Rawr.ProtPaladin

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Rawr.ProtPaladin

Postby solieu » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:25 pm

I'm Solieu, current maintainer of the Protection Paladin model for Rawr.

If anyone was following it, Ermad had stopped working on Rawr.Tankadin a few months ago and since then Neganur and I have picked up development on it.

In the upcoming Rawr release such a large amount of changes were made to the model for Protection Paladins that we have renamed the model to Rawr.ProtPaladin.

Rawr.ProtPaladin now complies with the rest of the Rawr Tanking models in using Effective Health for its survival rating instead of the odd formula it had used before. It also uses Rawr.ProtWarr's ability to choose TankPoints instead of Rawr's Survival+Mitigation+Threat model.

I am asking for those incredibly savvy with both math and theorycrafting to assist in adding accurate support for certain features that the current version is lacking, such as Ardent Defender modeling and Reckoning.

I am also asking for those who use Rawr.Tankadin extensively to let us know what features and options you'd like to have included that you feel would greatly benefit the model.

Any feedback or bug reports would be greatly appreciated, either here in this thread (I'm lurking on maintankadin pretty damned often) or at the rawr website (http://rawr.codeplex.com)

This Rawr.ProtPaladin model is *not* currently in the beta 2.2.0b5, but it will be in the following beta.

I can look into putting my current internal beta on a file hosting service for the sake of testing Rawr.ProtPaladin. Stay tuned for that.
solieu

Re: Rawr.ProtPaladin

Postby Neganur » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:29 pm

Download Links:

Current release is : v2.2.4
Released: May 14 2009
Link: Rawr v2.2.4.zip
Last edited by Neganur on Thu May 14, 2009 9:53 am, edited 7 times in total.
Neganur

Postby knaughty » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:51 pm

The MATLAB thread pretty much killed Reckoning again.

Also: Only seal you need to worry about is still SoV - Blood and Righteousness still fail in 3.1

Thus: AD modelling is highest priority by elimination. Good luck...
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby majiben » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:14 pm

MATHLAB Thread. If you have the head for it (and you likely do) it's a feast of information. SoR just caught up to SoV when it's glyph was 30%, now that it's back to 10% it's no contest again.
Last edited by majiben on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby _Chloe » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:09 pm

Sticked this thread, un-stickied the old one.
_Chloe

Postby Gamingdevil » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:42 am

I assume diminishing return calculations have been fixed this version? In Rawr.Tankadin I always had less avoidance than in actuality.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby solieu » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:07 am

DR has been fixed in Tankadin since.. I think 2.2.0b2 or b3.

It is most definitely fixed in ProtPaladin.
solieu

Postby Gamingdevil » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:35 am

Shame on me for having 2.1.9 then, I'll wait with updating now untill ProtPaladin is out.
Gamingdevil

Postby solieu » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:08 pm

I was expecting beta 6 to be out today but I guess that has since come and gone. I'm going to go ahead and post a download link to my current working copy of Rawr. I've only included the Paladin (including both Tankadin and ProtPaladin) and Warrior modules in this one.

http://rapidshare.com/files/215190951/R ... e-beta.zip

We're currently really pleased with the progress that Rawr.ProtPaladin has made and the updates over Rawr.Tankadin.

Since the last version:

-Added Reckoning support based on theck and co.'s matlab calculations
-Rearranged Options window
-Target Creature Type support and the bonuses based on creature type: Exorcism 100% crit on Undead and Demons, Crusade's additional damage bonus, Glyph of Sense Undead
-Support for character Mana, Int, SpellHit, SpellCrit
-More accurate Mongoose enchant modeling
-Cleaned up the amount of items shown

Right now we have it set so that only items with tanking stats (defense, dodge, parry, block) on them are shown (with the exception of trinkets; they have a greater variety of stats that are considered relevant). They *still* exist in Rawr, they're just hidden to ProtPaladin as non-relevant items. The current way to add DPS plate items will involve switching to the Retribution model to pick those DPS plate items as available then switching back to ProtPaladin. I can add an option to re-enable Resilience plate items, and otherwise would like to hear if any particular items are missing from being displayed.

We still need some help with a few features for Rawr and would love some further close assistance with it. If you find yourself to be an expert with theorycrafting, I'd love to find a working formula for Ardent Defender.
solieu

Postby Gamingdevil » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:19 am

Would love to try it out, but Rapidshare tells me you have removed it :(
Gamingdevil

Postby Nich » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Gamingdevil wrote:Would love to try it out, but Rapidshare tells me you have removed it :(

Possibly because b6 was put up on rawr's download site on April 2nd/3rd : )

http://rawr.codeplex.com/Release/Projec ... seId=25625
Nich

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:36 am

I love you... in a purely platonic, non-gay way of course *cough*

On-topic: There doesn't seem to be a maximum amount of points you can spend in the talent calculator and 50% of the time when I right-click something it scrolls to the top.
Gamingdevil

Postby Imbabubble » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:01 am

But b6 doesnt contain the ProtPaladin module...Am I missing the obvious here?
Imbabubble

Postby solieu » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:33 am

There was a series of issues that prevented ProtPaladin from being in beta 6; I'm trying the best I can for it to be ready in the next beta.

The posted version I had up in my last post had a very nasty crash when doing optimizations, and had major trouble with enchant handling.

I can look into getting something public probably by tonight. If you can't wait, my suggestion is to get the source from http://rawr.codeplex.com and using a free C# compiler like SharpDevelop to put it together and give it a try. You really don't have to be a developer to download the source, open Rawr.sln, then hit Compile / Run Without Debugging.

Latest changes since my last post include support for partial spell resists & glyph comparison charts.
solieu

Postby Imbabubble » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:06 am

I was really wanting to try ProtPaladin so I tried just that yesterday :)
But when I got it up and running, the item cache only contained the items that was on my current aromory profile...any hints as to how I use the item cache from the released version?

Edit: Spelling
Last edited by Imbabubble on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imbabubble

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros