[25] Razorscale bezerk

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Razorscale bezerk

Postby Othersider » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:17 am

Hi all,

Razorscale has 12,550k hp on heroic. We have to get her down in 2 ground phases - 3 ground phases and she'll undoubtedly hit her bezerk timer.

So, let's say we go in with 3 tanks, 6 healers, and 16 dps. If she's stunned for 40 seconds each time, that means we need 4902 dps per person over both phases to get her to 50% by the end of the second one. Is this a realistic expectation? I realize that the first phase will have heroism+cooldowns, but it still seems daunting given that many classes need time to start dpsing at full. What am I missing?
Last edited by Othersider on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Othersider

Re: [25] Razorscale bezerk

Postby Serelynn » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:36 am

It sounds like ranged DPS might be able to attack the dragon while it is in the air.

My server has been completely screwed since the patch night, so we haven't had time to work on Razorscale yet but our new strategy is for ranged to attack the dragon when possible and for melee to kill non-whirlwinding adds. When the whirlwind adds spawn, ranged focuses on them.
Serelynn

Postby nicolax » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:41 am

don't bother with the calculations, we did it yesterday in 2 ground phase, with 7 healers and 3 tanks. The tanks can help on dpsing the boss if their adds got dpsed fast enough. Even the healers can help since the healing requirement is minimal when razorscale is stunned. The biggest problem is if there is a fire below the boss, melee will have problem to dps. The hitbox of the boss is very small.

We did it with bloodlust on first p1 ground phase and got the boss to 68% or so, then the 2nd time he was pulled down, we got into p2. Once in p2, it's super easy, just make sure the boss is not facing the raid and your tanks are switching in time, since the debuffs are stacking fast.

btw, the boss is not close enough to be dpsed when he is flying.
nicolax

Postby Candiru » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:43 am

I don't think she is in range until grounded.

We did it with 2 ground phases and got the achievement. I think her timer was unintentionally harsh since they have changed it now so its possible to kill her without getting the achievement!
Candiru

Postby inthedrops » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:58 am

I also don't think she's in range until the harpoons pull her down. People in the raid were commenting about not being able to target the boss like the strats suggested. We killed her without the achievement, just barely.

As long as you don't have too many watchers on you, it's a darn good idea for the tanks to drag the adds in and help DPS too.

We had a kill last night and I happen to have a video if you're interested: VIDEO 109MB

Note that Razor hits for 38k near the end. Also note that the tank gets a stacking buff that quickly reduces movement speed to the point that having x4 stacks means you're moving at about half walking speed and can't really get out of the blazes on the ground. DPS really needs to burn.

We did not know about the stacking slow debuff until it was happening.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Janduin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:31 am

inthedrops wrote:Note that Razor hits for 38k near the end. Also note that the tank gets a stacking buff that quickly reduces movement speed to the point that having x4 stacks means you're moving at about half walking speed and can't really get out of the blazes on the ground. DPS really needs to burn.

Yeah, we did not know this either. We had 3 tanks, me, a warrior, and a bear, and she roflstomped all 3 of us in turn at the end :). Taunt, die, taunt, die, taunt, die. Still managed to kill her though.
Janduin

Postby Glorr » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:55 pm

I've read you can have ranged DPS him some while he's in the air, but it's not worth the light DPS done on him and they should focus on adds instead.

Other than that, it's not so hard to down him in 2 landings. Bloodlust helps. :) Of course, I've not done it on 10 man. Mechanics may be harder. But on 25, just make sure than as soon as you can use 4th harpoon, as long as the whirlwind add is down, stack up in middle. Add tanks should bring adds in to take splash damage, and ALL DPS focuses on boss. Last night, we downed him with achievement.
Glorr

Postby Panzerdin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:31 pm

If it matters, you get round the progressive slow with a tank rotation.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Smartos » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:33 pm

This slow effect also reduces your armor by 20/40/60/80/100%. So I suppose a tank rotation is the best way to kill her.
Smartos

Postby inthedrops » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:48 pm

Smartos wrote:This slow effect also reduces your armor by 20/40/60/80/100%. So I suppose a tank rotation is the best way to kill her.

Thanks. That explains the bigger hits too.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:56 pm

For those who missed it, the Berserk timer got doubled anyway, it's a loot boss now assuming you don't get overwhelmed at the start.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Candiru » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:35 am

Can bubble / hand of freedom reset your stacks of movement debuff?
Candiru

Postby Soliro » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:51 am

The debuffs wear off pretty quick when another tank has taken it off you so no need to worry about bubble - also if the armor debuff is correct too then HoF isn't going to cut it as the slowing effect is 1/2 of whats going on
Soliro - Inevitable - Doomhammer EU
Soliro

Postby culhag » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:07 am

I think our DPS need to wake up. They only take 10 to 15% off the boss each groud phase.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Soliro » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:40 am

As soon as it lands are you telling the dps to totally forget the adds and go for the boss? I know it may sound a little patronising but we had DPS trying to finish off the adds before swapping until i told them to bugger off and I ain't going to die because i have 2 or 3 adds on me for 30 secs lol

As soon as your DPS realises there really isnt much survivability to think of when they are on the floor and they feel comfortable - i'm pretty sure even if DPS was only so so geared - 20% 1st, 20% 2nd and making him stay on floor 3rd time isnt at all difficult tbh
Soliro - Inevitable - Doomhammer EU
Soliro

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon