Remove Advertisements

How painful is Kaz'rogal?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

How painful is Kaz'rogal?

Postby Amran20 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:48 pm

Obviously for this fight I'm going to be healing, such as I do for all the boss fights in Hyjal. In healing gear, raid buffed, I have a 10K mana pool, but this fight sounds insane, as in, omg, wtf, where'd my mana go, kaboom. Anyone want to tell me how it feels, rather than just reading the strategy?

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Ossuary » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:13 am

Once you guys start farming up your SR sets for mother and the mana users can bulk up on SR its not really that bad at all. We set the lower limit at first of just the SR bracers and cloak, which worked fine. Course sitting in 365 SR did make me lol at all the resists.
P.s. he hits like a wimp so sacrificing gear slots for SR isn't a problem its just getting the gear.
If all else fails and your low on mana, just get far away (20 yards) from others and harmlessly blow up.
Ossuary

Postby Amran20 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:31 am

So it's nothing too terrible. I'm guessing we'll have everyone wearing their BT key, some assorted SR gear, and Prayer of Shadow Prot. We tend to have very good DPS, so that part of the race should be easy. I gotta say, I'm really looking forward to Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart soon enough.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Gerilith » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:35 am

Why the hell aren't you tanking Azgalor's and Anetheron's adds? And yes, even with Medallion of Karabor + Prayer of Shadow Protection (120 SR I think, isn't it?) you will resist 2-3 Marks and never get more than one third (about 3400 dmg) of the explosion, even after getting oom. You will be able to spam FoL the whole fight.

PS: DS is your friend...you will simply "dispell" one mark.
Gerilith

Postby PsiVen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:54 am

It feels like a joke, he's easier than his trash and Anetheron as long as you don't have anyone jihad'ing up the melee camp.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Lore » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:25 am

I find it generally more helpful to keep Judgement of Wisdom up for the casters/hunters/enhancement shaman than blow all my mana healing.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:36 pm

I spam fol on the MT and put up jow, I tend to skip manapotting alltogether, I'm in shadowresgear, if I do go oom I'll be sure to be somewhere not near anyone, and I'll resist a big part of the explosion.

Get all your casters in at least the SR cloak and neck, and make sure everyone has 2 super mana pots and use the first one real early, easy loot!
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Re: How painful is Kaz'rogal?

Postby enbee » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:38 pm

Amran20 wrote:Obviously for this fight I'm going to be healing, such as I do for all the boss fights in Hyjal. In healing gear, raid buffed, I have a 10K mana pool, but this fight sounds insane, as in, omg, wtf, where'd my mana go, kaboom. Anyone want to tell me how it feels, rather than just reading the strategy?

every boss? 2nd and 4th adds are pretty catered for paladin tanking, they're demons so you can pull them very easily and quickly, which is especially important for the infernals on the 2nd boss!
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Rhî » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:23 am

I have assumed, this thread would be around Kaz'rogal?

Just want to let you know that I have tanked Kaz'rogal yesterday. I was surprised that his Manaburn isn't a great issue. I never was under 4k Mana, Most of the time completely full. Burned down to 4k Mana after each Mark, but filled up again quickly.

Just pick up a healshamy and a shadowpriest into your group.
Rhî

Postby onacouch » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:15 am

Is kaz'rogal un-tankable as a paladin? I stand with the melee group and seal/judge wisdom and throw out heals when I can, but after getting hit with the mark 2-3 times I'll end up going /oom.

At this point I run out and only run in to re-fresh my judgement of wisdom. Eventually he does the mana-drain thing so fast that I'll end up getting warstomped and destroying the melee while simply trying to just run in and swing once to refresh and run out.

I figured a paladin would be better since I can exorcise and avenger's shield as he's running to me giving the DPS the luxury of opening up DPS pretty much instantly.
onacouch

Postby enbee » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:34 am

slap on healing gear and heal on this fight, blowing up the melee just wiped you on the easiest boss in the instance, don't do it.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Lore » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:17 am

The Azgalor conversation that was once in this thread has been moved here: http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=3208
Lore
Global Mod

Postby onacouch » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:34 am

Well, I went ahead and tried to tank him too. As stated earlier this is more than possible. Mana wasn't too big an issue, I was going all-out max-ranking all my abilities whenever anything was off cooldown. Bigwigs did pop up once giving me a little warning telling me who I was about to blow up, but I got hit with a warstomp and took enough damage to go right back to 100% mana. Going all-out isn't even completely necessary, I dipped down to ~15% mana once, and that was because I was getting mana drained and a mile ahead of everyone on the threat meter.

I think the real advantage to having a paladin tank this is the front-load. Getting the mis-direct, Avenger's Shield (~700), Exorcism (~900), and Judgement of righteousness (~600) is about ~4000 threat plus whatever misdirect gives, all before the boss even gets to me. This gives the DPS the opportunity to unload almost instantly, the faster this guy dies the better.
onacouch

Postby Afraithe » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:21 am

Thats true, you want this dude down as fast as possible.

I haven't tried tanking him yet, our Warrior MT gets MD:ed and drags him around past Thrall and up to the hill where the Tauren Warriors are, takes a while before DPS can get started, but it works.

As someone said, this is a very easy boss.
Afraithe

Postby Thyrion » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:03 am

Do you have any advice for the amount of SR?

Last night we made our first attempts on him and we pretty much failed because of the lack of SR.
Some did use their medaillon, some didn't have it yet and some just didn't bring it for the fight.

Is it enough to wear the amulett and have the SR-priest-buff?

I also found it very hard to survive his attacks, since my tanking gear is more trash-oriented. I fear, that I won't be given a next shot on him, due to our healers complaining about the damage I took.
Thyrion

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal