Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

Postby kanst » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:40 am

So I have been in Ulduar for a few nights working on Razorscale. One thing I have noticed, bosses hit like trucks. Razorscale will melee for 27k with the debuff up. With this in consideration I am considering throwing like 2 points into divinity. I dont like the idea of it but at this point I am kind of thinking any help I can give my healers is beneficial...any opinions?
kanst

Re: Divinity after 2 nights in Ulduar

Postby Muffswindler » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:16 am

Whats your current spec and where would you be taking points from?
Muffswindler

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:18 am

It won't hurt (assuming you are taking points from something threat oriented or equally optional), but whether it would make a difference or not in a wipe is a bit debatable.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Spectrum » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:29 am

Well, right now we're all taking a lot of damage and that means there is a lot of healing going on. A lot of that may be overhealing, but there are a lot of Greater Healers landing that aren't overhealing. That extra 5% could make a difference in whether or not the healers can keep up with the incoming. At the least it makes them more mana efficient which will help them avoid running out of mana. It's probably equal to about 3% mitigation in terms of healing throughput.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby neokai » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Well... I believe you are talking about razorscale in p2 with the stacking fire debuff...

I find the divinity talent to still be questionable, but you could remove points from crusade (can't think of any other slot to remove points from) and go 3/5 divinity.

That being said, Divine Sacrifice is a very nifty tool, especially for situations like Deconstructor XT-002 when he does his Tymphanic Tantrum (120% of total raid's hp over 10 sec). Pop Div Sac, Pop Divine Shield and blessing of Sac on the MT = priceless.
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.
My warcraftpets profile here

neokai

Postby Shields » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:23 am

How can you tank and live through using divine sacrifice for tantrums? Sure, you could use it for the first one, if you even get a tantrum in phase 1, but after that you are tanking an add, so that means you will probably die if you pop it.
Shields

Postby Dianora » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:39 am

Shields wrote:How can you tank and live through using divine sacrifice for tantrums? Sure, you could use it for the first one, if you even get a tantrum in phase 1, but after that you are tanking an add, so that means you will probably die if you pop it.

It's treated as physical damage. You can use Hand of Protection.
Dianora

Postby Shields » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:01 am

Dianora wrote:
Shields wrote:How can you tank and live through using divine sacrifice for tantrums? Sure, you could use it for the first one, if you even get a tantrum in phase 1, but after that you are tanking an add, so that means you will probably die if you pop it.

It's treated as physical damage. You can use Hand of Protection.

but won't the adds run off and kill somebody?
Shields

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:30 am

I don't have any adds on me. I just shield wall and pop divine sacrifice and that seems to work really well. I did have a death on XT-002 last night where the overkill was less than 200. That's one time where Divinity might have saved me, well 3 more points in it anyhow.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Vencedor » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:06 am

Fight Vezax and then say Divinity isn't a useless talent.
Vencedor

Postby majiben » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:36 am

Fridmarr wrote:I don't have any adds on me. I just shield wall and pop divine sacrifice and that seems to work really well. I did have a death on XT-002 last night where the overkill was less than 200. That's one time where Divinity might have saved me, well 3 more points in it anyhow.

Did you have SS on you?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:25 am

Majiben wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:I don't have any adds on me. I just shield wall and pop divine sacrifice and that seems to work really well. I did have a death on XT-002 last night where the overkill was less than 200. That's one time where Divinity might have saved me, well 3 more points in it anyhow.

Did you have SS on you?

SS like Sacred Shield? I'm not 100% sure, since you can't look after you die, but the odds of me not having one on me are very very slim. Why would it matter?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:31 am

If you didn't have it, it would probably have saved you if you had had it.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:04 pm

Panzerdin wrote:If you didn't have it, it would probably have saved you if you had had it.

Certainly with such a small amount of overkill, there's any number of things that could have been executed better that would have saved me, but it doesn't change the fact that divinity would have allowed me to live through the hit that killed me. That doesn't mean I'm saying that everyone should run out and put 5 points into it.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:12 pm

I agree, I was just explaining what Maj was saying.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents