Ignis the Furnice Master ADDS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Ignis the Furnice Master ADDS

Postby callimar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:36 pm

So we took a few cracks at this boss last night in between having to reclear the trash every 15 min because of resets. My focus was on the adds for Ignis 10 man.
Here is what I saw/felt and would appreciate any help on/ advice about it that you guys might have.

1) Add spawn rate: It really seem to me that the adds were coming pretty quickly. I would grab a construct, put them in scorch and before I was even remotely close to 20 stacks another add was well on its way to the raid. Should I be waiting for 2-3adds before starting the stacks? It seems you would want to down them as the come up because of the 15% more dmg per add on the boss?

2) Getting the stacks on the constructs: That giant glowing cone while pretty doesn't really help you figure out where scorch starts and stops. So I spent a LOT of time getting myself cooked while I tried to get the add in and myself out. I guess "A" solution would be to eat the fire damage but that seems to be way too much for a 10 man. Are there any tips to getting them in the fire w/o cooking yourself too?

3) Brittle: When I eventually did get an add to 20 stacks he lost his debuff well before I got to the water. We tanked him in between the 1st two sets of adds near where he is pulled from. I guess we could move him further back but the timer on the scorch stacks seemed a bit fast.

Thanks
Cal
callimar

Re: Ignis the Furnice Master ADDS

Postby kram » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:52 pm

The adds spawn fast enough so that the add tank is basically always doing something. Basically I would grab a add, kite it through the fire stun it in the fire, call out and our boomkin would root it. I would then start looking for the next add. The root breaks just shortly after the add becomes molten and I would hit it with a exorcism or taunt(it drops aggro once it changes) and drag it through the edge of the water and the boomkin would blow it up once i was away.

We try to keep the boss tanked as close to the water as possible but not too close so the fire is put out by the water, you can make a big rectangle with the raid stacked in the center of the room.
---------------------
|--1-------------4--|
|O-------x--------O|
|--2-------------3--|
---------------------
1,2,3,4 where fire would be put down by the boss
O= Water
x= Raid

On ten man you really dont have to blow up every add, you can safely offtank 6+ adds and not have to worry about the MT or OT dieing.
kram

Re: Ignis the Furnice Master ADDS

Postby callimar » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:23 pm

mmm ok I will give it a try tonight. It was really hard to get anything done last night w/ all the crashing but that was "along" the lines of what we were doing. Thanks for the help

Cal
callimar

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon