Remove Advertisements

Order of bosses

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Order of bosses

Postby Taeron » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:01 am

Hello.

I know there are wings again in Ulduar, probably much like in Naxxramas, but in what order to bosses appear in said wings? Is there a guide or a map anywhere showing boss locations and in what order you will meet them as you progress through each wing?

Thank you.
Taeron

Re: Order of bosses

Postby Mex » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:36 am

I don't think it's wings in the same way that Naxx has wings. There are two separate parts, the second of which is accessible after you kill Kologarn (? I think ?). I'm fairly sure that the order of bosses is linear.

* Flame Leviathan
* Ignis the Furnace Master
* Razorscale
* XT-002 Deconstructor
* The Iron Council
* Kologarn
* Auriaya
* Hodir
* Thorim
* Freya
* Mimiron
* General Vezax
* Yogg-Saron
* Algalon the Observer

That's according to Wowwiki. Algalon is unlocked by defeating some of the other bosses (Watchers, I think) on their respective hard modes.
Mex

Postby vyaine » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:51 pm

afaik you also need to defeat yogg-saron on that raid lock before you can access alganon. could be wrong though.
vyaine

Postby Invisusira » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:52 pm

You have to beat all the bosses on hard mode for him to unlock.
Invisusira

Postby Markoh » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:07 pm

From the quests that have been data mined from the ptr it looks like you need to kill the watchers in their hard mode. It says something about needing to get their sigils and the only way to get them (it gives a reason for each) is by killing the hard modes.

I think you also need to kill yogg but I'm not sure.

A couple of the bosses are "optional". Ignis and razorscale are defiantly optional, and from the way the yogg saron achievements sound so are the 4 watchers.
Markoh

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:43 pm

The in-game maps:
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... lduar0.jpg
Flame Leviathan -> Ignis (left), Razorscale (right) -> Deconstructor

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... lduar1.jpg
Iron Council (left) -> Kologarn (centre)
Alagalon on the right, but he requires you've already beaten some later hard modes.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... lduar2.jpg
Auriaya (centre) -> (Clockwise, can be killed any order) Mimiron, Freya, Thorim, Hodir

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... lduar3.jpg
General Vezax -> Yogg-Saron

Edit: Found this.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sober » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:00 pm

http://www.stratfu.com/tools/ulduar-map/

I haven't actually explored inside but from that map it looks like (as I can guess) Iron Council is "optional" because of where you enter from the siege area, you can walk straight up to Kologarn? Although I guess you need their drop to eventually get to Algalon (?)

Auriaya patrols around the top, so I'm guessing she isn't optional, but can be skipped for later? Unless I'm reading it wrong and she's more like the Akama of Ulduar. I'm guessing that if the 4 Keepers are optional, she unlocks the pathway to the Descent into Madness (and if not skippable, also the to the watchers?)
Sober

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:42 am

Basically once you get to the middle, you should get the choice of which boss to do next, once all 3-4 bosses there (Hodir, Thorim, Freya, something else) are killed you should unlock the way to go ahed.
There was a very nice map somewhere, i lost it sadly.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby mconeone » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:40 am

mconeone

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon