Postby PsiVen » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:50 pm

I make the rogue tank.

Not joking.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Livyan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:55 pm

I find it easier to just let him kill the DPS and have a healer that can take a punch to the face until I pull Blackheart off him..

Duo FTW!

I've even been doing a one-man show against him sometimes (healers and DPS corpserunning while I stay alive with S/JoL, Pots, Cooldowns (DS/BoP, Bandages and LoH).

It's always fun when people zone in and go "WTF MC?!" and realize I'm still slapping him around xD
Livyan

Postby Karathos » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:24 am

BoK on me to start, JotC into SoR pop AW max rank consecrate and have everyone blow through their cooldowns asfast as possible.

the main key is to have no specials with cooldowns for him to use when you are MC'd.

if you have a priest have them NOT use psychic scream so it is available to them and iceblock for the mage. (as they will try to save themselves when getting beat on)

he is tauntable and there will be running around. fighting on the back wall isn't necessary as that can just slow stuff down. (this is a forced dps race)

if you need ... save a mana pot for right after an MC, and then blow through that as quick as possible. (but do not use LOH,.. you will want it for murmur)

you can use bowisdom ... but only after you are past where bok was useful (i.e. no longer full mana or hp by 10%)

the real killer is if your dps manages to kill themselves off.... *sigh* then punt :) I disagree about this being not paladin friendly ... we can frontload threat to burn him down better than warriors. (imp sanc aura ftw)
Karathos

Postby Alixander » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:42 am

I did this fight again this weekend, and found that if you spend the first part of the fight until he does his first MC with only you and the healer doing anything it lets you build up a large enough threat reserve to whether most of the rest of the storm of the fight. While it's not an easy fight due to him not hitting that hard, combined with you healing yourself when MCed thus wasting mana and not getting it back.
Alixander

Postby Downpour » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:25 am

Very interesting that we don't need to use LoH. I've always blown it before going in since i assumed it'd be the first thing that would get used.
Downpour

Postby Shibui » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:42 pm

Something you may want to try if you're having a hard time getting him to come to you after his "Time for fun" MC is done...

Before starting the encounter, write a quick little macro that casts a 1.5 sec heal on yourself without changing target (something like /cast [target=player] name of heal). Make sure everyone in the group knows to NOT bandage/pot/heal/whatever when MC finishes until your say-so. Spam the macro while controlled so that you're the first one to do anything when it lets up and watch him come running right at you. Almost easier than what a prot warrior has to do.

I came up with this in a fit of frustration over having to chase him all over that room and it worked like a charm this afternoon. (Of course it takes the cooperation of your group which can be an issue...)

As for going OOM... I haven't had a problem with running Wisdom/etc. and slapping on some mp5 gear for this fight. He does hit like a wet noodle so you don't need as much mitigation/avoidance/hp. And don't go anywhere without pots; that's just common sense.

Hope that helps,

Cheers!
Shibui

Postby jere » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:59 pm

Shibui wrote:Something you may want to try if you're having a hard time getting him to come to you after his "Time for fun" MC is done...

Before starting the encounter, write a quick little macro that casts a 1.5 sec heal on yourself without changing target (something like /cast [target=player] name of heal). Make sure everyone in the group knows to NOT bandage/pot/heal/whatever when MC finishes until your say-so. Spam the macro while controlled so that you're the first one to do anything when it lets up and watch him come running right at you. Almost easier than what a prot warrior has to do.

I came up with this in a fit of frustration over having to chase him all over that room and it worked like a charm this afternoon. (Of course it takes the cooperation of your group which can be an issue...)

As for going OOM... I haven't had a problem with running Wisdom/etc. and slapping on some mp5 gear for this fight. He does hit like a wet noodle so you don't need as much mitigation/avoidance/hp. And don't go anywhere without pots; that's just common sense.

Hope that helps,

Cheers!

Or use the self cast button, and you won't need a macro.
jere

Postby Galoheart » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:27 pm

What happens if you try and Devine Shield right before Blackheart does his MC does that makes you Immune to his MC? Has anyone ever tried that so see if it has worked before the first MC since Blackheart does make you use Devine Shield when in MC. Does anyone know?

SL just like everyone elseor most paladin this is not my favorite place or fight on the 2nd boss. Last run i did a day ago i used 9 super mana pots on that one fight alone. Damn thing gave me a headache. I did find judging wisdom helped due to having no mana but this fights just sucks period! I'm wondering if next time i shoud just switch to my DPS gear in bag since it has more spell dmg/int on it for mana.
http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.
"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Galoheart

Postby Abraxin » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:05 am

I believe I tried that and it still went through my DS. That was when I was holy :P I tanked him a few days ago and found I had a TON of trouble getting him back on me after he MCed. Mainy cause I was low on mana. I always have pots handy, but I hate to use them if there is another way around it. I later tanked him with much success with this strat:

1) everyone gets BoSalv. I know this sounds kinda lame, but it makes it soooo much easier to get him back after all that.

2) always have JoW on him. I never use JotC on anything and still hold aggro. Worked for me that time.

3) have lower ranked SoR handy to use during most of the fight, along with lower ranks of just about everything. With everyone "Salved", your low ranked spells should suffice. Worked for me.

The DPS in my last group for this fatty was not too amazing, and it did take a while. However, we did pull through without me having to use a single pot and losing aggro. :)
Abraxin

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics