Remove Advertisements

Patchwerk and AD

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Levantine » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:16 am

Knaughty wrote:
Any hit that takes you under the ad threshold should have the "extra" amount mitigated by ad.

A calculator would be your friend. Then you'd be able to work out that your version of AD amounts to 10.5% extra EH for 5 talent points.

Except, it would actually be even better, due it being mitigation instead of heath, and thus synergising with block.

Overpowered much?

Which is pretty much why the DK version is weaker than AD.
Levantine

Postby Consecrate » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:04 am

There really is no situation I can think whee AD isn't a load of fail :/
Probably the worst named paladin ever.
Consecrate

Postby Martie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:13 am

Knaughty wrote:
Sarutankah wrote:That absolutely fails on some boss fights and excels when we are tanking... trash.

You're wrong.

There are a monumental number of threads and posts as to why.

Troll elsewhere.
Any hit that takes you under the ad threshold should have the "extra" amount mitigated by ad.

A calculator would be your friend. Then you'd be able to work out that your version of AD amounts to 10.5% extra EH for 5 talent points.

Except, it would actually be even better, due it being mitigation instead of heath, and thus synergising with block.

Overpowered much?

I don't care about the 'mathematical' percentage of EH.
(Mathematical put in quotes because due to blocks and the difference between bosses, it's % EH is situational. On patchwerk, it's effectively 0% extra health since it gets leapfrogged. On some heroic bosses and a lot of trash, it's quite close to an infinite amount of EH since once you enter the AD zone you'll block all of the damage the mob does.)

Even if it prevents only 1% of the damage you take in, the damage prevented, as pointed out elsewhere on these fine forums, is the damage that would otherwise kill you.
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
Martie

Postby Deet » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:15 am

I love AD these days. The content and the gear level is much better for it. Bosses don't melee that much harder, but I have almost twice the health and three times the block value I did in BC. Obviously, it's not going to save you from taking two hatefuls to the face, but the better question is: what will?
Deet

Postby Racolus » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:58 pm

Avoidance.

From what I can tell so far, with the reference of other tankadins, AD in fact is not that effective with Patchwerk (when you are the OT).

Patchwerk reflected the old case that we can 'leap-frogged' which we were frequently subject to. It is not effective against one boss, under certain circumstances. It doesn't mean it is bad.
Racolus

Postby amh » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:30 am

I like AD for anything but Patchwerk. The only thing that will save you there is avoidance + pro-active healing.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Racolus » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:00 am

And yes, I agree the false DA message really get annoying quick.

It's annoyance level is right next to playing the train toy inside bank.
Racolus

Re: Patchwerk and AD

Postby Corman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:23 pm

Synergy:
Bubblewall + AD.

AD might not make us immortal, but it helps.

I've seen it kick in a few times and it made the difference and I wouldn't spec without it.
Corman

Postby Mozen » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:33 pm

The last time I tanked Patch in 25 I also had AD spamming its message. On that run, the other OT died on contact, twice, so I guess there were problems with our healing team. But I was definitely having suspicions whether AD really did save me that many times.

On other occasions when AD messages poped up, I would always be at really low health. For example on Razuvious holding extra trainees and my healer complained I was too far away to heal (WTH!?), and when on Sarth+2D doing add duty when my assigned healer died.

So I don't really know.
Mozen

Postby Delphineas » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:38 pm

I've noticed that Tankadin records avoided hits as AD "saves".

Also, If you take hit very close together or simultaneous, it will claim AD saved you on each one.
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas

Postby Xfighter » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:25 am

Tankadin claims it's saved you once your in AD threshold, regardless of if you take a hit in that time or not, or so I've noticed.

And in that case, it seems to be normal when you are taking 20-27k hits as often as you do on patch, with most of them taking you into AD range.
Xfighter

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:36 am

Newsflash: 2 bosses in the entire game can leapfrog AD, that doesn't make the talent anywhere close to useless.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Panzerdin » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Worldie, I don't think anyone claimed it did. You're overreacting a little.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon