[10/25] XT-002

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] XT-002

Postby Teloc » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Hey guys, just had a break threw on this guy. We attacked his heart but not killed it. He went from 75% to 60% when he came out from phase 2. So if anyone is having any issues on this guy. Attack his heart, but don't kill it!

Update, the heart regens to full health each phase, so hurt it but don't kill it to help get him down.
Teloc

Re: [10/25] XT-002

Postby JakeDaniels » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Great tip. When we figured this out, we almost beat him. We popped a heroism before the phase shift. We also got lucky with a temper tantrum and had extended dps time on him. It was possible for us to burn him during phase 2 right back in to phase 2 again.

Also, it seems the DBM /distance option works well if you set it to 15 yards. At 10 we were gravity sucking each other.
JakeDaniels

Postby Struggz » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:30 pm

You can also BoP people during the tantrum and they'll be immune to it.

Kinda nice to save someone who is about to die.
Struggz

Postby Ragingsoul » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:37 pm

Teloc wrote:Hey guys, just had a break threw on this guy. We attacked his heart but not killed it. He went from 75% to 60% when he came out from phase 2. So if anyone is having any issues on this guy. Attack his heart, but don't kill it!

Update, the heart regens to full health each phase, so hurt it but don't kill it to help get him down.

does it really change that much?

we are doing 10men, and with everyone full geared up, doing around 3.7k dps overall, we have problems with enrage timer.
I think it's easier on 25men. 10men is a bitch. first phase, all did more than 4.5kdps, mage did 6.5k with BL. we used flasks, and even haste potion.

we had resto druid, holy pala and holy priest as healer, warr and me tanking, and elemental shaman, fury warr, rogue, mahe lock.

pretty good combo, all in Valorous gear and damn, we didn't do it, had like 400k left when he enrage.

we didn't touch the heart at all, so maybe that's the thing, I don't know. We're gonna try it tonight.
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Postby kram » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:15 am

Yeah just get the heart to 20% or so every expose then deal with adds. On ten man we used 1tank/3healers he came out of the first exposed heart at like 60%.
kram

Postby PsiVen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:45 am

This does seem to work, I'm not sure exactly how it does it though. I don't think it's a 1:1 damage return onto XT, but we had our melee stay on the heart as much as possible, bringing it down to 40%-60% or so in 25-man each phase, and he certainly took a noticeable dip in HP.

Does he continue to go into "phase 2" if you activate hard mode by killing the heart? The only video I've seen was the end, where there were just void zones and other extra abilities before they killed him. The enrage timer is pretty tight, so I have a hard time imagining pulling it off with an HP buff if those add phases keep coming.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby amh » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:52 am

PsiVen wrote:I don't think it's a 1:1 damage return onto XT,

It´s supposed to be 1:4, according to wowwiki.com/XT-002
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Teneb » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:44 am

Seemed to be 1:2 on our 10 man.

10 man easy mode strat:
Pull him up to the top of the stairs behind him. (Note:if you stop on the stairs the adds will evade bug and port through the wall onto the stairs)
Turn him sideways while standing right at the edge where the stairs hit the platform with the teleporter.
This forces the adds to path around and up giving you an easy lol killing zone or pair of zones. Melee on the stairs below him. Casters on the ground away from the stairs. Do it right and very little movement is required for the bombs.
Whenever the heart spawns, all dps attack it and the OT grabs the two large adds. Do not kill these, just collect them onto an OT. Stop dps on the heart at 20% or when the timer expires. (Note: 50-60% heart hp without BL is more than sufficient to beat the enrage.) Move to killing adds, melee stay on boss, ranged kill the bomb bots with single target and aoe all the repair guys. The large adds will simply be collected onto a (pally tank) they hit for nothing so 6 of them is no big deal.
When the 2nd heart (xt is at 50% health) appears, BL/Heroism. Stop dps on the heart at 20%, 35% when the timer expires will beat the enrage. This will put him at around 33-35% so he will go into the heart phase almost as soon as the trash is dead. Repeat and he should die with 30-60 seconds to spare.

Also when he is about to drop the heart, keep dpsing him til he goes untargetable, you can ninja anohter 3% this way.
Teneb

Postby kram » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:54 am

PsiVen wrote:Does he continue to go into "phase 2" if you activate hard mode by killing the heart? The only video I've seen was the end, where there were just void zones and other extra abilities before they killed him. The enrage timer is pretty tight, so I have a hard time imagining pulling it off with an HP buff if those add phases keep coming.

We gave a few tries at hard mode on 10 man but the raid damage is pretty rough at this point so we didnt really make it much past 80% once the heart was killed. The Life Sparks (i think thats the name.. the adds spawned from light bombs) have around 105k HP on normal and Ive seen them spawn as quickly as 6 seconds after the last.

The sparks do have a threat table, one of them hit one of our clothies for about 6k with a melee swing.

When they were testing hardmode for XT on the PTR last time you were able to target and kill the heart when it wasnt exposed, Im not really sure if anyone got very far without just dpsing the heart while the boss was close to dead.
kram

Postby sfrog » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:23 am

kram wrote:The sparks do have a threat table, one of them hit one of our clothies for about 6k with a melee swing.

I'm not so sure about that - the only thing I could tank at all was the pummelers for the adds- and I was doing everything but screaming your mama jokes at them over vent.
Without Honor...there is no Hope.
sfrog

Postby Glorr » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:23 pm

Damage on the heart converts to 4x damage on boss. If you do actually kill the heart, hard mode will begin, with boss returning to full health. Best bet is to hardcore DPS the heart for the 10-15 seconds before adds start popping. We were doing about 4-6kk damage on the heart, iirc. That converted out to around 14% on average when he popped back into phase 1. If done right, it will make the difference. If you don't use the heart method, I don't think anyone has the DPS yet to down him on 25 man before enrage. We were getting him down to around 40% last night before enrage.

Also, great method for dealing with tantrum is having a pally pop bubble and DS in the middle of the melee group. That way, the healers can focus on the squishies. We usually lose 3+ people on first tantrum without this trick.
Glorr

Postby Notorius101 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:10 pm

Glorr wrote:Also, great method for dealing with tantrum is having a pally pop bubble and DS in the middle of the melee group. That way, the healers can focus on the squishies. We usually lose 3+ people on first tantrum without this trick.

This is Exactly what we did, I did the first tantrum since after that I would have the adds then our 2 ret pallies then each took a turn doing it, It makes the healing on this a lot more manageable especially if you want to bring in more dps!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Notorius101

Postby gattaca » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:18 pm

We downed him on 10man last night, two attempts, 5 minutes and 58 seconds second on the second attempt due to one of our DPS being dead for half the fight.

100%-75% = tank'n'spank, just DPS without wasting cooldowns or anything

75% = ALL DPS on the heart, cooldowns, lust if you want, get it as low as you can without killing it. (we managed i think 10-15% or so)

This had xt-002 sitting on about 54% when he popped out again, basically leaving him on the verge of going back INTO the heart phase. The ultimate aim would be to hold him on the 51% mark until all your DPS are off the adds and ready to smash the heart again.

Everyone except the main tank and 1x DPS will need to kill all the scrapbots etc ASAP, at which point we push him over to 50% and go into heart phase again.

This keeps his normal melee phase to an absolute minimum and the fight ends up going really really fast :)
gattaca

Postby CountZero » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:21 am

If you do enough damage to the heart you can get him below 50% when the heart phase ends. Then the next heart phase starts immediately. We did this last night and the fight became very easy this way. In the second heart phase we didn't have heroism so when the phase ends he had around 35%.
CountZero
Maintankadonor

Postby Steve » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:26 am

Damage done to the heart is translated 1:1 to XT from what I can tell, but your abilities do twice as much damage to the heart.

So, time spent DPSing the heart is twice as effective as time spent dpsing XT himself.

And that voice is basically a Moral Orel impression, right?
Steve

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon