Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Out of quests in nagrand.

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:59 am

Doing quests for the achievment.
70 out of 75 done.
And im out of options.

Track low level quests on.
Done all the corki ones, kilsorrow fortress ones, throne of elements, kuruni ones, etheral ones, demon hunter ones, that dwarf big game hunter...

What am i missing.
Pretty sure ive done the howling wind one too. (random drop)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Out of quests in nagrand.

Postby hoho » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:39 am

Horde has Thrall grandmother quest series, not sure about alliance. Have you done that one?

Anyway, there are about 136 quests there: http://www.wowhead.com/?quests=8.3518
92 for alliance and 105 for horde. I'm guessing you missed some long sequence
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:32 am

There's one that has you jump onto a tree for a bird's egg. It's given by a Goblin, so I'm guessing Alliance can do it.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:15 am

Have you done the "I See Dead Draenei" quest chain (starts in Auchindoun)?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:12 am

There's a SMV line that goes back to Altruis that's worth a few quests. It starts with the warglaive collection, IIRC.

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=10646 has more info.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:58 pm

ok i havnt done many quests in smv. thanks for the heads up, that may be where im missing quests.
And im pretty sure ive done the quest chain that darts back and forth between nagrand and archedoun, final step killing that elite demon.
And yes, ive done the egg jumping one. (but i cheated and used my flying mount LOL)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:58 pm

Also, the repeatable quest turn-ins count for the first one, IIRC. My wife had problems finding one last quest a few a couple days ago, and the ogre beads turn in at the consortium camp did the trick.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:15 pm

yeah ive done the handin ones.
I learnt that while doing icecrown. Alot of quests are really the first of 'dalies'

Still 5 short.
Going to start shadowmoon this week, hoping that this will unlock my 5 missing quests.

Regarding random drop items that start quests, how many are there in nagrand?
Ive found the howling wind (from air elementals) - any others?
masterpoobaa

Postby hoho » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:48 am

masterpoobaa wrote:Regarding random drop items that start quests, how many are there in nagrand?

Apparently, two assuming one of the plans are for alliance and other for horde.
http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter=cr ... 18;crv=0:0
Leap of Faith:
hoho

Postby Mitchrius » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:55 pm

I was frustrated with being ONE quest short in Nagrand. A friend of mine asked me if I had "saved the gnome chick at the Nessingwary camp" I didn't know what he was talking about. I had to sit at the fire for almost 4 hours (afk with audio turned up to hear here mechanostrider) She gets attacked by a troll rogue or something. When you kill him a single quest becomes available and she is there for 5 minutes then despawns. It totally random from what I read about.

I hope this helps.
Mitchrius

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:16 am

I finally got my nagrand bag of quests.
It was to do with alturis the demon hunter guy - but i had to start it from SMV.
+1 for visiting him
+3 for killing 3 demons in zanga, netherstorm & smv
+1 for listening to his story and DING.
masterpoobaa

Postby Soliro » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:35 am

There should really be an addon developed that works out what q's for you char are done and which are to be done and where you are in chains

A little like how lightheaded has the ability to check all q's for a certain area but more personalised for your char - the data must be somewhere emmm....
Soliro - Inevitable - Doomhammer EU
Soliro

Postby mandm413 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:29 pm

There is also a few quest there that you get in the netherdrake rep grind series of quest that has you kill the demons there.
mandm413

Postby Zoltar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Mitchrius wrote:I was frustrated with being ONE quest short in Nagrand. A friend of mine asked me if I had "saved the gnome chick at the Nessingwary camp" I didn't know what he was talking about. I had to sit at the fire for almost 4 hours (afk with audio turned up to hear here mechanostrider) She gets attacked by a troll rogue or something. When you kill him a single quest becomes available and she is there for 5 minutes then despawns. It totally random from what I read about.

I hope this helps.

That one happens once an hour. Usually on the hour or just after.
Zoltar

Postby hoho » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:35 am

Soliro wrote:A little like how lightheaded has the ability to check all q's for a certain area but more personalised for your char - the data must be somewhere emmm....
That data is on wow servers. Only way to get a decent idea on what quests you haven't done yet is to get an addon that tracks all your quests. Obviously you need to have that addon installed from when you start leveling or you'll be missing a ton of information.
Leap of Faith:
hoho

Return to General Strats