[25] General melee raid composition

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] General melee raid composition

Postby Strykker » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:57 am

I am the raid leader for my guild and we are generally very high on melee. I'll like to trim down a bit on melee numbers and some DKs are somewhat willing to switch chars since they no longer put out as big numbers as they used to.

Just wondering, what's the usual composition for everyone? This is refering to a healthy amount of melee dpsers without having to struggle with them dying through stuff like chain frost blasts from KT.
Strykker

Re: [25] General melee raid composition

Postby Teneb » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:06 am

Between 4 and 6. Never more than 6. We started running that comp in Naxx and it seems to work well so far. I'm kinda tempted to reduce the number though. Judging from our experience running a single rogue as all of the melee in 10 man, it just saves so much trouble on practically everything. Also we've started telling our melee to go stand in a corner on ignis trash etc now because it helps make the fight easier for us to not have to worry about them.
Teneb

Re: [25] General melee raid composition

Postby Nalyn » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:40 am

A lot depends on the fight, KT was particularly punishing to melees with the ice block, but just about any other fight in naxx...it doesn't matter. That said, as was mentioned, 5 or 6 seem to be the magic number, if you get too many less than than this, you start losing interupts, de-enrage abilities, stuns, etc, if you get too many more than this, you will tend to get too large of a portion of your raid packed in basically the same place for AE abilities.
Nalyn

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon