Kael'Thas Phase5

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kael'Thas Phase5

Postby Heleah » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:31 am

Hey !

First of all, sorry for my long-time-not-used English :roll:

My question is concerning KT in his phase 5

My guild ask me to grab at least 22k hp, and personnaly, I don't see how it could be possible to get them.

The Pyro pb : KT will cast Pyro on his first aggro player for 25k dmg
With our talent reduction, it comes to 22500.

I'm raiding with about 18700 hp full buff.
I'm working on changing some of my gems to up my HP pool, but anyway, I bet it won't be enough.

Anyway, my question is : did any tankadin tank KT during the P5 ?
If yes, was that with SSC / TK stuff only?

That was it :)
Have a Good day
Heleah

Postby Lore » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:37 am

You don't have to be able to survive the entire hit. The idea is to use the on use effect of the Phaseshift Bulwark to absorb the first one, and then have the 2nd one get interrupted. It's nice to be able to get over 22k health with nightmare seeds and trinkets though if possible, in case you need to survive a 2nd one, but I'm pretty sure you can actually DS through the 2nd pyroblast if you need to as long as you cancel it right away.
Lore
Global Mod

Re: Kael'Thas Phase5

Postby Warrender » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:42 am

Heleah wrote:Anyway, my question is : did any tankadin tank KT during the P5 ?
If yes, was that with SSC / TK stuff only?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4697&sid=1

This was a progression first kill for the guild so I'm assuming the Paladin was SSC/TK geared.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Heleah » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:01 am

Lore wrote:You don't have to be able to survive the entire hit. The idea is to use the on use effect of the Phaseshift Bulwark to absorb the first one, and then have the 2nd one get interrupted. It's nice to be able to get over 22k health with nightmare seeds and trinkets though if possible, in case you need to survive a 2nd one, but I'm pretty sure you can actually DS through the 2nd pyroblast if you need to as long as you cancel it right away.

We are planning on 2 Pyro per shield (worst case in fact)
For sure, I'll use the shield for the first one, if I'm on the 1rst place in KT's aggro list, but the second is scaring me like hell.
Even with fire potion, priest shield, I'm not sure it will be enough :(
We will see, we still have trouble for the transition between P2 and P3 ^_^"

Question for You Lore btw : should I keep my dodge gems or through them off for +12sta? (shoulder and waist)
I've read the stuff about effective hp pool and all the nice bibles, but I can't decide myself :/
Uncrushability is not the problem, but I'd lose lots of avoidance :/
Heleah

Postby Lore » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:04 am

If you're planning on 2 pyroblasts every time, then yeah you're screwed (but so is any other tank). If you're planning on 2 pyroblasts if things go horribly wrong somehow, then DS or priest shield + fire pot + nightmare seed is a fine option.

And there are no gems but stam gems :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Mithos » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:19 am

Even though usually only 2 pyros are cast, I noticed that infact our MT (Warrior) always eats the 2nd pyro after shielding through the first, and the 3rd is interupted, this is never a problem for us, he has around 22-23k HP buffed and has a priest shield/major fire prot potion whenever it's up. For some reason I thought he never ate them until the other day o.0.
Mithos

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:39 am

The tactic we use is based on our MT (yes, cow warrior, 5% hp ftw) eating 2 pyros so we don't stress too much the DPS.
He got about 22k hp full raid buffed, using about only "stam gear" to get them as high as possible.
Our tactic goes like:
1st pyro -> Shield
2nd pyro -> PW:Shield + Pot/Seed (LS or SW or uses his blacksmithing armor if in troubles, if it was me, i'd use DS ofc)
3rd pyro -> Interrupted
Never had problems with that, except if all the priests die for some reasons.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Vesstair » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:35 am

Lore wrote:And there are no gems but stam gems :P

Actually, the belt has one blue slot and a +4 stam socket bonus. If +12 gems are all she has access to, I would argue that 5 sp dmg is worth the loss of 2 stamina. The shoulders tho... yeah, solids all the way.
Vesstair

Postby enbee » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:50 pm

I tanked him on our 3rd kill, never ate a pyro, you have dps issues if you do eat one, not your fault for not being able to survive it! I don't even reach 22.5k hp buffed now, a couple 100's short, and I was nowhere close when I tanked kael
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Return to Tempest Keep