boss and a hunter MD the 2 non distracted adds to an OT out of LoS and semi-far away.

At this point, there are still 2 adds IN THE BACK which were MD'd to me, who was out of LoS with the rest of the raid in the little area next to the stairs. This way, the adds only ever had 1 stack of imbaness and were not as much of a threat. We had Auraiya facing the raid in the corner, with the raid moving out of the corner and into the main platform when the first 2 adds were dead (and the boss rotated accordingly). The other 2 adds were then brought forward and killed. If all is ok, at this point I would taunt an add off the other OT to spread them out again, completely removing the stacking damage buff.

Our problems were that sometimes the MT would just die from a pounce (can instruct him to use Shield wall though), a hunter maybe dies from a pounce due to slighly early MD or the MD doesn't work as we would like and theres an add running about slapping people or 3 adds in one place (not a disaster, but causes lots of panic :D).

This seems a bit complex, could be a slightly easier way of doing it but not sure. How are people dealign with the feral defender btw? We are not sure wether to kill it a few times, leave it alone or what. It spawns a lovely void zone when it dies and it somewhat difficult to control, so at 2am, we started to run out of energy for ideas :p.
Mithos

Postby Janduin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:18 am

As you said, pounce is what kills you, or tanking all the adds together. LoSing means the adds can't pounce, find a way to LoS them such that when they finally see you they are too close, then separate the adds into 2 groups of 2. Shield wall pulling is a good idea to be safe, as the adds will be together for a few seconds at the beginning.

I really like the consecrate pull, tbh. Mostly because:

A) The timing is all up to me, I don't have to rely on others not to screw it up.
B) The rogues and hunters are able to MD after I have already aggroed everything and thus avoid getting pounced themselves.

As for Feral Defender, we had the add tanks taunt it out of the raid whenever we could, and it slowly would die from AOE. The taunt DR and whatnot made it impossible to keep out of the raid, but you do your best. You try to stun it out of the raid when it's almost dead to avoid repositioning for the void zone, but sometimes you can't control where it dies, in which case you just have to move.

The Feral Defender pouncing and whatnot is annoying and interrupts spell-casting but doesn't do a huge amount of damage. If your healers are awake no one should die to this.
Janduin

Postby Splug » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:47 am

PsiVen wrote:How we did it:

Boss tanked at the edge of the stairs, facing the raid which is hiding in the cubby to LoS pounces. One tank OTs 2 panthers off to the side, the other pulls 2 panthers into the raid to kill immediately.

The pull:

MT blows every cooldown and hits boss as she turns away
Every tank pops shieldwall before the adds get in range.
OT1 takes an MD + attacks the other one to pick it up.
OT2 takes another MD + attacks the other one.

It worked fairly well for us, but it was still definitely the hardest part of the fight. The adds themselves die within seconds, as long as you can survive that long. The hard mode for this fight will be nuts.
This is basically what we did as well. We positioned the pull such that I was the only player in LoS of her and the cats, using a stairway to shield the rest of the raid. Right before the pull, I'd pop vampiric blood and icebound fortitude, the holy priest put up guardian spirit, the ret paladin hit divine shield and hand of sacrifice, and when the pull actually occurred the disc priest immediately hit pain suppression. On one pull, PS ticked out right before the last bleed tick and it dealt 48k damage. Then the OT's fired off divine protection and barkskin and pulled the adds off, two each. Interesting way to prevent cooldown chaining - demand them all at once.

After the pull the fight itself isn't bad, but we had several issues with her following me up or down stairs during fears causing a split-second evade, which would respawn the four sentinels (and cause a near-instant wipe).

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Ewige » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:41 pm

Were doing this last night on 25: "just md everything to the paladin for aoe tanking", pull, massive wipage, brix shattage, lulz(age). After a few attempts in the similar vein we got it down to a paladin running down to aggro with a bubble up and our one hunter misdirecting to the furthest panther tank (and FDing *immediately*, otherwise they'll pounce him first) with other tanks taunting their marks on the way including the boss tank taking one (4 tanks total). Seems to have worked for that phase, now to get everybody to concentrate on that damn jumping cat that comes out later...
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby Mithos » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Killed her tonight very quickly after we changed our pull. Ditched the distract stuff and just had crap tons of CDs put onj the MT as he pulled, I taunted/exo'd 2 adds, hunters MDd the other 2 to the other OT. Sorted, rest of the fight is cake compared.
Mithos

Postby Lore » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:20 pm

Does she sentinel blast on 10man? We did it the other night and never even noticed it, figured it was 25man only.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:24 pm

Lore wrote:Does she sentinel blast on 10man? We did it the other night and never even noticed it, figured it was 25man only.

She definitively does, but hits for way less than the 25 men.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon